Author Topic: Technifibre  (Read 7173 times)

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
Re: Technifibre
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »
Could someone suggest a racquet that gives you absolutely no power at all?  haha.  I don't mean to sound like i'm bragging or anything but i'm a very powerful person.  Like...most people look at me and wonder why i'm on a tennis court and not a football field, haha.  I need a racquet that is super low powered.

Any suggestions?
Millenium Sport Technologies Representative
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
x2 Head Liquidmetal Radical @ 60lbs w/ Luxillon ALU power rough
------------

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 06:34:46 PM »
Could someone suggest a racquet that gives you absolutely no power at all?  haha.  I don't mean to sound like i'm bragging or anything but i'm a very powerful person.  Like...most people look at me and wonder why i'm on a tennis court and not a football field, haha.  I need a racquet that is super low powered.

Any suggestions?

You really do need to look at how your hitting the ball. Is it just your forehand, or both forehand and backhand?
You might also look into a Prince Pro Blend, or Forten Thin Blend. I used Thin Blend for 5 or 6 years, and trust me. It has very little power, and does give you pretty good spin. It's only around $6 a set.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 06:42:09 PM »

Any suggestions?

You really do need to look at how your hitting the ball. Is it just your forehand, or both forehand and backhand?
You might also look into a Prince Pro Blend, or Forten Thin Blend. I used Thin Blend for 5 or 6 years, and trust me. It has very little power, and does give you pretty good spin. It's only around $6 a set.

Agree. Technique needs to be solid before moving up to players sticks.
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 06:46:13 PM »

Any suggestions?

Just to add to this, power is not an end all and a be all. It's power in control, that's the grail.
I can hit a ball 100 miles an hour, so can a lot of people. But can they control it, keep it in the court, hit cross court or down the line at will?
If you can hit the ball a ton, but can't control it, a change of racquet isn't going give you that control. It will only lessen your power. YOU still need to gain that control.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline sandflea

• Tennis Player
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »
Might want to try a vantage vt321 tennis racket or one of their custom jobs.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »
ive hit with rackets that were a lot more powerful than what i'm usually used to, the main thing is that i get a lot more "easy" depth on my shots and somewhat less feel.  other than the adjustment needed it didnt really change my game dramatically.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 07:39:41 PM »

Any suggestions?

Actually my backhand and serves were better with this racquet...it's just my forehand.  Maybe you're right...maybe my swing is what's wrong here.
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 08:07:57 PM »

Any suggestions?

Just to add to this, power is not an end all and a be all. It's power in control, that's the grail.
I can hit a ball 100 miles an hour, so can a lot of people. But can they control it, keep it in the court, hit cross court or down the line at will?
If you can hit the ball a ton, but can't control it, a change of racquet isn't going give you that control. It will only lessen your power. YOU still need to gain that control.

Well said Dmast. Proper tecnique is paramount to success on the court. Without the proper fundamentals in place, "players sticks" would only exacerbate technical flaws. I think one needs to do an inventory of their game, evaluate their strengths and weaknesses before choosing a racquet, you'll save allot of time and money that way.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:08:39 PM by Pacer92110 »
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »

Any suggestions?

Actually my backhand and serves were better with this racquet...it's just my forehand.  Maybe you're right...maybe my swing is what's wrong here.

Are you having problems with clearance or hitting long?

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 11:23:39 PM »
Hitting long.  My backhand was landing as well as it ever has and my serves were slightly harder and dropping just inside the back service line.  Even my 2nd serve had good movement which I didn't expect as much from this racquet.  Just the forehand sailing long. 
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 11:34:30 PM »
Hitting long.  My backhand was landing as well as it ever has and my serves were slightly harder and dropping just inside the back service line.  Even my 2nd serve had good movement which I didn't expect as much from this racquet.  Just the forehand sailing long. 

Is your backhand as strong as your forehand, pace-wise?
Do you hit through the ball on the forehand, or up the back of the ball?
Where do you typically finish? Over your left shoulder (assuming you are righthanded), or under you left arm?

An ambition fulfilled

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 12:19:47 AM »
Normally my backhand has practically no pace, haha...but today it felt great.  Very hard and very deep.  On my backhand side I swing flat through the ball (one handed) and on my forehand side I normally swing up at the ball and the racquet ends over my left shoulder (yes I am righty).  That's of course dependant also on where i'm positioned and the ball is positioned naturally.  Sometimes it makes more sense to take a flatter cut at the ball on my forehand side and the racquet will end under my left arm. 

Maybe I need to take some pace off/slow my swing down and try and figure out what's going wrong with the mechanics.  There's really no reason for the ball to be going long with the amount of spin I put on it.  Maybe i'm trying to add so much pace that my follow through isn't...following through?  Or maybe sometimes i'm taking an upwards cut but on the follow through i'm going straight across my body?

I will have to really evaluate this on wednesday night when I play.
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 12:33:01 AM »
Normally my backhand has practically no pace, haha...but today it felt great.  Very hard and very deep.  On my backhand side I swing flat through the ball (one handed) and on my forehand side I normally swing up at the ball and the racquet ends over my left shoulder (yes I am righty).  That's of course dependant also on where i'm positioned and the ball is positioned naturally.  Sometimes it makes more sense to take a flatter cut at the ball on my forehand side and the racquet will end under my left arm. 

Maybe I need to take some pace off/slow my swing down and try and figure out what's going wrong with the mechanics.  There's really no reason for the ball to be going long with the amount of spin I put on it.  Maybe i'm trying to add so much pace that my follow through isn't...following through?  Or maybe sometimes i'm taking an upwards cut but on the follow through i'm going straight across my body?

I will have to really evaluate this on wednesday night when I play.

The worst thing you can do is slow your swing down. It should be natural and in rhythm. Slowing it down will only decrease consistancy and things will get worse, not better.
To decrease power decrease the backswing. Take half the backswing you normally take and swing normally. See how that feels. Then adjust either adding or subtracting to your backswing. Just keep the shoulders and arms flowing naturally and finish high over your shoulder.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 03:56:51 AM »
Thanks Dmast...I have practice tonight so i'm going to try that!   I never would have thought to shorten my backswing.  I do have quite a large swing too.  I think I am going to play the 1st half of practice with the technifibre and try that while keeping my mind on mechanics and then i'm going to switch it over to the extreme pro and do the same exact thing.  My shots with the extreme pro were going just long so maybe if I try that out it will average it out.

Then again, I don't have that big backhand with the extreme pro either...hmmm...We shall see tomorrow I guess.  Great suggestion though, thank you!!
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 06:58:30 AM »
the grip shape might have something to do with it.  i could never hit good backhands with head racquets whereas i get good pop and control on my one-hander with wilson grips, which are wider and less rectangular.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 07:21:25 AM »
hmmm...I never thought of that either.  My backhand with the head really does suck, haha.  I have never felt so confident hitting a backhand as I did yesterday with that tflash.  I was hoping they were going to my backhand side.
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »

Any suggestions?

Well said Dmast. Proper tecnique is paramount to success on the court. Without the proper fundamentals in place, "players sticks" would only exacerbate technical flaws. I think one needs to do an inventory of their game, evaluate their strengths and weaknesses before choosing a racquet, you'll save allot of time and money that way.

Do the bold part and then you can look at all the different racquet specs. on Tennis warehouse's site.  That should help! 

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 12:13:40 AM »
I agree but while working on what your weaknesses are, couldn't a racquet help with these things?  What I mean by that is I have an absolutely medicore backhand at best with my extreme pro's but I am hitting a very good backhand with the technifibre.  I don't think that's ALL Me or ALL the racquet...but the racquet's got to be helping in some way right?  That is a weakness of mine that is improving with a different stick. 

I dont know.

I sent the Techni to get re-strung with blue gears so we'll see what comes of it.  On the plus side...I hit much better today.
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 05:10:42 AM »
I think both DMast and Pacer make an excellent point regarding technique.
It's always fun for gearheads like us to try new sticks & strings, but the bottom line is your time and $$$ are better spent on taking lessons to improve your technique until you reach 5.0+ or higher.  And of course, practice, practice, practice!!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:51:16 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 05:37:42 PM »
I tried the 335 (16x20) and liked it a lot, just a bit too heavy for me.