Author Topic: Any Volley player???  (Read 6589 times)

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Re: Any Volley player???
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 07:06:11 PM »
Yeah, I was going to make an entire list but I got lazy, I would have added that fo sho!

Slacker
Be the change that you seek.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »
About the only volley I don't put some slice on is a high forehand volley. Even a high backhand volley is going to have some slice put on it unless it's an backhand overhead.

yeah, agreed. Mainly because most of the time you are getting low for volleys and hitting it from low so you can't punch it straight into the net. And high backhand volleys.. usually I don't feel like I have the right power and control to punch the volley off so I slice it. Only on high forehands can I confidently go for the punch and put away approach.

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
  • Let The Wind Blow to my Victory
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
Yeah I can mostly do FH volley and i also practing my BH volley and Drop Shot
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
<br /><br />The greatest is the one is perfect their style and their body<br /><br />I will Overcome my Limit

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 09:38:46 AM »
I usually hit drive volleys when the ball is going at a slow speed or sliced at me. When the ball is high, I hit double handed backhand volleys because I find them easier. For everything else, I'm pretty much orthodox. Everyone constantly tells me I swing too much on my volleys, and I know I do, but it works for me and the ball usually goes in, with speed. When I try to shorten the swing, I can never get power  :confused1:.

On low volleys, I usually hit a drop volley with a lot of backspin until my opponent susses this out. After that, I wait for the ball to bounce, and if I see him coming in expecting a dropshot, I slice it deep.

My volleys are pretty solid but my smashes are poor  :( doesn't help when you are extremely short. It sometimes puts me off going to the net, because I hit a good approach shot, and then the opponent loops the ball up high. If I'm at the net I'd probably shank the smash  :\. I don't know what I do wrong with my smash, I turn side on, shorten the backswing, use my left arm for balance and guidance and try and put a bit of topspin on the ball, but I've never perfected it. Any advice?

Offline ThePAW

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 09:51:07 AM »
I find the drive volley the easiest to hit, and pretty much hit through the ball at any occassion near the net. Also enjoy hitting the drop volley on the forehand side, reminds me of a table tennis shot that I hit a lot :)

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 11:36:11 AM »
I usually hit drive volleys when the ball is going at a slow speed or sliced at me. When the ball is high, I hit double handed backhand volleys because I find them easier. For everything else, I'm pretty much orthodox. Everyone constantly tells me I swing too much on my volleys, and I know I do, but it works for me and the ball usually goes in, with speed. When I try to shorten the swing, I can never get power  :confused1:.

On low volleys, I usually hit a drop volley with a lot of backspin until my opponent susses this out. After that, I wait for the ball to bounce, and if I see him coming in expecting a dropshot, I slice it deep.

My volleys are pretty solid but my smashes are poor  :( doesn't help when you are extremely short. It sometimes puts me off going to the net, because I hit a good approach shot, and then the opponent loops the ball up high. If I'm at the net I'd probably shank the smash  :\. I don't know what I do wrong with my smash, I turn side on, shorten the backswing, use my left arm for balance and guidance and try and put a bit of topspin on the ball, but I've never perfected it. Any advice?

Yeah that me sometime too so I understand what you saying

Offline Victor

• Tennis God

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 07:28:53 AM »
haha I might just join the fun

Slacker

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 04:31:11 PM by Victor »

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 11:39:01 AM »
The quote's getting too big now, you need to start anew.

Slacker

Hold on, what thread is this actually meant to be?

Offline DropShotUser

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2008, 04:29:29 PM »

Slacker

haha this thread is player who are volleyer haha

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 04:31:28 PM »
Yeah, I was going to make an entire list but I got lazy, I would have added that fo sho!

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Make the list now

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Oh, heck I'll join the fun: Slacker

Slacker

Slacker.

WTH???

Slacker
haha I might just join the fun

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Slacker

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:55 PM »
SHut up and go watch my video ;)
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2008, 04:46:02 PM »
SHut up and go watch my video ;)

I already did that!  :whistle: