Author Topic: Artie's Thread - MATCH HIGHLIGHTS and More  (Read 6876 times)

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
Re: Artie's Thread - Highlights and More
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 02:43:15 AM »
Federer vs. Benneteau highlights are now posted on the front page. Yes, I know it's 16 minutes long, but while I was uploading it, I could only think of maybe 1-2 minutes I could remove, so I didn't bother editing it. But look at it, and tell me if it's easy to remove about 5 minutes from that reel. Either way, enjoy! Again, comments and suggestions welcome!  :))

Offline Paraten

• Tennis Player
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 11:44:55 AM »
Can anybody please do highlights of the Nadal/Djokovic SF?  Apparently Nadal was uber-impressive.

Xartiex, thanks for the Federer/Benneteau clip but the quality does not appear to be as good as the previous Fed/Ancic clips.  The FPS rate seems relatively low...?  Otherwise it's a great reel, with some fantastic points!  I do not think it is too long at all. 

Thx,
Paraten.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:15:31 PM by Paraten »

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 12:30:03 PM »
just finished watching the Fed-Benneteau match.

WOW... Roger really stepped it up in the 3rd set.  Some vintage Federer magic :)

did anyone see the Federer Monfils match?  nbc was showing the taped Nadal Djoker match.  Pretty high quality tennis, but dwarfs in comparison to Federer matches.  One thing I did notice: Djokovic implements a very effective approach against Nadal, i.e. taking the ball on the rise aggressively.  But Nadal was just too good, pwning the Djoker with some sick spin.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:33:57 PM by fgzhu88 »

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 12:35:46 PM »
Can anybody please do highlights of the Nadal/Djokovic SF?  Apparently Nadal was uber-impressive.

Xartiex, thanks for the Federer/Benneteau clip but the quality does not appear to be as good as the previous Fed/Ancic clips.  The FPS rate seems relatively low...?  Otherwise it's a great reel, with some fantastic points!  I do not think it is too long at all. 

Thx,
Paraten.

Thanks, Paraten, for pointing out the FPS rate. I just checked and realized it was 15 fps  :confused1: Maybe I'll take a look at it and try to fix it.

Offline Paraten

• Tennis Player
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 12:44:13 PM »
Xartiex: Ok, no problem.

fgzhu88: I beg to differ.  As enjoyable as Federer is to watch on clay (& all surfaces), there's nothing like seeing Nadal play on clay.  He may not hit winners constantly or 'big' spectacular shots like Federer or Gonzalez, but the spin he employs is just sick, and he can hit the odd winner or unreturnable from impossible positions.   

IMO it doesn't get ANY better than watching Federer or Sampras on grass, Agassi on hardcourts & Nadal on clay.

How amazing would it be if Fed & Nadal meet in the Wim final again?  That'd definitely be a record for two players.

Anyway, if either of you guys could do Nadal vs. Djoker that'd be much appreciated.  Haven't seen anything from the King of Clay from this tournament.  Youtube doesn't do justice!

Thx,
Paraten. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:47:59 PM by Paraten »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 01:04:04 PM »

Thx,
Paraten.

Thanks, Paraten, for pointing out the FPS rate. I just checked and realized it was 15 fps  :confused1: Maybe I'll take a look at it and try to fix it.

I doubt you can fix it. Once you take frames out, you can't put them back. You need to find a better source.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 01:16:12 PM »

Thx,
Paraten.

I doubt you can fix it. Once you take frames out, you can't put them back. You need to find a better source.

You are right, dmast. I meant joining the files again under different settings. Unfortunately, for the free program that I used (the ONLY one that seemed to be able to join my files, unfortunately), I don't know where to set the fps output (if that program even has the setting). Seems like by default it comes out 15 fps.  :confused1: I just need a better program.

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 01:33:27 PM »
fgzhu88: I beg to differ.  As enjoyable as Federer is to watch on clay (& all surfaces), there's nothing like seeing Nadal play on clay.  He may not hit winners constantly or 'big' spectacular shots like Federer or Gonzalez, but the spin he employs is just sick, and he can hit the odd winner or unreturnable from impossible positions.   

IMO it doesn't get ANY better than watching Federer or Sampras on grass, Agassi on hardcourts & Nadal on clay.

How amazing would it be if Fed & Nadal meet in the Wim final again?  That'd definitely be a record for two players.

Anyway, if either of you guys could do Nadal vs. Djoker that'd be much appreciated.  Haven't seen anything from the King of Clay from this tournament.  Youtube doesn't do justice!

Thx,
Paraten. 

No doubt Nadal is the King of Clay (even if Federer manages to beat him tomorrow). I still enjoy watching Federer more as some of his shots are just sublime.  But Nadal just has this unbreakable fighting spirit that no one can match up to.

Just finished editing Nadal vs. Moya Chennai highlights, I will post it as soon as I find a good encode.
Don't worry, there will be more Nadal highlights to come (I will do hamburg, montecarlo, and maybe Sunday :))
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 01:34:35 PM by fgzhu88 »

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 01:42:43 PM »
hey fgzhu88, do you know what's the best video codec to use? (like when converting from MP4 to AVI), or just joining the highlight files together. Thanks!  :)

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 02:44:20 PM »
I know mp4 .h264 produces the best quality but I have not yet mastered it yet :(  if you want a taste, check out some of Ringworm's uploads on tennistorrents.

right now I use divX.  It only slightly reduces the quality, but it reduces the size (mb) quite significantly.
  From what I hear, xvid is very similar.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »
xartiex is the man!!! :worthy:

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »
xartiex is the man!!! :worthy:

haha, pawan89, it is you who helped me rediscover Solveig. we must buy it some flowers and chocolates  :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 06:23:17 PM »
I know mp4 .h264 produces the best quality but I have not yet mastered it yet :(  if you want a taste, check out some of Ringworm's uploads on tennistorrents.

right now I use divX.  It only slightly reduces the quality, but it reduces the size (mb) quite significantly.
  From what I hear, xvid is very similar.

I think it really depends on the source quality. Divx washes colors out some, but it's pretty good. But my TV isn't HD, so the source material sucks. If I had HD, I'd be able to produce pretty good vids with Divx.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »
hey fgzhu88, I have started on Fed vs. Gonzalez highlights, so go right ahead and make the Fed vs. Monfils match if you want. And check with pawan89, he might be doing nadal vs. djokovic.

Offline stealthsushi

• Tennis Player
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »
Thank you so much Xartiex! I love these highlights you have made. Keep up the awesome work!!

Offline Paraten

• Tennis Player
Re: Artie's Thread - French Open Highlights and More
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 03:38:59 AM »
The Fed/Gonzo highlight was great.  Great match.  It would've been a classic if Gonzo could've kept up his form & taken it to a fifth set.

I recall some yrs ago he took JCF all the way to 5 at RG.

Paraten.