Author Topic: Swish's Journal.  (Read 13960 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Swish's Journal.
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »
Sweet come-back Swish!  You stuck it to the trash-talker!   :rofl_2:

Made me happy!!  :)

Reading these other journals it seems no one hardly runs into the kind of people I do, I guess that it isn't serious players as the reason.
I don't mind as I am not the most etiquette oriented person on the court either.  :innocent:

I am all business on the court unless it is just a match among friends.   I like to not talk much between games until after the match is finished and then we can hang out!   

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 02:16:55 PM »
Sweet come-back Swish!  You stuck it to the trash-talker!   :rofl_2:

Made me happy!!  :)

Reading these other journals it seems no one hardly runs into the kind of people I do, I guess that it isn't serious players as the reason.
I don't mind as I am not the most etiquette oriented person on the court either.  :innocent:

I am all business on the court unless it is just a match among friends.   I like to not talk much between games until after the match is finished and then we can hang out!  

I'll have to try that but get drawn in usually, it's all in fun but I do get irritated at times.

Played an injured opponent (fell down and hurt his wrist), so his serve was off and not too much pace on the ball. Resulting in a 6-1, 6-2 win for swish.  :)

Not too much to report then as the match's excitement was not too good because of the injury.
No one wants to play a third set for practice unless it's necessary for the outcome, I guess it's not that interesting but I like to try a few things out without the pressure.

Next weekend I'll sign in with my report.  :cool:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »
Well, I won again today 6-3, 6-2.  1H 40M

It was 80 deg and a high humidity.

Worked on my forhand, tried to flick the wrist some to get additional topspin. The wrist got tired quickly and missed some balls or mis**ts. I don't know if its worth the effort but was interesting.

The other area was coming to the net, I'm getting some free points but got passed a few times because I came in too late leaving me at a bad position. So I ended up with a lot of volleys and too much running around.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 09:40:17 PM »
Nice Swish!  Good result and out burning mucho calories in the heat and humidity.........feels good doesn't it? 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 10:29:58 PM »
Nice Swish!  Good result and out burning mucho calories in the heat and humidity.........feels good doesn't it? 

Felt great, I like hot conditions when playing, it just feels like more of a battle.  :)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 10:17:22 PM »
You really are on a roll this summer, good matches all around :)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 07:44:59 PM »
You really are on a roll this summer, good matches all around :)

Thanks pawan, part of that is the competition doesn't really care to improve where I'm trying new things and keeping what works. But I've noticed a change in my adversaries attitude about improving, they don't like me at the top.
I couldn't be happier, tough games are what I love even if I lose.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 09:11:59 AM »
Babblelot v swish I

Anyone want to see this happen? swish? I can't hop on the Blue line and head NW for a throwdown.   ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »
Babblelot v swish I

Anyone want to see this happen? swish? I can hop on the Blue line and head NW for a throwdown.   ;-()

We'll see about it, doesn't sound bad. Where do you play generally? I think you mentioned waveland. Down by the lake I presume. and that's right, I think your transportation mode doesn't use gas!!  :)
Just  hang on there, we have the summer.

what days are good, usually I have sundays but sometimes sat's too after I work.

I can play 2 matches in a day. My other match generally only lasts 2 H. Then if ours lasts 2 H I'll be OK. After 4 hrs I get worn down some but won't tank.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »
Babblelot v swish I

Anyone want to see this happen? swish? I can hop on the Blue line and head NW for a throwdown.   ;-()

We'll see about it, doesn't sound bad. Where do you play generally? I think you mentioned waveland. Down by the lake I presume. and that's right, I think your transportation mode doesn't use gas!!  :)
Just  hang on there, we have the summer.

what days are good, usually I have sundays but sometimes sat's too after I work.

I can play 2 matches in a day. My other match generally only lasts 2 H. Then if ours lasts 2 H I'll be OK. After 4 hrs I get worn down some but won't tank.

I play my "big match" Saturday's and am always game for a Sunday. Yes, you remember well! Waveland and CTA. Waveland courts are on the lake, and though it makes for a beautiful backdrop, I wouldn't suggest we play there as there are 400 people trying to use the 20 courts, and you can get bumped at the top of every hour (public courts). My buddy and I get on no later than 8am to ensure we get 2H. I'm sure things aren't quite as competitive in your area or somewhere in between.

No hurray. But it would be a lot o' fun I'm sure.  :H
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 03:51:59 PM »
6-3,6-4 win today, my buddy got a new racquet and I broke it in for him.  :rofl_2:

Forhand was working big time, and volleys too. I'm very happy with my progress this year. Today was probably my best overall game. I'm going to be sleeping good!  :)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »
Well done Swish...............now its time for you to play some people that give you trouble to really push your game. 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2008, 04:01:40 PM »
won today, 6-3, 4-6, 6-1. 2H 15M.

Tough match today, my game was working but he had some wicked slices that kept the ball low and deep. I had a lot of trouble getting to these balls and some could only watch.

He took away a few of my aces by calling them out and then tried to change the score in his favor. But I was able to show his error in scoring but still lost the aces.  :))

When I got home there was a message on my phone that he still thought I changed the score to my favor.  ..-)

I had some trouble with the pace of my forhand, just couldn't put much on them. Seems like I get some areas working then something else goes awry.

Great weather for tennis, was forcasted for rain but turned out beautiful. Low 80's with big white clouds and sun!!!  :cool:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 05:15:44 AM »

Tough match today, my game was working but he had some wicked slices that kept the ball low and deep. I had a lot of trouble getting to these balls and some could only watch.

He took away a few of my aces by calling them out and then tried to change the score in his favor. But I was able to show his error in scoring but still lost the aces.  :))

When I got home there was a message on my phone that he still thought I changed the score to my favor.  ..-)

I had some trouble with the pace of my forhand, just couldn't put much on them. Seems like I get some areas working then something else goes awry.

Great weather for tennis, was forcasted for rain but turned out beautiful. Low 80's with big white clouds and sun!!!  :cool:

Scoring controversies can become quite heated when things get competitive.
Always a good time to stay cool and use the break to refocus and start building momentum again! :)

Are you doing any practice sessions in addition to playing matches?  I find it difficult to improve if I'm not putting in at least as much practice time as match time.

CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 08:40:58 AM »

Always a good time to stay cool and use the break to refocus and start building momentum again! :)

Are you doing any practice sessions in addition to playing matches?  I find it difficult to improve if I'm not putting in at least as much practice time as match time.

Thanks for the tip on the disagreements.

I haven't had time this year to practice at all, putting in 60 hrs a week at work and taking two classes at night.

I try to practice some while playing but it's not the same because I have to stay with what works.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 02:23:30 PM »

I haven't had time this year to practice at all, putting in 60 hrs a week at work and taking two classes at night.

I try to practice some while playing but it's not the same because I have to stay with what works.
Just keep on playing and enjoying the game.  There may come a time in your life when you're able to devote more energy to your tennis and work on improving then you can right now.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 04:12:43 PM »

Just keep on playing and enjoying the game.  There may come a time in your life when you're able to devote more energy to your tennis and work on improving then you can right now.

thanks, right now I just do the best I can and enjoy the game. 

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 01:36:03 PM »

The worst is when all involved think they are right!  Scott and I had a tough one the other night.    We were on clay and I returned a ball during a point back near the dudes baseline and he smokes a laser of a FH right between Scott and I at the net, we both turned around and saw the ball making a ball mark at roughly 6 inches behind the baseline, we both call it out immediately.  The dude starts complaining and then when I went back and circled the exact ball mark of his shot, he was insistent that there was no way he missed by that much.   Scott and I were both certain of our calls and the ball mark and held our ground but it did shake us up a bit for him to be so certain against us!   

Good results continue Swish............good on ya!   :cool:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2008, 08:06:09 PM »

The worst is when all involved think they are right!  Scott and I had a tough one the other night.    We were on clay and I returned a ball during a point back near the dudes baseline and he smokes a laser of a FH right between Scott and I at the net, we both turned around and saw the ball making a ball mark at roughly 6 inches behind the baseline, we both call it out immediately.  The dude starts complaining and then when I went back and circled the exact ball mark of his shot, he was insistent that there was no way he missed by that much.   Scott and I were both certain of our calls and the ball mark and held our ground but it did shake us up a bit for him to be so certain against us!  

Good results continue Swish............good on ya!   :cool:

happens all the time, if I see it out though I won't change the call no matter how much they complain. No free points.  :)>>>>

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »
Here's a summary of the season, I missed a few weeks or month.
My game is really clicking lately, here's the year summary.

BTW I am called Bush here.

winner   score          Standings        tot. games
May 4,  Sun      Bush   6-2, 6-3         1-0 Bush        12-5   
May 10, Sat      Bush   6-2, 6-1         2-0 Bush        12-3
May 17, Sat      Bush   6-3, 6-1         3-0 Bush        12-4
May 18, Sun      Bush   6-1, 6-4         4-0 Bush        12-5
May 24, Sat      Bush   6-8, 6-0, 6-2    5-0 Bush        18-10
Jun 1,  Sun      Bush   6-1, 6-2         6-0 Bush        12-3
Jun 7,  Sat      Bush   6-3, 6-2         7-0 Bush        12-5
Jun 14, Sat      Bush   6-3, 6-4         8-0 Bush        12-7
Jun 21, Sat      Bush   6-3, 4-6, 6-1    9-0 Bush        16-10
Jun 28, Sat      Bush   6-4, 6-3        10-0 Bush        12-7