Author Topic: Hitting partners?  (Read 3204 times)

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
Hitting partners?
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:58:32 AM »
Anyone within decently close range to NorthEast PA that would want to hit around?  I'm always looking for someone new to play with that's hopefully better than me...haha
Millenium Sport Technologies Representative
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
x2 Head Liquidmetal Radical @ 60lbs w/ Luxillon ALU power rough
------------

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Hitting partners?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 07:35:07 AM »
Anyone within decently close range to NorthEast PA that would want to hit around?  I'm always looking for someone new to play with that's hopefully better than me...haha

lol

I guess you're willing to travel. How 'bout narrowing your search first to a city, then a greater metro area before broadening it to a region.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 08:48:46 AM »
Well, I've mentioned I pass through Scranton when I drive to Columbus. But I only do that a couple times a year.
I'm up near the New Hampshire border so not really close enough.  :mad1:
Wish I was. I don't mind driving a bit to hit. I go a couple hours every couple weekends or so, to hit with MT who is also a member here. He's in New Hampshire.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 08:51:42 AM »
Well, I've mentioned I pass through Scranton when I drive to Columbus. But I only do that a couple times a year.
Wish I was. I don't mind driving a bit to hit. I go a couple hours every couple weekends or so, to hit with MT who is also a member here. He's in New Hampshire.

New Hampshire?! And all this time I thought he was a mean motorscooter.   :rofl_2: 
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 09:08:42 AM »
There is also a "Seeking Players" forum here you can try to post this in as well to see if you can hunt down a hitting partner. : )
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
There is also a "Seeking Players" forum here you can try to post this in as well to see if you can hunt down a hitting partner. : )

Yeah, that has helped a lot! [twiddling thumbs] :whistling:  ..-)

An ambition fulfilled

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 10:30:31 AM »

New Hampshire?! And all this time I thought he was a mean motorscooter.   :rofl_2: 

:mad1: :\ :Confused: :confused1:  I don't get it??? :confused1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 10:33:34 AM »
Well, you did mention you travel to New England for tourney play.  So if you ever get close to southwest NH just give a shout. :)  I also spend some time in the summer down by the Hall of Fame in Newport, RI and even had the good fortune to hit there once.
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 10:34:31 AM »

:rofl_2:

When you was ripping my guy! Johnny Mac, you said that sheite wouldn't fly in your/my neck of the woods, and attitude modification would surely follow (not your words).

NH? Really? That boast would be more credible had you hailed from RI  :rofl_2: :hysterical: 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 10:39:16 AM by Babblelot »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 12:21:19 PM »

When you was ripping my guy! Johnny Mac, you said that sheite wouldn't fly in your/my neck of the woods, and attitude modification would surely follow (not your words).

NH? Really? That boast would be more credible had you hailed from RI  :rofl_2: :hysterical: 
I didn't know there were woods in RI?!?!?
JMAC is a spoiled tennis brat and wouldn't survive with his turdbrain attitude in the woods of NH or the southside of the Windy City and I think you know that. ;-()
btw I love RI! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 01:34:55 PM »
Well, you did mention you travel to New England for tourney play.  So if you ever get close to southwest NH just give a shout. :)  I also spend some time in the summer down by the Hall of Fame in Newport, RI and even had the good fortune to hit there once.

Good fortune? GOOD fortune?????  :;:-|
Those courts are the pits. Just ask any of the guys who have to actually play matches on them.

An ambition fulfilled

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 02:21:48 PM »

JMAC is a spoiled tennis brat and wouldn't survive with his turdbrain attitude in the woods of NH or the southside of the Windy City and I think you know that. ;-()

Providence or Portsmouth...  :Confused:  I think we both know who'd kick who's ass   :rofl_2:  And... Johnny Mac did grow up in Queens, NY... after all.   ;-()

Hey trucker!, I absolutely love Portsmouth. One of my ex's was born there, and I had the supreme pleasure of spending an afternoon your quaint, maritime city. My favorite part of the visit was the cemetary. It was really impressive to see Cap'n  b. 1620 d. 1653. Lot's of Captains, lots of early graves. Portsmouth reminds me a lot of Sausalito in Marin County, CA but with all the history.

FWIW, I grew up in the SF Bay Area... and was a f'ing a-hole; the only attitude adjument I received was from "life" itself.   :rofl_2:  Glad I turned out O.K. in the end. 

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 06:06:05 PM »
I actually liked the courts at the hall of fame.  I played grass court championship's there last year.  Got beat down pretty good, but it was a fun time regardless.

I will be up that way for that tournament again this year on labor day weekend.  Maybe some people can meet up and have some fun :)
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 06:30:22 PM »
I actually liked the courts at the hall of fame.  I played grass court championship's there last year.  Got beat down pretty good, but it was a fun time regardless.

I will be up that way for that tournament again this year on labor day weekend.  Maybe some people can meet up and have some fun :)

I should be there, but the tournament isn't labor day weekend, it's the weekend after Wimbledon (unless the Olympics have pushed it back).

An ambition fulfilled

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 06:32:23 PM »
The HoF Championships at Newport is played July 7-13, 2008.

Michael Chang is the inductee this year.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 06:33:09 PM by dmastous »

An ambition fulfilled

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 09:37:10 PM »
I should have clarified, i'm sorry.  I meant the usta grass court championships.  I will be there to play, haha.  I wish I could make it up for that though.  Michael Chang is one (if not the) of my all time favorites
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 09:58:07 AM »

Providence or Portsmouth...  :Confused:  I think we both know who'd kick who's ass   :rofl_2:  And... Johnny Mac did grow up in Queens, NY... after all.   ;-()

Hey trucker!, I absolutely love Portsmouth. One of my ex's was born there, and I had the supreme pleasure of spending an afternoon your quaint, maritime city. My favorite part of the visit was the cemetary. It was really impressive to see Cap'n  b. 1620 d. 1653. Lot's of Captains, lots of early graves. Portsmouth reminds me a lot of Sausalito in Marin County, CA but with all the history.

FWIW, I grew up in the SF Bay Area... and was a f'ing a-hole; the only attitude adjument I received was from "life" itself.   :rofl_2:  Glad I turned out O.K. in the end. 
I spent 6mos. in ValleyJo and thoroughly enjoyed it except for the constant sunshine.  How boring!!! ;-()  I'm glad you turned out aweright too! ;-()
Funny that Portsmouth reminds you of Sausalito....care to elaborate?  I thought Sausalito was waaaay prettier, though I love the history of Portsmouth.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 09:59:08 AM »

Good fortune? GOOD fortune?????  :;:-|
Those courts are the pits. Just ask any of the guys who have to actually play matches on them.
Cut me some slack here 'D', it was my first and only time playing on grass!!!  I thought it was fun. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 07:42:20 PM »

I spent 6mos. in ValleyJo and thoroughly enjoyed it except for the constant sunshine.  How boring!!! ;-()  I'm glad you turned out aweright too! ;-()
Funny that Portsmouth reminds you of Sausalito....care to elaborate?  I thought Sausalito was waaaay prettier, though I love the history of Portsmouth.

Only that they are quaint, quiet and picturesque seaside cities. I think Moro Bay might be a better comparison with the fishing boats. Heck, the Harba' where I growd up--Pillar Point--makes a nice home for those inclined to a sea faring life.

http://www.visithalfmoonbay.org/exploring/half-moon-bay-fishing.html

But for me, the history is the hook. That's why I'm drawn east and to the regions of my ancestry   ;-()

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »

Here is an idea!  Come to Columbus/Cincy this Summer for the T4U gathering where we get together and play tennis, eat good food, and go watch the pros in Cincy.   Babble said he would give you more details if you need!