Author Topic: Credit and a Cheer for David Ferrer  (Read 24702 times)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Re: Credit and a Cheer for David Ferrer
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2008, 04:52:29 AM »
Yes, big well done to Ferrer, he's one of my favourite players and it's a great win for him on the grass.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2008, 05:25:49 AM »
Strange how we wait something like 36 years for a grasscourt title for a Spanish male and then 2 come along in a week and a third was just a few points away in Verdasco  :))
Yeah thats quite odd, but who cares. Hopefully Ferrero can win wimbledon (doesn't hurt to dream does it :innocent:) and that will make 3 spaniards win on grass in 3 tournaments.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2008, 05:37:55 AM »
Strange how we wait something like 36 years for a grasscourt title for a Spanish male and then 2 come along in a week and a third was just a few points away in Verdasco  :))
Yeah thats quite odd, but who cares. Hopefully Ferrero can win wimbledon (doesn't hurt to dream does it :innocent:) and that will make 3 spaniards win on grass in 3 tournaments.

lol- You can hope, and there's certainly nothing wrong with having a dream  :)) the way Juan Carlos has played on grass these past couple of years and even took it to Fed more than most on the surface if it wasn't for his injury I'd be very confident in him going deep again  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2008, 05:43:25 AM »

lol- You can hope, and there's certainly nothing wrong with having a dream  :)) the way Juan Carlos has played on grass these past couple of years and even took it to Fed more than most on the surface if it wasn't for his injury I'd be very confident in him going deep again  :)
yeah I'm not expecting too much either. I'd much rather he wins the Aus Open or something:P

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2008, 05:48:26 AM »

yeah I'm not expecting too much either. I'd much rather he wins the Aus Open or something:P

I hope we'll both me wrong as I like to see Juan Carlos do well and I've gone for him to reach about the 4th round here  :) Yeah the Australian Open and you going to it would be much better for you, I don't think Juan Carlos would be too fussy though if he could have 1 more  :)) although I'd go for him picking Wimbledon.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2008, 06:28:59 AM »

I hope we'll both me wrong as I like to see Juan Carlos do well and I've gone for him to reach about the 4th round here  :) Yeah the Australian Open and you going to it would be much better for you, I don't think Juan Carlos would be too fussy though if he could have 1 more  :)) although I'd go for him picking Wimbledon.
Haha, yeah. Still, if he gets to the 4th round thats pretty good, but I'm worried about Querry

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2008, 06:50:21 AM »

Haha, yeah. Still, if he gets to the 4th round thats pretty good, but I'm worried about Querry

If he can get through that tricky opener then he's got a good draw through to the 2nd week. Question will be his fitness though after his recent injury.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2008, 06:51:12 AM »

If he can get through that tricky opener then he's got a good draw through to the 2nd week. Question will be his fitness though after his recent injury.
Exactly. I hope it's not too bad. Though I think we're gonna be in for another Roger-Rafa final.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »
Back in the loop and getting caught up.

Another Cheer.

If I'm right, Davydenko's unfortunate exit today means that David Ferrer's ranking rises inevitably to number 4 next Monday.  :))
Can anyone confirm?
Onward and upward. :lol-cry:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:37:15 PM by euroka1 »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2008, 05:33:14 PM »
Back in the loop and getting caught up.

Another Cheer.

If I'm right, Davydenko's unfortunate exit today means that David Ferrer's rises inevitably to number 4 next Monday.  :))
Can anyone confirm?

Davydenko reached 4th round last year and Ferrer reached 2nd round!
Ferru plays tomorrow on Court n1 against Andreev, they are great friends, they trained in the same club for a lot of years: Academia Tenis Naval!
http://www.davidferrer.com/fotos/david39.jpg

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:40:12 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2008, 06:43:49 PM »
Andreev is a very dangerous opponent.  Ferrer will have to be sharp to come through that one, hopefully he can.  GO FERRU!!!

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2008, 02:47:25 AM »
This will be tough, but I really hope he pulls through

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2008, 03:22:53 AM »
Andreev is a very dangerous opponent.  Ferrer will have to be sharp to come through that one, hopefully he can.  GO FERRU!!!
H2H Andreev 4 - 1 Ferrer! very dangerous opponent! VAMOS FERRU!  :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »
H2H Andreev 4 - 1 Ferrer! very dangerous opponent! VAMOS FERRU!  :)

Wow, that is good! I have my fingers crossed for Ferrer, but it'll be tough. I want him to knock Davydenko out of the top 4.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2008, 03:03:56 PM »
Court 1
David Ferrer (ESP/n5) def. Igor Andreev (RUS)  3-6, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 in 2 hours 10 minutes  :grind dance: :thumbs-up: :trampoline:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
Court 1
David Ferrer (ESP/n5) def. Igor Andreev (RUS)  3-6, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 in 2 hours 10 minutes  :grind dance: :thumbs-up: :trampoline:

good test for him and e came through  :)

next up for him should be Mario Ancic whom he just recently defeated. But I don't expect the same results again  ;-()
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 03:07:27 PM by pawan89 »

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2008, 03:07:41 PM »
Court 1

Isn't that great, conchita. :grind dance: here too.
Must admit I was a man of little faith when he was making all those errors in the first set.
This pretty well firms up his place as number 4 next Monday, I believe.  :))

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »
Another cheer from the new site!  :))
I think he'll do OK against Ancic.  If necessary, all he has to do is force it to 5 sets.  :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »
Another cheer from the new site!  :))
I think he'll do OK against Ancic.  If necessary, all he has to do is force it to 5 sets.  :)
:yay:
he defeated Ancic last week at the Ordina Open in Den Bosch in straight sets, QF!
Ancic is not playing very well at Queens and at SW19.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2008, 06:40:15 AM »
I'm thrilled that he's doing well, and will make it to number 4:) Now he's just gotta get to number 1 and I"ll be happy