Author Topic: Hatton-Mayweather part two!!!  (Read 870 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Hatton-Mayweather part two!!!
« on: March 27, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »
Hatton-Mayweather part two
'Pretty Boy' to put his undefeated record on the line again

Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather look set to renew their rivalry at Wembley in Spring 2009.

The American, who is set to take on the Big Show at WrestleMania XXIV on Sunday night, is set for a rematch against 'The Golden Boy' Oscar de la Hoya first in September.

If the two US fighters meet and Mayweather emerges victorious then a showdown with Hatton could be on the cards.

Hatton is due to fight Mexican Juan Lazcano in Manchester on 24th May but a rematch with the Pretty Boy is being lined up in England next year.

Mayeather brought an end to the 'Hitman's' undefeated record in Las Vegas at the turn of the year, but Hatton was fighting at welterweight rather than light-welter which suits his stature better.

Plans

And Richard Schaefer, the chief executive of Golden Boy promotions, has revealed that discussions over luring Mayweather to London have already begun.

"It's very likely that Floyd will come over next spring. Floyd and his manager Al Hayman are very serious about it," said Schaefer.

"The first fight was great and while Floyd would have to get past Oscar first, he knows that Ricky has talked about the referee.

"He wants to show that he will repeat what happened the first time. That's his motivation.

"Floyd realises that Hatton is the most beloved fighter in the world and for him to come over to Wembley Stadium is making history.

"For Ricky it's about challenges and it's the same for Floyd. Fighting in front of 100,000 fans would be huge motivation for Floyd."
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Re: Hatton-Mayweather part two!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 05:55:45 AM »
So Mayweather wrestles too? Weird.

You'll never believe this, but on the 23rd December, one of my best friends were on holiday, they live quite near me, and they told us that their next door neighbour was Ricky Hatton's fiancees mum. So, 2 days before Christmas, Hatton and fiancee went next door to one of my best friends!

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 09:08:23 AM »

You'll never believe this, but on the 23rd December, one of my best friends were on holiday, they live quite near me, and they told us that their next door neighbour was Ricky Hatton's fiancees mum. So, 2 days before Christmas, Hatton and fiancee went next door to one of my best friends!

He doesn't wrestle, unless it's with his kids (if he has one). It's just another step down the road for complete loss of respectability for boxing. On second thought, boxing is already level with wrestling in that area, so why not?
Mayweather is going to get in the ring with some 7 foot wrestling giant called Big News or something like that. Just a promotional thing.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 09:36:37 AM »

He doesn't wrestle, unless it's with his kids (if he has one). It's just another step down the road for complete loss of respectability for boxing. On second thought, boxing is already level with wrestling in that area, so why not?
Mayweather is going to get in the ring with some 7 foot wrestling giant called Big News or something like that. Just a promotional thing.

I used to follow wrestling and the Big Show, but I'm no longer interested.