Author Topic: Roddick's skipping RG  (Read 4142 times)

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
Re: Roddick's skipping RG
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »

As I said, I thank Andy for not going to Roland Garros... because now Coria has replaced him. he has the chance than Andy (low chance, I mean) but he can really use it.

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »
It's pretty lame.  You have to ask yourself, would he pull out of Wimbledon or the USO with the same injury?  I seriously doubt it.   Either way, he had no shot in Paris.    

Well, since he 'had no shot' in Paris, I think it's the right thing to do to get ready for Wimbledon which is just around the corner.

Well Dallas, I think you have to hang in and go for the upset.  That's what competition is about, as I'm sure you know.  Just look at the NY Giants.  they had no shot in most people's eyes against the Cowgirls, now look at them.  Champs.  You've gotta' throw your cards on the table and give it all you have...

I hear what you're saying but the Giants are a "team" so if one person is 'off', someone else was there to pick them up.  You're on your own in tennis.  And if Roddick really is 'hurt', why risk the injury further by coming back too soon?  It could damage the rest of your year!

There's no correlation between the NY Giants and Roddick. Roddick is injured (at least by all accounts. It caused him to default in a MS Semifinal).

Come on now...you think that's a real injury?   
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2008, 01:59:53 PM »
It's pretty lame.  You have to ask yourself, would he pull out of Wimbledon or the USO with the same injury?  I seriously doubt it.   Either way, he had no shot in Paris.    

Well, since he 'had no shot' in Paris, I think it's the right thing to do to get ready for Wimbledon which is just around the corner.

Well Dallas, I think you have to hang in and go for the upset.  That's what competition is about, as I'm sure you know.  Just look at the NY Giants.  they had no shot in most people's eyes against the Cowgirls, now look at them.  Champs.  You've gotta' throw your cards on the table and give it all you have...

I hear what you're saying but the Giants are a "team" so if one person is 'off', someone else was there to pick them up.  You're on your own in tennis.  And if Roddick really is 'hurt', why risk the injury further by coming back too soon?  It could damage the rest of your year!

There's no correlation between the NY Giants and Roddick. Roddick is injured (at least by all accounts. It caused him to default in a MS Semifinal).

Come on now...you think that's a real injury?   

Actually, I do.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2008, 05:47:17 PM »

I am not sure. What exactly is the injury ? He had what, three weeks between that match in Rome and RG ? look at his description of the problem: the shoulder is only inflamed not even torn...

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2008, 06:07:35 PM »

I am not sure. What exactly is the injury ? He had what, three weeks between that match in Rome and RG ? look at his description of the problem: the shoulder is only inflamed not even torn...

I heard an MRI was done on it, and he was told to pass on Roland Garros. :dunno:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008, 06:58:14 PM »
Someone on MTF said it sounded like something new was found... in his right shoulder. his serving shoulder. :(
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 06:59:26 PM by blackgirltennis »

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2008, 07:00:51 PM »
Did the same article on the front page just say that it was a shoulder injury and then call it a back injury? 

Either way, I wonder if that picture perfect form on the serve has anything to do with it.  I have always said it will probably be the source of some pain in the future.

It will be a bummer to not have him at a slam.  When was the last time he actually missed a slam?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »
The 2001 AO.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2008, 07:35:33 PM »
Quite frankly, I never trust anything that is said by Andy or his team for public or fan consumption. One frequently comes across statements that were cleary disingenuous in the light of later knowledge whether they concern his game, his coaches, his medical condition, or even his romantic life. Its all PR.  ..-)
One can only go by what one sees and in the photo I saw he was clearly in pain in the right shoulder. We'll just have to wait to see how he looks on grass to know how serious it was.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2008, 07:37:18 PM »
Let's hope by the time we see grass that it will no longer be an issue for him!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
Let's hope by the time we see grass that it will no longer be an issue for him!

Yes, quite sincerely, I do too. Not everyone agrees, but I thought he was playing very well in Rome. Besides, I want to see him matched against some good competition at Cincinnati which is more than we will get in Washington at the Legg Mason.