Author Topic: Cinema  (Read 45179 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Cinema
« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
oracle, that chant in the dark knight rises looks like it resembles lord shiva's chant "harom harom hara hara"........do you feel the same way?

what's that chant? fish fish tada tada?   
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #441 on: July 26, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »
oracle, that chant in the dark knight rises looks like it resembles lord shiva's chant "harom harom hara hara"........do you feel the same way?

what's that chant? fish fish tada tada?   

"Deshay Basara". Dunno which language it is in. Probably they just made it up. But the exterior of the pit was shot in Jodhpur, India.

''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #442 on: August 01, 2012, 02:33:57 AM »
finally saw TDKR today.
It was phenomenal, imo its pretty close to the previous 2, which already set very high standards.
I prolly need some time to pass to have better opinion though.

Not gonna give any spoilers, because I hate doing it.

I'll just say that the tone and atmosphere of the movie is as beautiful as TDK.
Bane's voice gives the goosebumps throughout the movie, similar to what the Joker did in the previous one.
Don't know if I even need to mention the score, Hans Zimmer delivers it once again beautifully!
Wasn't expecting much from Anne Hathaway, but she really surprised me as catwoman, pretty solid if not very good performance.

And ofc one last gratz to Nolan, for wrapping up the story perfectly.
TDKR is definitely as dark as previous 2. It carriers the story beautifully, delivering what we all expected.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #443 on: August 04, 2012, 03:21:19 AM »
Bane's voice gives the goosebumps throughout the movie, similar to what the Joker did in the previous one.

Exactly...everyone thought Bane could not be compared to the Joker, but in the end, it was very close...the twist was very good..
Bale & freeman were perfect as usual..as far as anna ( catwoman) is concerned,  :wub: :wub:..
Kudos to Nolan for making such a wonderful Franchise !!

The only negative part : there's no 4th one in the future..:(

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #444 on: August 04, 2012, 05:19:27 AM »
there's too much talk about this movie and so i don't feel like watching it.......i keep postponing it week by week out of disinterest........these blockbusters after so much of talk and hype once i watch it in the theater most often disappoint me even though they actually match the hype........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #445 on: August 04, 2012, 07:16:11 AM »
thats the lamest excuse i've ever heard.. :)~ :)~ :rofl_2:
i don't understand ..a lot of talk about some movie should make normal people get interested in it..
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »
there's too much talk about this movie and so i don't feel like watching it.......i keep postponing it week by week out of disinterest........these blockbusters after so much of talk and hype once i watch it in the theater most often disappoint me even though they actually match the hype........

I don't like all the talk either. But if you avoid internet forums and such its pretty quiet  :)~
Prior to watching the movie I successfully avoided all the teasers, trailers, pics, etc...

Also, I went to the theater 7 days after opening at 5pm to avoid the crowd, kids etc. So I came in there only to see around 10ppl in theater, hehe it was beautiful  :))

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #447 on: August 04, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »

Exactly...everyone thought Bane could not be compared to the Joker, but in the end, it was very close...the twist was very good..
Bale & freeman were perfect as usual..as far as anna ( catwoman) is concerned,  :wub: :wub:..
Kudos to Nolan for making such a wonderful Franchise !!

The only negative part : there's no 4th one in the future..:(

It is a pity yes, but I think this trilogy is pretty much enough. 4th movie would seem too much.

On the other hand, Bane could be compared to the Joker, but TDKR can't be compared to TDK. It came pretty close, yes. But BB and TDK are still slightly better imo..

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #448 on: August 05, 2012, 01:31:26 AM »
Honestly TDKR was a huge disappointment compared to TDK. Bane was not as interesting as The Joker.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #449 on: August 05, 2012, 12:48:51 PM »
Honestly TDKR was a huge disappointment compared to TDK. Bane was not as interesting as The Joker.

Mehh we all knew it would be impossible to top TDK, but TDKR is great for wrapping up the story beautifully.
Agreed Bane wasn't as interesting as the Joker, but thats only because most of the ppl see the Joker as the best villain in Batman world..

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #450 on: August 11, 2012, 05:55:46 AM »
thats the lamest excuse i've ever heard.. :)~ :)~ :rofl_2:
i don't understand ..a lot of talk about some movie should make normal people get interested in it..

I don't like all the talk either. But if you avoid internet forums and such its pretty quiet  :)~
Prior to watching the movie I successfully avoided all the teasers, trailers, pics, etc...

Also, I went to the theater 7 days after opening at 5pm to avoid the crowd, kids etc. So I came in there only to see around 10ppl in theater, hehe it was beautiful  :))

finally saw the movie........it was good........anne hathaway did a good job as a jewel thief and so did all the usual characters........i thought the whole movie was shot with imax cameras but only some part(30 mins or something) covered the full screen?

bane did a good job when it's not easy to live up to the expectations after the joker character in the previous movie........

bale as usual brilliant........i thought they could have ended the movie with the trademark bat stunt (as he carries that atom bomb over the sea, they should have shot a scene showing him escaping the aircraft with a massive bat stunt over the sea)........that would have truly rocked the climax........

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #451 on: August 18, 2012, 10:39:02 AM »
I admit I'm a Nolan fangirl. Infact, I've watched TDKR about 9 times so far over the past month.  :lmao:

Here's my opinion on the Joker vs Bane issue:

The Joker is possibly the most fascinating comic book villain of all time. His ideology is so attractive and so vague at the same time. And he had some really awesome dialogues to hook us in. But not for a second did I feel in TDK that he was scary. But Bane, on the other hand, is truly scary. Who else could lift Batman up so effortlessly and then break his back? Who else could match Batman punch for punch? In many ways, Bane and Bruce Wayne are mirrors of each other - both orphans, both trainees of the League of Shadows. The only real difference between them is their choice - Bruce rejected the philosophy of the LoS, while Bane embraced it.
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #452 on: August 18, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »
i thought both are good in their own way........joker was not meant to be scary or funny but chaotic.......he himself calls himself the "agent of chaos"........bane was straightforward and his intentions were clear........joker was puzzling and himself doesn't know what he ultimately wants and that lead to curiosity among the audience back in 2008.......if you ask me to pick one over the other, i would pick joker.......

i also liked the dark knight better than the "rises"......."rises" lacked some good stunts which TDK had......."rises" also highlighted other characters more than the batman.......

i din't like a couple of scenes in the movie, they weaken "the batman".......bane getting bumped off by anne hathaway and batman fighting on the streets in daylight in one of those last scenes and nobody notices him....... 

Offline TigerTim

• Tennis Player
« Reply #453 on: August 18, 2012, 04:19:42 PM »

this, Bane was disappointing. I liked Batman Begins the most as a film.

Offline Imsda

• Tennis Player
« Reply #454 on: August 26, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »
I have to say the one with the Joker was much better!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #455 on: August 26, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
I just watched the 1963 version of Cleopatra. What an epic, 4 hours.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #456 on: August 28, 2012, 08:57:19 AM »
I admit I'm a Nolan fangirl. Infact, I've watched TDKR about 9 times so far over the past month.  :lmao:

Wow 9 times?  :lmao:

Well even as Batman 'fan', I really like Nolan's work. What he did(besides Batman) with Momento, Prestige, Inception etc is truly amazing.
Gotta give him credit for his lack of CGI and phenomenal directing.

The oddest thing is, movies I really really like, like Nolan's Batman Saga, Tim Burton's, 2001, Blade Runner etc I don't like watching on multiple times, especially in short period of time.
I like some time to pass before watching it again.

For example I watched TKDR only once, will watch it again, so I can see it in theaters for one more time before its released on blu ray.

As for the movie itself, I found it amazing. As I've said earlier it can't be better than previous 2, but we got to see yet another great story, acting and ultimately great trilogy.
The only problem I had with it, I wanted Batman to be more grounded, meaning less 'car chases' etc etc.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #457 on: August 28, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »

Wow 9 times?  :lmao:

Well even as Batman 'fan', I really like Nolan's work. What he did(besides Batman) with Momento, Prestige, Inception etc is truly amazing.
Gotta give him credit for his lack of CGI and phenomenal directing.

The oddest thing is, movies I really really like, like Nolan's Batman Saga, Tim Burton's, 2001, Blade Runner etc I don't like watching on multiple times, especially in short period of time.
I like some time to pass before watching it again.

For example I watched TKDR only once, will watch it again, so I can see it in theaters for one more time before its released on blu ray.

As for the movie itself, I found it amazing. As I've said earlier it can't be better than previous 2, but we got to see yet another great story, acting and ultimately great trilogy.
The only problem I had with it, I wanted Batman to be more grounded, meaning less 'car chases' etc etc.

the dark knight will be remembered as the best film of the trilogy.........there is not a single trademark batman stunt in TDKR........they should have signed off the movie with a great stunt right at the end but they chose to end it very casually.........

like i said above in one of the posts, they should have included a great stunt at the end and changed those scenes where bane gets killed by hathaway (wtf?) and also batman fighting in the streets in daylight........the movie highlighted other characters more than the batman........

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #458 on: October 21, 2012, 09:54:11 PM »
Looper is stupid.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #459 on: May 27, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »
Watched Star Trek 2 last weekend. Was slightly better than the first one but unfortunately, it's trying too hard to please the current crowd and is moving way from what it was really famous for. It's becoming more of an action genre than a true sci-fi. Also, it has taken a bit from The Wrath of Khan as well as a couple of other Trek movies, so it lacks originality to begin with. Oh well...

Watched Impostor last night. Pretty good for a movie that was low budget and was taken from a short story. The premise is so good, I wished it had a bigger budget and a great director who could have done wonders with the plot. This too was another sci-fi btw.
You are everything I am not.