Poll

Year end #1 for 2008- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?

Novak Djokovic
6 (33.3%)
Rafael Nadal
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 20, 2008, 05:07:13 PM

Author Topic: Year end #1 for men- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?  (Read 10427 times)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Year end #1 for men- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?
« on: April 06, 2008, 06:07:13 PM »
With Roger Federer clearly washed up tennis waits to see who will take on the vacant position as World #1.   The question is who will hold that position at the end of the year.   It seems to be a 2-man race between Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.   Who will emerge on top when the dust settles and be the 2008 year end #1?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Year end #1 for men- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »
No "other" as an option? :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:14:32 PM »
:rofl_2: I know, I can't believe Kittens wrote off Roger already.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:16:37 PM »

I have a poll for the others and I am working on it now.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 06:17:58 PM »

I want to bring this up to kittens at the end of the year when Roger is still alive and kicking... :\

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:18:10 PM »

I have a poll for the others and I am working on it now.
This is too funny. Kittens you are killing me  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »
I was looking for Davydenko!!

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »
ditto! Gotta vote for Federer.

I want to bring this up to kittens at the end of the year when Roger is still alive and kicking... :\

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 08:21:23 PM »
Kittens made another poll (year end #3, you can find Davydenko there)  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 09:25:01 PM »

And I was thinking Monfils :dunno:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 09:28:02 PM »

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 10:08:07 PM »

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »
No love for Rafa yet here.  hungingyou or hercules you have to get in here pronto.   :rofl_2:

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 10:14:08 PM »

I think Fed will get better as the season goes on. I think he will maintain his ranking.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 10:24:25 PM »
ok, so without having to vote and disrupt "true beliefs" I want to know the results of the poll. why can't we have a "just show me the results choice there"?? please?

if not.. i dunno. I refuse to vote cuz its plain ridiculous. Nadal and Djokovic can both go away, just because they have had a decent first two months and Fed has had a "horrible" first two months means nothing, the situations could very well reverse in another month.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 10:30:14 PM »
ok, so without having to vote and disrupt "true beliefs" I want to know the results of the poll. why can't we have a "just show me the results choice there"?? please?

if not.. i dunno. I refuse to vote cuz its plain ridiculous. Nadal and Djokovic can both go away, just because they have had a decent first two months and Fed has had a "horrible" first two months means nothing, the situations could very well reverse in another month.

I'm with you.  I refuse to vote on just those two options so I don't know how it's going so far.  I still think Roger is the answer but since kittens refused to put his name on this poll, I refuses to vote! :)~

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 10:38:12 PM »

I'm with you.  I refuse to vote on just those two options so I don't know how it's going so far.  I still think Roger is the answer but since kittens refused to put his name on this poll, I refuses to vote! :)~

I have no problem thinking that Djokovic could take over #1 this year. But it's no slam dunk, and I don't think Nadal is the guy who will be battling for that spot. Though he will be in the mix. So far it's Djokovic by a landslide 4-0. But it's early.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 10:39:48 PM »

I have no problem thinking that Djokovic could take over #1 this year. But it's no slam dunk, and I don't think Nadal is the guy who will be battling for that spot. Though he will be in the mix. So far it's Djokovic by a landslide 4-0. But it's early.

thanks for the update Dmast! :))

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 10:47:37 PM »

thanks for the update Dmast! :))

Anytime. :spot on:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 10:59:42 PM »

Exactly. And the thing is, its a serious and interesting topic as well, I can very well see it being a close poll even with Roger in the mix. It's rather obnoxious to do something like this  :\ come on Kittens, please put Roger on there and make it a fair poll if you really want to see results that hold true value.  :))