Instructional Tennis > Tennis Equipment & Apparel

What shoes do you wear?

<< < (2/15) > >>

CTDeuce:
I doubt i'll ever pay this much for shoes again...so I have to enjoy it while I have it, haha

thejackal:
asics make good shoes.  right now i wear reebok match day pumps (roddick's shoe in 04-05) for practice and fila torneo IIs for matches.  the torneos are pretty much done but they're light and so much less clunky than the reeboks.  the pump is a nice shoe but a bit too much for when i really need to haul ass around the court.

dmastous:

--- Quote from: thejackal on April 03, 2008, 11:22:21 PM ---asics make good shoes.  right now i wear reebok match day pumps (roddick's shoe in 04-05) for practice and fila torneo IIs for matches.  the torneos are pretty much done but they're light and so much less clunky than the reeboks.  the pump is a nice shoe but a bit too much for when i really need to haul ass around the court.

--- End quote ---

I attended a practice way back when where the coach had us wear 5 and 10 lb weights. But I never really thought about wearing heavy shoes during practice. I like it. :king:

CTDeuce:
I never thought to do that either.  I might have to go buy a heavy pair of tennis shoes just to wear at practice to see if it makes me any lighter on my feet during matches.  Good suggestion!

monstertruck:
I wear New Balance 1002. 

A great shoe for $70!  I like the wide toe box and they feel light compared to the other NB models.  Also, the heel is a bit higher than some of the other models, which seems to get my weight forward a tad.  Overall, I think they're a great shoe.

Would love to try the Adidas Barricaide, but I'm sure they're not wide enough to accomodate my fatarse feet. :mad1:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version