Author Topic: Let's get SPECIFIC about grip.  (Read 2003 times)

Love2AceYou

Let's get SPECIFIC about grip.
« on: March 29, 2008, 02:53:02 PM »
Analyzing what FINGER is the tightest on each stroke.

serve: my middle, ring, and index finger are tight

forehand: my middle and ring finger

backhand: my middle and ring finger

volley: my pinky is the tightest

Love2AceYou

Re: Let's get SPECIFIC about grip.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 12:24:00 AM »

On a side note I lost 5lbs!!!! I've been lifting, running and training hard for SUMMER TENNIS!!! My goal is to weigh 195 by the end of April :) I am on the eliptical everyday for an hour and am eating high protein/low carb diet. Easter marked a new beginning for me and I plan on accomplishing my goal. Also, I plan on finding a job cuz I graduate in a couple months!!! Oh how wonderfull life is.

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 06:44:34 AM »

On a side note I lost 5lbs!!!! I've been lifting, running and training hard for SUMMER TENNIS!!! My goal is to weigh 195 by the end of April :) I am on the eliptical everyday for an hour and am eating high protein/low carb diet. Easter marked a new beginning for me and I plan on accomplishing my goal. Also, I plan on finding a job cuz I graduate in a couple months!!! Oh how wonderfull life is.

that great dude
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »
good job on losing weight. I am not exactly losing weight but I have been trying to stay below 150, which is probbaly not happening because I am like between 150-155. I'll work on it.

Your finger thing is too ... too specific, I don't even know if any one of my fingers are tight on specific shots. Like I am sure they are ... but which finger and all that, that's crazy. How does it help you, like knowing which finger is tightest, does that help you?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 11:05:54 AM »
good job on losing weight. I am not exactly losing weight but I have been trying to stay below 150, which is probbaly not happening because I am like between 150-155. I'll work on it.

Your finger thing is too ... too specific, I don't even know if any one of my fingers are tight on specific shots. Like I am sure they are ... but which finger and all that, that's crazy. How does it help you, like knowing which finger is tightest, does that help you?

I don't think it really matters which finger is applying more pressure. I do think it matters that the index finger is separate and pointed slighty up the shaft of the racquet.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Love2AceYou

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 11:15:56 AM »

I don't think it really matters which finger is applying more pressure. I do think it matters that the index finger is separate and pointed slighty up the shaft of the racquet.

Please pay attention to it next time you play and give me some feedback, that's all i ask :)

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
grip: as loose as possible without having my racket fly into the cheap seats
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »

You actually want to be thinner? How tall are you?
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »

You actually want to be thinner? How tall are you?

The thing is.. If I don't start taking care and disciplining myself from now, a few years from now I will almost surely...Have you ever seen that comic, it's a single box maybe I saw it in a reader's digest or something. But the strip is funny in that its a picture of a fat guy sitting on a couch eating chips watching TV and its all messy around him and he's saying "I'll never be like my dad". and in the background on a photo frame is a picture of the exact same scene, except the man in that picture is the dad  :rofl_2:
I thought it was very funny  :rofl_2:
so what was I saying? Oh yeah, in general I am unfortunately not the kinda guy who can do whatever I want live however I want and not put on any weight or get out of shape. This may not show up now as I am still young and fit but in the long run I am afraid. Watching the weight is just one method to keep myself from falling into the "oh I'm still young, healthy and fit" trap and regretting later when I am like 30.
I am not exactly a thin fellow, I have plenty of muscle and fat on me - the latter of which I want to get rid of. you can say I have an average body type and I don't mind that, its just I don't want to get worse.
I'm 5'10'' by the way, so I don't necessarily have the height to 'hide' anything if I get too out of shape.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 06:17:44 PM »
Oh so anyway, on topic. while I was playing today I tried to observe the finger business. And honestly I couldn't tell much of a difference. My grip is pretty loose when I am not hitting but at contact time I have a solid grip with my whole hand, I really couldn't tell if one particular finger was tigther at any particular shot.  :confused1:

Love2AceYou

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 10:47:39 PM »

Please pay attention to it next time you play and give me some feedback, that's all i ask :)

My weigh in for the start of WEEK 2 personal fitness challenge!

Weight: 208lbs

This week I plan on waking up each morning and running for atleast 1 hour! Target weigh in is 190lb!! Here I go go go go