Murray
1 (7.7%)
Nalbandian
0 (0%)
Tsonga
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: November 20, 2008, 05:19:15 PM

Author Topic: Year end #3 for men for 2008- Federer, Ferrer, Davydenko, Roddick, other?  (Read 15673 times)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
With Djokovic and Nadal in a heated two-way battle for the mens year end #1 who will be the year end #3 for men this year.    The main contenders I see are Federer, Ferrer, Roddick, and Davydenko, but I also include an other option for the dark horse contenders.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
This is great. I can't stop laughing  :rofl_2:. Great job Kittens  :thumbs-up:

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
This is great. I can't stop laughing  :rofl_2:. Great job Kittens  :thumbs-up:

Thank you.   :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Well unless you (kittens) vote, I don't think Roger will get any votes.... :rofl_2:

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Interesting to see 3 votes for other.   Perhaps some combination of Berdych, Blake, Gasquet, Murray, have been getting more consideration then I realized they would.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Well my vote for other is actually not one of the youngsters or one mentioned, infact I think it could be either Djokovic or Nadal in the nuber 3 spot with Federer at 1 or 2.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Interesting to see 3 votes for other.   Perhaps some combination of Berdych, Blake, Gasquet, Murray, have been getting more consideration then I realized they would.

Well, seeing as 'other' includes Nole and Rafa...

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

:rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God

I said the same thing in the post above, kittens didnt specify that others couldnt be Nole or Rafa.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God

I said the same thing in the post above, kittens didnt specify that others couldnt be Nole or Rafa.

As it should be common sense to any normal functioning human being that the top two places are reserved for them, I should not have to specify it and that is my perspective.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God

As it should be common sense to any normal functioning human being that the top two places are reserved for them, I should not have to specify it and that is my perspective.

Well, seeming as Federer is still a great player, although his number 1 position might not be safe, I'm confident that he will remain in the top 2.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God

Well, seeming as Federer is still a great player......

I would suggest you watch some of his tennis from this year.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!

Well, seeming as Federer is still a great player, although his number 1 position might not be safe, I'm confident that he will remain in the top 2.

The problem MF11 is that you took this thread seriously!?   This was just a continuation of Kitty trying to start crap with people that like Fed by calling Fed a lousy player!   ..-)

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
This was most certainly intended to be a serious thread.   It is to both vote and discuss those men who realistically are vyeing for this years #3 ranking at years end.    It is too bad there was some bug repellent to keep the annoying termites such as the Buckfool out of my threads.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 06:30:08 PM by kittens25 »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
This was most certainly intended to be a serious thread.   It is to both vote and discuss those men who realistically are vyeing for this years #3 ranking at years end.    It is too bad there was some bug repellent to keep the annoying termites such as the Buckfool out of my threads.

Serious and leading. Had it been intended to be serious, you would have included both Djokovic and Nadal in your list. This is clearly a thread to point your your contention that Federer is about to fall off the map. That is not a serious poll, it's an attempt to justify your position.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God

Serious and leading. Had it been intended to be serious, you would have included both Djokovic and Nadal in your list. This is clearly a thread to point your your contention that Federer is about to fall off the map. That is not a serious poll, it's an attempt to justify your position.

I agree.  If it was a serious poll, you would have put more names on the poll and let the people actually vote.  As well as who would finish #1 - there would have been more names on the poll and the people could have had an absolute vote as to what they really think.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Djokovic and Nadal are overall by far the two best mens players in the world today.   To put them in a poll about the World #3 would thus be silly and pointless.    There is no need putting an excessive # of options that include options which make no sense and are unneccessary.   

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Djokovic and Nadal are overall by far the two best mens players in the world today.   To put them in a poll about the World #3 would thus be silly and pointless.    There is no need putting an excessive # of options that include options which make no sense and are unneccessary.   

:rofl_2:  Since you started the poll - you can do whatever you want. ;-()

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Nadal is a clear #2 in the current ATP Race with the only part of the season including his worst surface of the 3 major surfaces: hard courts.   He has not even set foot on his 2 best surfaces clay and grass, yet is still a clear #2 in the race.   Yet he should be in a poll about someone who would finish only #3?   ..-) :whistle:    Novak Djokovic is a clear #1 in the current ATP Race, last year performed well on all surfaces, and currently leads the #3 in the ATP Race by a whopping 140 points already.    Again so he should he be included in a poll about the year end #3 why exactly??   :whistle:

Since you seem insistent on comparing Federer to two men out of his league these days, rather then comparing him to his peers of tennis like Roddick and Davydenko, I will enlighten you a bit.   Federer is almost 100 race points behind Nadal already and the only surface that men have played on up until now is hard courts, Nadal's worst surface and Federer's best.    Nadal has not even set foot on grass or clay and is already almost 100 race points ahead of Federer anyway.    Federer has been unable to even come close to keeping up with Nadal on Nadal's worst surface.     Djokovic is already a whopping 171 race points ahead of Federer after less then 1/3rd of the season, and while hard courts is Djokovic's best surface it is also Federer's.     It does not take a brain surgeon to see certain things.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Nadal is a clear #2 in the current ATP Race with the only part of the season including his worst surface of the 3 major surfaces: hard courts.   He has not even set foot on his 2 best surfaces clay and grass, yet is still a clear #2 in the race.   Yet he should be in a poll about someone who would finish only #3?   ..-) :whistle:    Novak Djokovic is a clear #1 in the current ATP Race, last year performed well on all surfaces, and currently leads the #3 in the ATP Race by a whopping 140 points already.    Again so he should he be included in a poll about the year end #3 why exactly??   :whistle:

Since you seem insistent on comparing Federer to two men out of his league these days, rather then comparing him to his peers of tennis like Roddick and Davydenko, I will enlighten you a bit.   Federer is almost 100 race points behind Nadal already and the only surface that men have played on up until now is hard courts, Nadal's worst surface and Federer's best.    Nadal has not even set foot on grass or clay and is already almost 100 race points ahead of Federer anyway.    Federer has been unable to even come close to keeping up with Nadal on Nadal's worst surface.     Djokovic is already a whopping 171 race points ahead of Federer after less then 1/3rd of the season, and while hard courts is Djokovic's best surface it is also Federer's.     It does not take a brain surgeon to see certain things.

Just remember....it's a long, long season.... :whistle: