Poll

Year end #1 for 2008- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?

Novak Djokovic
6 (33.3%)
Rafael Nadal
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 20, 2008, 05:07:13 PM

Author Topic: Year end #1 for men- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?  (Read 10862 times)

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
Re: Year end #1 for men- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 08:01:08 AM »
ok, so without having to vote and disrupt "true beliefs" I want to know the results of the poll. why can't we have a "just show me the results choice there"?? please?

if not.. i dunno. I refuse to vote cuz its plain ridiculous. Nadal and Djokovic can both go away, just because they have had a decent first two months and Fed has had a "horrible" first two months means nothing, the situations could very well reverse in another month.

I'm with you.  I refuse to vote on just those two options so I don't know how it's going so far.  I still think Roger is the answer but since kittens refused to put his name on this poll, I refuses to vote! :)~

Exactly. And the thing is, its a serious and interesting topic as well, I can very well see it being a close poll even with Roger in the mix. It's rather obnoxious to do something like this  :\ come on Kittens, please put Roger on there and make it a fair poll if you really want to see results that hold true value.  :))
well it's 5-0 to djokovic right now (i voted based only on those two but i think federer will still probably no. 1 at the end of this year. Next year i dont know...)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 10:12:08 AM »
I'm surprised to see that I'm the first to vote Nadal!!!
I feel Nadal is still to reach his prime, and could still gain points in the rankings, whereas Djokovic is vulnerable as he has quite a lot of points to defend from last years run.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »
Looking forward to rubbing kittens' face in this at the end of the year  :whistle:

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 01:10:12 PM »
Looking forward to rubbing kittens' face in this at the end of the year  :whistle:

Too bad you dont even know which of Nadal or Djokovic I voted for.   :whistle:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 01:15:34 PM »

Unless you've only just vote, you've gone Nadal, as Nole has been leading 5-0 until I voted, and it's now 5-2.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 02:49:40 PM »

Unless you've only just vote, you've gone Nadal, as Nole has been leading 5-0 until I voted, and it's now 5-2.

You have no idea when I voted though.  I could have voted when the poll first came out or I could have waited until today.   Either way there is no telling which of Nadal or Djokovic I voted for, and I am certainly not going to tell, so there will be nothing to "rub in my face" either way as kickserve implies.   

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 02:52:36 PM »

You have no idea when I voted though.  I could have voted when the poll first came out or I could have waited until today.   Either way there is no telling which of Nadal or Djokovic I voted for, and I am certainly not going to tell, so there will be nothing to "rub in my face" either way as kickserve implies.   

Unless, of course, a certain Swiss bloke finishes up #1  :whistle:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 03:08:22 PM »

Wawrinka?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 03:10:22 PM »

Wawrinka?

No, I was thinking for along the lines of Stephane Bohli or Marco Chiudinelli  :whistle:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 03:11:25 PM »

Wawrinka?

No, I was thinking for along the lines of Stephane Bohli or Marco Chiudinelli  :whistle:
Thanks for clarifying that  :))

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »
Wawrinka?

I could have included him as an option along with Federer et al in my year end #3 poll.   :)~   

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »

Wawrinka?

I thought you were talking about Marc Rossett... :whistle: :rofl_2:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 10:02:26 AM »

Wawrinka?

I thought you were talking about Marc Rossett... :whistle: :rofl_2:

Oh? Well I wouldve thought that it was Roger Federer...? :)~

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 11:52:33 AM »
I have reset it so everyone can see the votes.   

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 09:41:51 PM »
At this point:

Nadal 710 points
Djokovic 611 points

Nadal leads his rival for the year end #1 by 99 points but clay court season is done.   Djokovic is generally considered the superior hard court player and everything after Wimbledon is some form of hard court event.   Nonethless Djokovic sometimes is prone to horrible 1st match (1st or 2nd round depending on the draw format) losses in some events due largely to battle fatigue or saving himself.   Whomever does better at Wimbledon could determine which of the two ends the year ranked #1.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 10:25:56 AM »
At this point:

Nadal 710 points
Djokovic 611 points

Nadal leads his rival for the year end #1 by 99 points but clay court season is done.   Djokovic is generally considered the superior hard court player and everything after Wimbledon is some form of hard court event.   Nonethless Djokovic sometimes is prone to horrible 1st match (1st or 2nd round depending on the draw format) losses in some events due largely to battle fatigue or saving himself.   Whomever does better at Wimbledon could determine which of the two ends the year ranked #1.

:ZZZZZ)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »
At this point:

Nadal 710 points
Djokovic 611 points

:ZZZZZ)

Wow that bored and you took the time to read it and comment on it.   Strange.    :innocent:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 03:35:38 PM by kittens25 »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 06:54:11 PM »
No love for Rafa yet here.  hungingyou or hercules you have to get in here pronto.   :rofl_2:

Federereeeesians rule this forum Kittens. we cant say a word without the Federereeeesians coming after us swinging blindly.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 02:29:42 AM »
No love for Rafa yet here.  hungingyou or hercules you have to get in here pronto.   :rofl_2:

Federereeeesians rule this forum Kittens. we cant say a word without the Federereeeesians coming after us swinging blindly.

Really? That's actually big news to me!!! I can only think of 1 or maybe 2 Fed fans that will fight until death for their guy or against Nadal, whereas there's about 4 or 5 of them that'll do that for Nadal.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 02:12:43 PM »
There is no more fighting until death for Fed because he is getting OWN by both Rafa and Novak.

Comments like "Rafa has no much talent".....or "Rafa will never win a GS on hardcourts" or "Grass is now green clay" or "Rafa will break down SOON" or "Rafa uses gamemanship" or "Rafa can't play on HC" or blah, blah..............merits my time; I enjoy educating ignorants and haters.........and Rafa has more haters around the world than Roger!

Can Roger take over the #1 spot this year? If Rafa and Novak get swallow by a black hole......then yes he can!