Author Topic: Ice wolf's Jornal! ^_^  (Read 1673 times)

Offline IceWolf

• Tennis Player
Ice wolf's Jornal! ^_^
« on: December 16, 2010, 09:01:09 AM »
Okay so I don't know if i can sum it up the right way... but i will give it a try ^^"
Since i just recovered from a shoulder injury a week ago (the doctor did say it was alright to play) i thought i would go out and play on a court for a while.
I went out to the indoor tennis court, picked the teen court one coach picked the only person left to play me(which  he happened to pick the biggest guy by mistake and i got stuck with him since i was new) We started to play and i was doing good... 20 minutes into playing  we are tied 2-2  in games and my shoulder gives. My rackets flies and hits him in the head... We both have to go the the hospital and now i can't play with my left hand -.- but i did win since right before I lost my grip I hit the ball and got the winning point. So we ended their at 3-2 ^_^...turned out he went easy on me cause of my injury..... (sorry i didn't use a few on the correct terms i haven't played in a year)
Now i can't play for a week....

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Ice wolf's Jornal! ^_^
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 09:30:22 AM »
Your racquet hit your opponent in the head??? :confused1:

That must have been quite a swing!

Sounds like you should give that shoulder some rest and then do a bit of rehab before you venture on court again.

Good luck.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 12:42:44 PM »
Glad I wasn't your opponent, and I hope everyone is OK.  That's kinda funny though!

Was your opponent at the net when you hit him with the racquet?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline IceWolf

• Tennis Player
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 11:52:25 AM »
ha-ha yes he was >_<. Also every thing turned out alright.....
Sadly i start physical therapy next week for it.....
Also when the spring tennis comes aroung i will be posting on soo much. I'm use to practicing every day for hour........

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »
What motivates you to practice?

What are you working on in general?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline IceWolf

• Tennis Player
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »
Well i got in a habit of it since my brother-in law first taught me tennis..he made he get up at 3 am and play every day ^^' he said it was either that or mountain biking for 20 miles.... I picked tennis and loved it! If that makes since.

Um, well when i didn't my shoulder problem i did every thing and he made sure i did...., now i just work on footwork, and weights ...till i get caught working out and get scolded..I'm waiting to see what they will let me do in physical therapy..Plus for me foot work is a must cause i tend to fall and trip a lot....you will see that later on ha-ha

Offline IceWolf

• Tennis Player
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »

Yay! My tennis racket is fixed ^____^! I can play again.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 05:32:30 AM »
Well i got in a habit of it since my brother-in law first taught me tennis..he made he get up at 3 am and play every day ^^' he said it was either that or mountain biking for 20 miles.... I picked tennis and loved it! If that makes since.

Um, well when i didn't my shoulder problem i did every thing and he made sure i did...., now i just work on footwork, and weights ...till i get caught working out and get scolded..I'm waiting to see what they will let me do in physical therapy..Plus for me foot work is a must cause i tend to fall and trip a lot....you will see that later on ha-ha

Your Bro-In-Law sounds like my kinda guy! :thumbs-up:

Good on ya for practicing your footwork.  That will pay HUGE dividends as you continue to learn the game.  What 95% of rec players ignore is that tennis is a moving game as much as it is a hitting game.  They tend to get all caught up in the strokes and ignore the balance and footwork necessary to set up the stroke.

Take it easy on the physio and return to the game slowly.  You've got your whole life ahead of you to play tennis!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline IceWolf

• Tennis Player
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »

[/quote]Your Bro-In-Law sounds like my kinda guy! :thumbs-up:

Good on ya for practicing your footwork.  That will pay HUGE dividends as you continue to learn the game.  What 95% of rec players ignore is that tennis is a moving game as much as it is a hitting game.  They tend to get all caught up in the strokes and ignore the balance and footwork necessary to set up the stroke.

Take it easy on the physio and return to the game slowly.  You've got your whole life ahead of you to play tennis!
[/quote]

My brother In-Law is scary he made a dent in a metal pole from one of his serves when he was warming up.....Also i only work of footwork cause i'm the clumsy type....and cause i hate biking...
 <_< I won't promise any thing cause i love to work out......he-he ^^"

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »
A metal pole?  That's one heck of a serve!
Scott Baker

Offline IceWolf

• Tennis Player
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »
A metal pole?  That's one heck of a serve!
and that was after a 5 year gap from tennis.....scary very very scary haha

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
Be sure he doesn't hit you with that serve!
Scott Baker

Offline IceWolf

• Tennis Player
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 06:05:13 PM »
He has twice gave me a concision and tore a muscle ^^" also sorry  i haven't been on lately i kinda tripped down a few stairs and went to the hospital...

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 06:58:25 PM »
Yikes, you OK?
Scott Baker

Offline IceWolf

• Tennis Player
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 08:49:43 PM »
Haha i guess ^^ It is normal for me... I fall down them all the time cause im clusmy... I just have a broken leg simple nothing to big other then that haha