Author Topic: Any Volley player???  (Read 6872 times)

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
Any Volley player???
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:59:05 AM »
Is there any volleyer out there lol  :))
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Any Volley player???
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:04:58 AM »
Me
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »
Me

Nice what your fav volley shot..I think I made my own volley but i not sure if is already been made..it kinda slice my volley so for me I called it Slice Volley
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 12:00:16 PM »
Me

Nice what your fav volley shot..I think I made my own volley but i not sure if is already been made..it kinda slice my volley so for me I called it Slice Volley

Hate to break it to you, but I think most players put a little slice on their volleys, especially on the backhand, to keep the ball low and make passing shots tougher.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 12:05:01 PM »
Yeah, whenever I'm at the net, the slice volley is what I use quite frequently, for example the drop volley etc.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 12:20:42 PM »
Me

Hate to break it to you, but I think most players put a little slice on their volleys, especially on the backhand, to keep the ball low and make passing shots tougher.

For me the reason to slice the volley is that it's easier to chop it than put topsin on it.

The fact that it stays low is just a nice bonus.  ;-()

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:30:35 PM »
Me

For me the reason to slice the volley is that it's easier to chop it than put topsin on it.

I'm guessing that DSU was assuming most players hit volleys dead flat  :Confused:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
Me

I'm guessing that DSU was assuming most players hit volleys dead flat  :Confused:

Hmmmm........ I'm trying to think of someone who hits flat volleys........ :Confused:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »
Me

Hmmmm........ I'm trying to think of someone who hits flat volleys........ :Confused:

Well, if the slice volley is the 'invention', I assume DSU wasn't thinking topspin volleys are the norm, so flat is the other way  :Confused:

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 01:21:04 PM »
Ancic, Llodra, hasnt Dent returned to tour?

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 01:21:54 PM »
Me

I think DSU is watching too much WTA and assuming their little "drive volleys" with all that topspin (and volume) are normal volleys  :)~

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 01:24:05 PM »
Me

Well, if the slice volley is the 'invention', I assume DSU wasn't thinking topspin volleys are the norm, so flat is the other way  :Confused:

:dunno:

:confused1: :Confused: :confused1: :Confused: :confused1: :Confused: :confused1: :Confused: :confused1: :)~

An ambition fulfilled

Offline THE_DEREK

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 03:00:04 PM »
Me

I think DSU is watching too much WTA and assuming their little "drive volleys" with all that topspin (and volume) are normal volleys  :)~

Thats great hehe.   Only henin and Amelie hit traditional volleys on the womens tour.   

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 03:16:12 PM »
Me

Uh... not me. I am a pretty aggressive volleyer and so, especially n my backhand volleys, I punch it in very well. In fact I would consider it one of my best shots. And even though I have a doublefisted regular backhand groundstroke, my one-handed backhand volley has the precision of someone who plays with a regular onehanded backhand groundstroke.

I don't mean to toot my own horn but uh... TOOT TOOT!
Be the change that you seek.

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 04:08:12 PM »
haah My bad but anyway I used slice volley and drop volley alot

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 04:14:08 PM »
I like to volley and I love The Droppah!    Everyone does not slice their BH volley at all.............in fact the punched BH volley is the most effective shot for getting the ball off the court quickly.    My BH volley naturally slices as I cut under the ball too much and it actually pops up too much sometimes............I wish I could naturally punch a flatter BH volley more often. 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 06:30:34 PM »
About the only volley I don't put some slice on is a high forehand volley. Even a high backhand volley is going to have some slice put on it unless it's an backhand overhead.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »
I either hit a flat volley or a slice volley.  I guess it depends on what's going on, how close I am to the net, where my opponent is, etc...
Scott Baker

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 06:48:25 PM »
I either hit a flat volley or a slice volley.  I guess it depends on what's going on, how close I am to the net, where my opponent is, etc...

It also depends on the level of the ball over the net.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 06:49:13 PM »
Yeah, I was going to make an entire list but I got lazy, I would have added that fo sho!
Scott Baker