Author Topic: Credit and a Cheer for David Ferrer  (Read 24103 times)

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
Re: Credit and a Cheer for David Ferrer
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2009, 06:16:45 PM »
David Ferrer d. Viktor Troicki  60 63 in 54 minutes!

Ferru, the local boy, completes the party in Spain.  :)) Wonderful and unforgettable scenes in Benidorm.  :))
World number 1, grand slam champion and davis cup hero Ferrero predicted a 4-1 or 5-0 win, he was correct.

Another cheer from here, conchita.
Troicki can be a tough opponent as long as his back isn't bothering him. I saw him at the Legg Mason last year.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2009, 07:40:43 PM »
Troicki played very well in the doubles match teaming with Zimonjic. they defeated in straight sets Lopez/Robredo. it was a great combination, the veteran Zimonjic and the young Troicki. I was very happy and Viktor did not feel the pressure at all., great serve and at the net. 
He won some weeks ago the challenger tournament in his home city, Belgrade.
Troicki impressed me a lot at last year AO 1st round, it was the most difficult opponent to Nadal until Rafa played Tsonga.
In Washinton he defeated Roddick and reached his first atp final. He was very impressive.
I also hope he will stay fit and healthy, it's difficult to watch his matches when he feels the pain in his back. He is a very interesting young player, his style of play is exciting and seems a very friendly guy.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:50:13 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »
What a great match last friday! Ferrer d. Djokovic in straight sets!  :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »
Ferru Vs Djokovic, last game!  :))

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CslUKsFGeg4&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2009, 06:45:55 AM »
I like this video a lot, slow motion, Nadal Vs Djokovic!
Ferrer Vs Troicki Davis Cup 2009!!! 2 of my fave players!
I love the moment at 2'07'' with the ball boys!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r_3-ytVcV0[/youtube]

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2009, 07:40:21 AM »
Great stuff, conchita. I liked the soothing sound track  :) .

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2009, 03:19:35 PM »
Cheer for David Ferrer; 6-4, 7-5 against Todd Widom at Indian Wells. But it wasn't easy  :scared: .
Onward and upward.  :lol-cry:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2009, 12:15:41 AM »
another credit and a cheer to Ferru!!!
great match! well played!! full of determination!! joy to watch!!

(12) David Ferrer ESP d. Jeremy Chardy FRA 36 64 64 in 1 hour 53 minutes
4th Round: Ferrer vs Roddick

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2009, 05:00:06 PM »
Very Big Cheer for the Miami effort  3-6, 6-3, 6-4  :lmao: . A great battler.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
Ferru has comeback!!  :))

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2009, 08:31:52 AM »
FELIZ CUMPEAÑOS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID FERRER!!!  :))

David Ferrer - ♪ Reason♪

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVxD4isQYC0[/youtube]

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »
Let's annoy Babblelot  :::))) and have another cheer for David Ferrer :applause: who is playing well and has reached the semis in Barcelona!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »
Ferrer outlasts González in three-set thriller to set up repeat of 2008 final  :))

David Ferrer overcame a spirited fightback from Fernando Gonzalez in the second semi final of the Barcelona Open Banco Sabadell on Saturday to set up a repeat of last year’s final with Rafael Nadal. The fourth seed blasted his way back from a first set drubbing to dominate his Chilean opponent in the second, before almost letting the match slip away in a nervous finish.

World No. 13 Ferrer was made to work hard for a place in his 14th ATP World Tour final (7-6 record). Gonzalez started the match producing some of his best tennis to break twice and take a one-set lead 6-2 before Ferrer was able to make his mark in the encounter and convert two of three break points in the second set to level the match. The Javea native then took charge in the deciding set as he raced out to a 5-2 lead.

"It was a crazy match that could have gone either way," commented Ferrer. "When he double faulted, I saw a light. I played well, very aggressive, although I need to serve a bit better. I'm happy with my form and to have played well here. I love this tournament and its history."

The 14th-ranked Gonzalez hit back to break to love as Ferrer served for the match at 5-4 and replicated his form from the first set as he pushed the set to a deciding tie-break. However, the Chilean remained frustrated by Ferrer’s perseverance and crucially double-faulted at 5-5 before netting a forehand to grant Ferrer victory after two hours and 13 minutes.

"It's been a hard week physically. Kukushkin was a difficult match, against Starace I was almost on my home and I came back, and today was also tough. But as the days go by I feel myself in better form."

The Alicante-based Ferrer’s victory sets up an eighth all-Spanish final in the 57-year history of the event, and the fourth in the last five years. The odds are stacked against the world No.13, who becomes the seventeenth player to reach the final in successive appearances. Of the other sixteen, none were successful in their attempt to win a title having lost on the first occasion.

Ferrer will be attempting to block world #1 Rafael Nadal’s attempt to secure an unprecedented fifth consecutive win in Barcelona, having achieved precisely the same feat last week in Monte Carlo.

The pair has met nine times on the ATP World Tour, with Nadal currently leading their head to head series 6-3. The last meeting between the two was in the final here one year ago, when Ferrer briefly threatened to upset Nadal’s attempt at a record fourth title, capturing the second set before capitulating 61 46 61.

The 27-year-old Ferrer, who reached a career-high No. 4 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings in February 2008, improved to a 23-8 match record as he advanced to his second final of the season. In February, the right-hander finished runner-up to Novak Djokovic in the Dubai final on hard court. He takes a 21-37 record against Top 10 players into the final against No. 1 Nadal.

"Rafa is the World No. 1 and the best on clay, it's very difficult to beat him," admitted Ferrer. "I'll try to play good tennis, if not I'm dead, but I'm not thinking about whether or not I'll beat him, I go on the court to play as well as possible."

Offline !!!Federer!!!

• Tennis Player
  • !!! FEDERER'S NO#1 FAN !!!
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2009, 10:59:27 PM »
Hey! this guy he is excellent ( but not as much as Federer) and I am starting to like him.He has also done very well in the Barcelona Open to reach the final.Last Night he beat Fernando Gonzalez ( 2-6,6-2,7-6).
!GO FERRER!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2009, 11:28:04 PM »
Ferrer outlasts González in three-set thriller to set up repeat of 2008 final  :))

David Ferrer overcame a spirited fightback from Fernando Gonzalez in the second semi final of the Barcelona Open Banco Sabadell on Saturday to set up a repeat of last year’s final with Rafael Nadal. The fourth seed blasted his way back from a first set drubbing to dominate his Chilean opponent in the second, before almost letting the match slip away in a nervous finish.

World No. 13 Ferrer was made to work hard for a place in his 14th ATP World Tour final (7-6 record). Gonzalez started the match producing some of his best tennis to break twice and take a one-set lead 6-2 before Ferrer was able to make his mark in the encounter and convert two of three break points in the second set to level the match. The Javea native then took charge in the deciding set as he raced out to a 5-2 lead.

"It was a crazy match that could have gone either way," commented Ferrer. "When he double faulted, I saw a light. I played well, very aggressive, although I need to serve a bit better. I'm happy with my form and to have played well here. I love this tournament and its history."

The 14th-ranked Gonzalez hit back to break to love as Ferrer served for the match at 5-4 and replicated his form from the first set as he pushed the set to a deciding tie-break. However, the Chilean remained frustrated by Ferrer’s perseverance and crucially double-faulted at 5-5 before netting a forehand to grant Ferrer victory after two hours and 13 minutes.

"It's been a hard week physically. Kukushkin was a difficult match, against Starace I was almost on my home and I came back, and today was also tough. But as the days go by I feel myself in better form."

The Alicante-based Ferrer’s victory sets up an eighth all-Spanish final in the 57-year history of the event, and the fourth in the last five years. The odds are stacked against the world No.13, who becomes the seventeenth player to reach the final in successive appearances. Of the other sixteen, none were successful in their attempt to win a title having lost on the first occasion.

Ferrer will be attempting to block world #1 Rafael Nadal’s attempt to secure an unprecedented fifth consecutive win in Barcelona, having achieved precisely the same feat last week in Monte Carlo.

The pair has met nine times on the ATP World Tour, with Nadal currently leading their head to head series 6-3. The last meeting between the two was in the final here one year ago, when Ferrer briefly threatened to upset Nadal’s attempt at a record fourth title, capturing the second set before capitulating 61 46 61.

The 27-year-old Ferrer, who reached a career-high No. 4 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings in February 2008, improved to a 23-8 match record as he advanced to his second final of the season. In February, the right-hander finished runner-up to Novak Djokovic in the Dubai final on hard court. He takes a 21-37 record against Top 10 players into the final against No. 1 Nadal.

"Rafa is the World No. 1 and the best on clay, it's very difficult to beat him," admitted Ferrer. "I'll try to play good tennis, if not I'm dead, but I'm not thinking about whether or not I'll beat him, I go on the court to play as well as possible."

Very good outlook, I think Nadal has the same approach.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2009, 03:37:41 PM »
I feel kind of bad for Ferrer, he seems to be always runner-up. I guess that's not really true (must confess I don't know his record on ATP wins), he just plays so hard and seems to be such a nice guy.  :blue:  I don't want him to beat Rafa tho' !  I don't feel THAT bad.  :))

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
I feel kind of bad for Ferrer, he seems to be always runner-up. I guess that's not really true (must confess I don't know his record on ATP wins), he just plays so hard and seems to be such a nice guy.  :blue:  I don't want him to beat Rafa tho' !  I don't feel THAT bad.  :))

"Rafa is playing even more aggressively this year," said Ferrer. "He has a great rhythm right from the start and it’s very difficult to beat him."

Ferrer dropped to a 7-7 mark in tour-finals (4-5 on clay) and a 23-9 season match record. The 27 year old also finished runner-up to Novak Djokovic earlier this year at the ATP World Tour 500 tennis tournament in Dubai.

Barcelona, sf in 2007 lost to Nadal, final in 2008, 2009 vs Nadal. Incredible achievement, he went for the first time to the event in Barcelona when he was 8 years old. A very big ovation for Ferru playing again very well in this tournament. 

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2009, 04:18:46 PM »

"Rafa is playing even more aggressively this year," said Ferrer. "He has a great rhythm right from the start and it’s very difficult to beat him."

Ferrer dropped to a 7-7 mark in tour-finals (4-5 on clay) and a 23-9 season match record. The 27 year old also finished runner-up to Novak Djokovic earlier this year at the ATP World Tour 500 tennis tournament in Dubai.

Barcelona, sf in 2007 lost to Nadal, final in 2008, 2009 vs Nadal. Incredible achievement, he went for the first time to the event in Barcelona when he was 8 years old. A very big ovation for Ferru playing again very well in this tournament. 

I missed this because of playing myself but it must have been a good match and clearly went down very well with the locals  :grind dance: :trampoline: :grind dance: :trampoline: :grind dance: :trampoline:.
I too enjoy watching David Ferrer play, particularly when he beats Andy Roddick  :) .  That may not happen this year as Andy is avoiding clay and honeymooning instead.  My read is that Roddick is banking all on Wimbledon and the US Open this year for that last grand slam and that we may not see much more of him after that.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2009, 06:21:50 PM »
I feel kind of bad for Ferrer, he seems to be always runner-up. I guess that's not really true (must confess I don't know his record on ATP wins), he just plays so hard and seems to be such a nice guy.  :blue:  I don't want him to beat Rafa tho' !  I don't feel THAT bad.   :))

:rofl_2:

Offline Yiyo

• Tennis Addict
  • GLADIATOR: THE KING OF CLAY
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2009, 05:15:40 AM »

"In the last game, I didn't see nothing. The true, I wasn't see nothing, no?" Nadal about the 2008 Wimbledon final