Author Topic: Armed bank robbery  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Armed bank robbery
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »
We were having ice-cream in town and we kept seeing Police cars driving by us, which we took in our stride. Later, when me and my dad went back to get ready for tennis my mum and sister went further to the library, and saw 5 police cars outside the bank. They spoke to the dentist and discovered that 5 men with knives had gone into the bank, and I was shocked to not find this on the news.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: Armed bank robbery
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 01:34:42 PM »
We were having ice-cream in town and we kept seeing Police cars driving by us, which we took in our stride. Later, when me and my dad went back to get ready for tennis my mum and sister went further to the library, and saw 5 police cars outside the bank. They spoke to the dentist and discovered that 5 men with knives had gone into the bank, and I was shocked to not find this on the news.

What bank was this at Murrayfan?
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 01:36:33 PM »

The Royal Bank of Scotland Sandbach.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »

Absolutely shocking to hear of this- made even worse by there being 5 of them- that must have been a trully terrifying experience and one that will stay with all involved for the rest of their lives. I really hope nobody was hurt, do you know if there was or not? also did they get away with much money do you know?

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 01:42:07 PM »

Absolutely shocking to hear of this- made even worse by there being 5 of them- that must have been a trully terrifying experience and one that will stay with all involved for the rest of their lives. I really hope nobody was hurt, do you know if there was or not? also did they get away with much money do you know?

I'm not sure actually, but as with all banks, there was a window protecting most things.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »

I'm not sure actually, but as with all banks, there was a window protecting most things.

Know all about that window, but there's still a lot of staff the wrong side of that secured area, so at real risk, and your told to give them the money from the top drawer if they've got a knife as if not your colleagues are at risk, as are customers in the building. I do hope everybody was okay there though. When I first read it and knowing your not far from Crewe I worried that it could have been my company as there's a copuple of people in the Crewe branch that I know.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »
Latest news:

I read the Guardian of our local area and the robbery was the front page story. Apparently it happened at about 2:35pm, which is just after we left to go to the ice-cream place. They havent yet been caught, and got away in a silver Golf which was found on a road near the back, abandoned.
The interesting thing is, as we were walking down the main road, my dad, oblivious to the robbery, noticed a car speeding over a kerb cutting a corner, right past a waiting car. On recall, my dad now thinks that that car was infact a silver VW Golf of that description, so we may've seen the robbers.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
Oh yes, and before I forget, I think it's important to say that no-one was hurt, just very shaken after the incident.