Author Topic: Artie's Thread - MATCH HIGHLIGHTS and More  (Read 7227 times)

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
Artie's Thread - MATCH HIGHLIGHTS and More
« on: June 03, 2008, 09:52:49 PM »
Hello, everyone, I will be posting highlights that I make onto this thread. Suggestions and comments are welcome  :)

New Highlights:

2008 US Open Final - Federer vs. Murray
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XERXOPJF

Rapidshare:  http://rapidshare.com/files/147582304/federer.vs.murray.2008.usopen.highlights.avi.html

2008 Wimbledon - Federer vs. Hewitt
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GR0VBSD0 (61 mb)

2008 French Open (QF) - Federer vs. Gonzalez Highlights
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FUYUSOU0 (97 mb)

2008 French Open (R4) - Federer vs. Benneteau Highlights
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E12JQ3Y8 (120 mb)

2008 French Open (R3) - Federer vs. Ancic Highlights
part1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YHOW7VMA (80 mb)
part2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N1CQ1YDG (7 mb)

Highlights that I made earlier:

2005 Australian Open (SF) - Federer vs. Safin
sets 1-3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O0PQAK9A
sets 4-5: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OPKYNS2D

2004 Australian Open (Final) - Federer vs. Safin
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOUXABZ0

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:08:04 PM by xartiex »

Offline banks1987

• Tennis Enthusiast
Re: Artie's Thread - Highlights and More
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:36:03 PM »
xartiex the part 1 needs a special codec to work correctly? i have k-lite codec pack but it doesn't work fine for me. thanks!

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 12:06:44 AM »
xartiex the part 1 needs a special codec to work correctly? i have k-lite codec pack but it doesn't work fine for me. thanks!

Hmm, I have k-lite codec pack; I might have other codecs as well, I am not sure, but it works fine for me on Windows Media Player, VLC Player, and Media Player Classic. Let me know if you have any problems after trying these media players.

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »
Thank you SO MUCH!!! ://

I have been Federer highlight deprived for over 4 months until you created that sweet highlight (sound is a bit off but oh well)

Second point from the 7 mb file :  insane!!!

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
so... who's got dibs on the Fed Gonzo match today :)

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 03:11:27 PM »
so... who's got dibs on the Fed Gonzo match today :)

haha, I don't know yet. I will have to wait until I download the match files. I just finished watching the match on ESPN2. I will have the Fed vs. Bennetteau match highlights up though. And I'm glad you enjoyed those highlights, fgzhu88.  :)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 08:28:20 PM »
I'd do a Gulbis vs. Djoko highlights if I get my hands on the thing. Also, so are you using Solveig the proper way or did you find another alternative. Or are you doing the painful way of cutting snippets and saving each snippet as a file and then comibining the total 20-30 files?

oh and this goes without saying..

THANKS!!!  :thank-you: :toot: :toot:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:29:01 PM by pawan89 »

Offline TheBull

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 09:35:38 PM »
xartiex.. you are the man.. i wonder why people dont upload the highlights here anymore... Keep up the good work  ://

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 10:12:19 PM »
xartiex.. you are the man.. i wonder why people dont upload the highlights here anymore... Keep up the good work  ://

because no one makes them, or at least we dont know anyone who makes them. who used to make them doesn't seem to be making them anymore. and ever since Solveig messd up for me I haven't found a convenient way to make them yet. I definitely have to look into some way of doing it.

if anybody wants to give it a shot like xartiex is doing here please go ahead by all means. I'll try to contribute henceforth.

xartiex, I also have Avid DV if you are interested, its the version they used to give out for free long ago but stopped, its supposed to be good.

Offline Paraten

• Tennis Player
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 12:41:25 AM »
Thanks a million Xartiex!!  Much appreciated.  The quality is great, and the duration of the clip is fine too.  No problems playing the clips whatsoever. 

Claycourt tennis is immensely fun to watch when aggressive players are involved..or Nadal :))

Will you be doing any highlights of Fed/Gonzo as well as the upcoming Nadal/Djokovic SF which is sure to be a cracker?

Thx.

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 01:11:41 AM »
pawan89, I am using Solveig plugin in WMP, and joining them with a separate program, since I'm not sure i remember how to use the standalone program to join the files. Making highlights is difficult especially if I have to convert MP4 to AVI, and then I have problems with different audio and video sampling rates. But I am learning.  :)

Paraten, I might be doing Fed/Gonzo if I have time, unless someone else wants to do them.

And thanks for the comments, everyone! Keep an eye out for the Fed vs. Benneteau highlights!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 02:38:34 AM by xartiex »

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 02:47:44 AM »
Hi, I have an important question for you guys, please pay attention!

What exactly constitutes a highlight for you guys?
 -My criteria is this:
   -winners,
   -spectacular rallies, although some may end in UEs
   -there's more, I can't think specifically off the top of my head now, but here's where you guys can contribute.

My highlights of Federer vs. Benneteau are about 15 minutes long, so i am wondering whether I should prune out some points. But it's kinda hard to pick sometimes, especially when Benneteau is so consistent (which explains why he made it at least to the third round). I usually use my best judgment and pick out the good points to put into highlights, and leave it at that. It would be easier for me if I didn't have to spend too much time pruning out points, and just join together what I have. But I would like your input.  :)

Offline Paraten

• Tennis Player
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 03:14:14 AM »
Hi, I have an important question for you guys, please pay attention!

What exactly constitutes a highlight for you guys?
 -My criteria is this:
   -winners,
   -spectacular rallies, although some may end in UEs
   -there's more, I can't think specifically off the top of my head now, but here's where you guys can contribute.

Yes on winners, and yes spectacular rallies that may end in forced or unforced errors. 

Another thing I like is the highlight showing the crucial points (like set points & matchpoints) regardless if they're spectacular or not. 

And of course most importantly, no matter how lopsided the scorline, the highlight reel should be as balanced as possible.  That's easier said than done.  It doesn't have to be 50/50 but just as balanced as it can be given the scoreline.

Length usually isn't a big deal for me, and it's hard to say.  Really depends on the match.     

My highlights of Federer vs. Benneteau are about 15 minutes long, so i am wondering whether I should prune out some points. But it's kinda hard to pick sometimes, especially when Benneteau is so consistent (which explains why he made it at least to the third round). I usually use my best judgment and pick out the good points to put into highlights, and leave it at that. It would be easier for me if I didn't have to spend too much time pruning out points, and just join together what I have. But I would like your input.  :)

15 minutes does seem long, given it was a 6-4 7-5 7-5 victory for Federer.  But it's clay where the points are longer.  I wouldn't expect a 15-minute length if this match took place on grass.  I think it's fine.  Go with your instinct. 

Hope this helps!

Thx,
Paraten 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 03:15:45 AM by Paraten »

Offline sadi

• Tennis Addict
  • Poetry in motion
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 03:31:03 AM »
Thank you very much xartiex for the highlights.

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 02:49:28 PM »
Criteria for highlights:
- all winners
- service aces if it is a big point or if there is like 3 + in a row
- slomo replays on awesome shots (sometimes you can weed out the commentary/audience footage and cut straight to the winner)
- don't worry about lopsidedness, if it is a Federer match, his opponents won't have too many winners :)

I'll do either the match vs. Gonzo or the Monfils match depending on which one is more exciting.

Offline Federer's_footwork

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 04:52:50 PM »
Thank you very much for these highlights they are appreciated... I didnt see any of the Ancic match so the went down a treat. Cheers from the UK...
Seriously... those man bags of Federer's have GOT TO GO!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 05:22:45 PM »
Awesome, keep them coming!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 10:02:53 PM »
Just out of curiosity. Is there anyway to extract just the instrumentals from a mp3 soundtrack? like you know, I have an mp3 file but I don't want to singer singing the words, just the instrumental version of the song. Possible?

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 01:29:40 AM »
Just out of curiosity. Is there anyway to extract just the instrumentals from a mp3 soundtrack? like you know, I have an mp3 file but I don't want to singer singing the words, just the instrumental version of the song. Possible?

I've thought of doing that before, i'd say its possible, but i'm no expert. Best to stick with instrumentals of the songs themselves, if they happen to have them.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 01:32:36 AM »

I've thought of doing that before, i'd say its possible, but i'm no expert. Best to stick with instrumentals of the songs themselves, if they happen to have them.

I've been looking for something like that for years. I've had hints now and then of such software, but have never found it. I think it's just best to look for kareoke versions of songs, and use those.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)