Author Topic: Might play in a tournament need help!!  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Jackie Stephens

• Tennis Enthusiast
Might play in a tournament need help!!
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:41:19 PM »
Hey guys!! you all should remember me, anyways I might play in the Royal Palms tournament in Florida boys 16s and well I haven't played a tournament in a while but my sponsor wants me to play. I have been having trouble lately. My forehand has been off, when I hit a big shot because I have a big forehand I miss a couple Inches out behind the baseline now and nothing just isn't working. I use accelerated racket head speed, use an Semi-Western Forehand grip and I just can't build consistensy with my new big forehand. I recently changed from being a consistent net player to a  big forehander and it just hasn't been working for days, I stopped being consistent because these guys now were hitting bigger shots then I was and I do hit hard shots but these guys take the cake.
I am the Roger Federer of Tennis...

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: Might play in a tournament need help!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »
Hey guys!! you all should remember me, anyways I might play in the Royal Palms tournament in Florida boys 16s and well I haven't played a tournament in a while but my sponsor wants me to play. I have been having trouble lately. My forehand has been off, when I hit a big shot because I have a big forehand I miss a couple Inches out behind the baseline now and nothing just isn't working. I use accelerated racket head speed, use an Semi-Western Forehand grip and I just can't build consistensy with my new big forehand. I recently changed from being a consistent net player to a  big forehander and it just hasn't been working for days, I stopped being consistent because these guys now were hitting bigger shots then I was and I do hit hard shots but these guys take the cake.

Why don't you start a journal in the journal thread?  Everyone that plays tennis share in their journal. I think this would be great for you!

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

Offline Jackie Stephens

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »
I have already, its been there for a year, I just came back to this forum and I'm here to stay  :)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »
Jackie, do you think the problem with your forehand might be related to your lack lack of confidence? If not, are you technically doing something differently now? It's hard to answer your question. What does your  trainer think?

Offline Jackie Stephens

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 09:05:49 PM »
That dummy tells me keep the ball in play deep with spin, yah yah yah. I try that crap and get winners hit on me then I started driving the ball at a decent moderater speed of racket head and it worked but some balls where so hard that I couldn't hit any harder when the strings hit my racket and I'm using Big banger Luxilon with with the K-FED racket and my string is on 57 which is fine but I'm not sure what the problem is.. how do I get my forehand more consistent?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 11:11:29 PM »
Video would be helpful. It's hard to make recommendations on thin air. How are you missing? Are you missing consistanly into the net, or are you missing consistantly long? 
If you're missing consistantly long then "that dummy" is right. Spin will help bring it in. If you are consistantly missing into the net, than you need a higher trajectory. Try hitting with a little more clearence over the net.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 12:48:59 AM »
That dummy tells me keep the ball in play deep with spin, yah yah yah. I try that crap and get winners hit on me then I started driving the ball at a decent moderater speed of racket head and it worked but some balls where so hard that I couldn't hit any harder when the strings hit my racket and I'm using Big banger Luxilon with with the K-FED racket and my string is on 57 which is fine but I'm not sure what the problem is.. how do I get my forehand more consistent?
if u trying too much to get ur forehand back, just stop doing that.......take a break from tennis for exactly a week, don't even touch ur racket.......it ll be fine after that. just get back to what u were doing to play winning tennis, u ll urself find the big forehand. sometimes, advices of coaches don't work at all. a few days break from the game ll do real good....... 
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS