Author Topic: Technifibre  (Read 7009 times)

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
Re: Technifibre
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 01:40:08 PM »
I think both DMast and Pacer make an excellent point regarding technique.
It's always fun for gearheads like us to try new sticks & strings, but the bottom line is your time and $$$ are better spent on taking lessons to improve your technique until you reach 5.0+ or higher.  And of course, practice, practice, practice!!!

i agree but i find that the better i got at tennis, the less i wanted to tinker with my racket selection (other than strings and a minor weigh adjustments).  i've been using the same stick for 3-4 years now and i'll probably keep using them until im down to 2 and have to find something else.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Technifibre
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »
I think both DMast and Pacer make an excellent point regarding technique.
It's always fun for gearheads like us to try new sticks & strings, but the bottom line is your time and $$$ are better spent on taking lessons to improve your technique until you reach 5.0+ or higher.  And of course, practice, practice, practice!!!

i agree but i find that the better i got at tennis, the less i wanted to tinker with my racket selection (other than strings and a minor weigh adjustments).  i've been using the same stick for 3-4 years now and i'll probably keep using them until im down to 2 and have to find something else.

I don't do much tinkering with my racquets at all either. I went from a light racquet, to a medium weight racquet, then added weight to the handle and found I liked it better. Then I ended up getting a racquet that felt like the modified Volkls, and I've not done anything to them.
I do mess around trying different strings, but not with any direction in mind. Just trying different things. I used the same string for about 7 years, but then wanted to change my approach to the game. In keep with the racquet changes, I'm still looking for the best string to combine with the new frame.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)