Author Topic: What shoes do you wear?  (Read 16784 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: What shoes do you wear?
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »
I've got these ones, for clay only (Trance Rally II):

It's really comfortable, and light.

I have never seen those before, they look bad-ice!   :)>>>>

Unfortuanltly, if they are for clay, they would get chewed up pretty quickly on hard courts.

All shoes that I have ever worn get chewed up pretty quickly on hard courts!  Well, I guess we should better define "quickly"!    But, I know what you were saying! 

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 06:19:07 PM »
Same here, no shoe survives me for very long.  My first time out with my new shoes I just got I already snapped the threads at the top of the toes...  Yeah!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »
Finally broke down and splurged on a pair of shoes.

Most expensive pair of tennis shoes I've ever bought. But they did feel nice. They have extremely good lateral support. Feels kind of wierd at first, but once you get used to them it's not as noticable.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2008, 12:46:35 AM »
What are those?  The only Wilson's i've ever used were cheap so I didn't care for them much.  I tried out those Nike vapor speed's.  They would be amazing if I didn't have a fat foot!  They hurt my feet too bad to wear.  The asics are still my shoe of choice.
Millenium Sport Technologies Representative
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
x2 Head Liquidmetal Radical @ 60lbs w/ Luxillon ALU power rough
------------

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2008, 01:03:03 AM »
What are those?  The only Wilson's i've ever used were cheap so I didn't care for them much.  I tried out those Nike vapor speed's.  They would be amazing if I didn't have a fat foot!  They hurt my feet too bad to wear.  The asics are still my shoe of choice.

Back when I was teaching we had a Wilson contract and we used the original Pro Staff shoes with the Goodyear 500 rubber (no kidding). They were uncomfortable as heck, and had little or no arch support. In fact Wilson, for a long time, had a rep as having poor arch support. I've stayed away from their shoes since then for that reason.
These shoes, they are called Trance All Court, have a very soft insole, and plenty of arch support for my flat feet. Big change for the better.
The guy who sold them said the old Pro Staff model is now made by K-Swiss. ( :Confused: :dunno:)

An ambition fulfilled

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2008, 03:33:40 AM »
Let me know how you like them.  I'm thinking of getting some NB's because they would help with the width of my foot (they offer their shoe's in wide) but those look mighty comfortable also!
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2008, 03:56:17 AM »
Let me know how you like them.  I'm thinking of getting some NB's because they would help with the width of my foot (they offer their shoe's in wide) but those look mighty comfortable also!

I don't want to turn you off something you might like. But I've been wearing various New Balance shoes for a few years. I've tried a few different ones, but none have hit the spot like these Wilsons have (so far).
New Balance is headquarted very close by, and there is a factory store about 20 minutes from me. One of the guys here at work is married to someone who works there. The deal is we go to the factory store, pick out a shoe, and size then come back to him with what we want, and he gets if for us dirt cheap. The factory store is already heavily discounted and we get another 35% off that price. So my shoes have typically cost about $25 or $35.
But nothing I've tried has been as comfortable and supportive as these.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2008, 04:50:06 AM »

I don't want to turn you off something you might like. But I've been wearing various New Balance shoes for a few years. I've tried a few different ones, but none have hit the spot like these Wilsons have (so far).
New Balance is headquarted very close by, and there is a factory store about 20 minutes from me. One of the guys here at work is married to someone who works there. The deal is we go to the factory store, pick out a shoe, and size then come back to him with what we want, and he gets if for us dirt cheap. The factory store is already heavily discounted and we get another 35% off that price. So my shoes have typically cost about $25 or $35.
But nothing I've tried has been as comfortable and supportive as these.

Well first of all as far as pricing goes, i'm supremely jealous.  They have 2 models that I wanted to try out which one is cheaper than those wilson's and the other is more expensive.  I have always loved NB cross trainers and runners so I figured I should try their tennis shoe as well.  The original ZIP's are my 2nd favorite cross trainer of all time!  I am going to burn out my Asics Resolutions pretty good before I get another shoe anyway....just looking for ideas now.  I dig the resolutions but they are a bit narrow for my fatty foot also.  Those Nike's are un-barably narrow for my foot.  I wish they weren't....I love how they look. 
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »
Thats odd to hear.  Usually nike and durability don't hold place in the same sentence.

Indeed, these are doing great so far though. Well see how they last after playing intensively.
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2008, 02:09:43 AM »
I am still saying the best pair i've ever worn all around are the asics gel resolutions.
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline DavydenkoFan

• New Poster
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2008, 08:25:44 AM »
Babolat all court, I used to have Barricades.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 06:48:47 AM »
just spent 1 1/2 weeks playing with wilson tour shoes.  personally i find them very nice - light, breathable with a wide forefoot and soft uppers.  they will be my go-to match shoes from now on with the pumps getting shifted to practice duty.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 08:22:21 AM »

Adidas Climacool Feather II or III. I play on clay, 4 times a week and they last me 8-10 months approximately.
Very light shoes and highly ventilated.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2008, 08:40:13 AM »

Adidas Climacool Feather II or III. I play on clay, 4 times a week and they last me 8-10 months approximately.
Very light shoes and highly ventilated.

You're on clay much of that time aren't you?

An ambition fulfilled

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2008, 08:50:12 AM »

Right, I play 98% of my time on clay (the way the sport is down here). I am a light guy also (67Kg which must be like 140 lbs) which contribute to the shoes lasting.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2008, 08:54:07 AM »

Right, I play 98% of my time on clay (the way the sport is down here). I am a light guy also (67Kg which must be like 140 lbs) which contribute to the shoes lasting.

Hard courts would cut those shoe's lifespan in half at least. I've done some Google Earth tours of Buenos Aries, and I've seen the incredible number of beautiful red clay courts dotting the coast line, and all over. It makes me wish I had a chance to visit.  ://

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 10:29:48 AM »

Pfft, don't be so sure.  I am around 140 and I tear through shoes quicker than anyone I know.  But I am on hardcourt.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »

Pfft, don't be so sure.  I am around 140 and I tear through shoes quicker than anyone I know.  But I am on hardcourt.

You are a serial shoe killer. You should be locked up.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:33:22 AM by dmastous »

An ambition fulfilled

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
i'm currently wearing barricade IIs and i love them. If i can save up i might try the new version, but for now these are extremely comfortable and last me a long time in comparison to other shoes i've worn. I play on hardcourt btw...

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 11:22:24 AM »

It has to be close between us!?