Poll

Year end #1 for 2008- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?

Novak Djokovic
6 (33.3%)
Rafael Nadal
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 20, 2008, 05:07:13 PM

Author Topic: Year end #1 for men- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?  (Read 11092 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Year end #1 for men- Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal?
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 05:53:18 PM »
There is no more fighting until death for Fed because he is getting OWN by both Rafa and Novak.

Comments like "Rafa has no much talent".....or "Rafa will never win a GS on hardcourts" or "Grass is now green clay" or "Rafa will break down SOON" or "Rafa uses gamemanship" or "Rafa can't play on HC" or blah, blah..............merits my time; I enjoy educating ignorants and haters.........and Rafa has more haters around the world than Roger!
Can Roger take over the #1 spot this year? If Rafa and Novak get swallow by a black hole......then yes he can!

Do you really think that?  Hate is a strong word.  I think both players have fans around the world.  Maybe Roger has more because he's been on the circuit longer...but I don't think the word "haters" is accurate.  But if you think he has more haters around the world than Roger, at least that's not the case here on this forum. ;-()

Offline miticfam

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 06:57:56 PM »
There is no more fighting until death for Fed because he is getting OWN by both Rafa and Novak.

Comments like "Rafa has no much talent".....or "Rafa will never win a GS on hardcourts" or "Grass is now green clay" or "Rafa will break down SOON" or "Rafa uses gamemanship" or "Rafa can't play on HC" or blah, blah..............merits my time; I enjoy educating ignorants and haters.........and Rafa has more haters around the world than Roger!

Can Roger take over the #1 spot this year? If Rafa and Novak get swallow by a black hole......then yes he can!

They are not haters, they're just blinded with love to some other player and they only wish that, but there is a lot of truth in those statemants, like for grass, I'm not saying that Rafa is wining because of that, he is winning because of his hard work and agressive play, but grass is slower than past couple of years. Next for the HC's, Rafa is a solid player on HC, but there are so many other players who are good on HC, with Djoker and Fed in first place. I don't think that Rafa can do something on HC this year, but he can surely do in next couple of years, and I'm not a HATER!

FEDERER THE GOAT, 16 GSs, Career Slam, 21 GS finals, 23! consecutive GS SFs
My favs: Federer, Djokovic, DelPotro, Haas, Ana, Henin:)

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 07:05:36 PM »

They are not haters, they're just blinded with love to some other player and they only wish that, but there is a lot of truth in those statemants, like for grass, I'm not saying that Rafa is wining because of that, he is winning because of his hard work and agressive play, but grass is slower than past couple of years. Next for the HC's, Rafa is a solid player on HC, but there are so many other players who are good on HC, with Djoker and Fed in first place. I don't think that Rafa can do something on HC this year, but he can surely do in next couple of years, and I'm not a HATER!

I never called you a hater and with such a beautiful girl in your avatar you shouldn't argue on this forums because you will always win. I love Ana, she has everything and I mean tennis and personality TOO!.

If you go to MTF for example....you can see people who actually dislike Nadal with such passion.

What I have seen in this forum from FEW posters taking credit away from Nadal was pure DISLIKE......people like MT for example have a clear biased towards the kid among others that I don't want to mention.

Grass is slower than the 90s but is not slower that past couple of years.......but because people in this forum have told you so you believe it!

Anyways....HC is coming and I'm expecting great things from Rafa...I really don't care for results now but what TYPE of game he plays. I prefer for him to play agressive tennis and lose in the QF than play 12 feet behind the baseline and make the SF. SO will see what happens there.

So far, Roger is still the favorite for the UO followed by Novak!

Offline miticfam

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2008, 07:12:42 PM »

I never called you a hater and with such a beautiful girl in your avatar you shouldn't argue on this forums because you will always win. I love Ana, she has everything and I mean tennis and personality TOO!.

If you go to MTF for example....you can see people who actually dislike Nadal with such passion.

What I have seen in this forum from FEW posters taking credit away from Nadal was pure DISLIKE......people like MT for example have a clear biased towards the kid among others that I don't want to mention.

Grass is slower than the 90s but is not slower that past couple of years.......but because people in this forum have told you so you believe it!

Anyways....HC is coming and I'm expecting great things from Rafa...I really don't care for results now but what TYPE of game he plays. I prefer for him to play agressive tennis and lose in the QF than play 12 feet behind the baseline and make the SF. SO will see what happens there.

So far, Roger is still the favorite for the UO followed by Novak!

No,no,no! We didn't understand each other, I didin't say you called me a hater, and I wasn't arguing, well I shouldn't put those !, now everything would be OK. I think that grass is every year a little bit slower... I wish for Rafa to play good in UO, and make it to the semis, and I wish for Fed to stay #1 and win those 3GS and brake that bloody Pete's record, then Rafa can become new #1 :))
P.S. and then Djoker to become #1 :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 07:24:32 PM by miticfam »

FEDERER THE GOAT, 16 GSs, Career Slam, 21 GS finals, 23! consecutive GS SFs
My favs: Federer, Djokovic, DelPotro, Haas, Ana, Henin:)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 08:07:03 PM »
Nadal now has a 390 point lead on Djokovic in the ATP Race.   This battle is nearly over.