Author Topic: MLB "schedule"  (Read 1131 times)

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
MLB "schedule"
« on: April 02, 2008, 06:57:20 PM »
Does it seem like MLB has an even stranger schedule than last year?

First the Red Sox and A's go to Japan to play 2 regular season games.  O.K. fine.  Then the Red Sox return to America and play the Dodgers in another pre-season game AFTER their season started?

The Braves have a ONE GAME series against the expos to start the season.  Then they go to Atlanta and play ONE game against the pirates.  Then they have an off-day and now they're in Pittsburgh playing the pirates for two more games!

I think every year the schedule makes less and less sense.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: MLB "schedule"
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »

First the Red Sox and A's go to Japan to play 2 regular season games.  O.K. fine.  Then the Red Sox return to America and play the Dodgers in another pre-season game AFTER their season started?

The Braves have a ONE GAME series against the expos to start the season.  Then they go to Atlanta and play ONE game against the pirates.  Then they have an off-day and now they're in Pittsburgh playing the pirates for two more games!

The Red Sox scheduling thing had to do with the players having to make the trip to Japan, and what it took out of both teams. To be fair they had the opening games, then came back got a week to rest, and recover then start the season finishing the series in Oakland.
I don't know why the Braves are playing one team at a time like that.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »
Well, that makes sense for the Red Sox and A's to get some time off after going to Japan.  What still strikes me as odd though was that the Red Sox played an exhibition game.  Maybe it was all minor leaguers, idk.

And I think the Brave's schedule is messed up b/c MLB is nuts :).

The Red Sox scheduling thing had to do with the players having to make the trip to Japan, and what it took out of both teams. To be fair they had the opening games, then came back got a week to rest, and recover then start the season finishing the series in Oakland.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 07:44:07 PM »
Well, that makes sense for the Red Sox and A's to get some time off after going to Japan.  What still strikes me as odd though was that the Red Sox played an exhibition game.  Maybe it was all minor leaguers, idk.

It did give MLB to have the Sox on the west coast and play a game at the LA Colessum with 115,000 paid attendance.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
Good point, but do we really have to use logic to spoil my rant :rofl_2:?

It did give MLB to have the Sox on the west coast and play a game at the LA Colessum with 115,000 paid attendance.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:54:59 PM by DrJ105 »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 08:01:04 PM »
Rant away. And use liberal doses of :ranting: and :cursing:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 08:06:38 PM »
ah, merci beacoup

Now my rant has to turn towards my Braves who are in the process of blowing a 3 run lead :ranting: :cursing: :ranting:

Rant away. And use liberal doses of :ranting: and :cursing:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »
Nothing can be stranger than the Indians snowed out week of scheduled baseball that happened last year!? 

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 11:20:39 AM »
Yep, they definitely got dealt a bad hand there.  At least that was due to weather and not to weird scheduling.

Nothing can be stranger than the Indians snowed out week of scheduled baseball that happened last year!?