Author Topic: New Racquet, Help  (Read 1068 times)

Offline LonelySgtPepper

• Tennis Player
New Racquet, Help
« on: May 03, 2008, 11:11:28 PM »
Okay, i just ordered an wilson ncode nblade 106. have any of you used this racquet and me still improving and what not i fiigured this would be a decent choice. is there any good way to "break in" a new racquet. or do i just need to play and play and play until im used to it....   thank you,  Alex.
Why So Serious?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: New Racquet, Help
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 11:15:02 PM »
Okay, i just ordered an wilson ncode nblade 106. have any of you used this racquet and me still improving and what not i fiigured this would be a decent choice. is there any good way to "break in" a new racquet. or do i just need to play and play and play until im used to it....   thank you,  Alex.

I'd say you just need to play with it to get used to it. If you are in the beginning stages of learning the game (say 3.0 or below) there isn't much you can do to make a "good" choice of racquets. Once you start defining your playing style, you can start to think about how a raquet may help you.
The nBlade is a pretty light manuverable stick. It's a very solid racquet for anyone. Plenty of power. It's a good 'tweener frame.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: New Racquet, Help
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:43:27 AM »
I agree with D, you just need to get out and get use to it.  Your game is probably developing so fast that you will just adapt to the racquet as you move along.  As you get better you can start messing with the options of the racquet once you figure out what kind of preferences you will have.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com