Poll

which organization is better for tennis instructor certification?

USPTA
1 (25%)
PTR= professtional tennis registry
1 (25%)
ITF
1 (25%)
none of the above = go freelancing, independent
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 26, 2010, 09:36:50 PM

Author Topic: USPTA or PTR  (Read 11340 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
USPTA or PTR
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 08:44:10 AM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
Quote from: "junbug300"
hello people.... update. i am now certified as an associate instructor with the PTR :uh: given the limited time to prepare. i'm satisfied with the result. to make it to instructor would be a stretch, professional... a miracle. if any of you are rated @ 4.0 or over and have some sort of teaching experience... give it a shot. :H

Congrats junbug300! Awesome for you!    :H     I have thought more recently about something tennis related in my future (more than now I mean). I just have to find the area I want to get involved in..............if I do at all. I am happy with my gig now but I love me some tennis! "

Thanks for the confusion Dmast?   ..-)  :)~

I too have been poking around looking for that kind of gig. I love traveling and love tennis. What could be better? But I taught tennis about 10 years ago, and, while I feel I have the knowledge and abilty to teach (and love to teach), I don't have the ability to translate my love for the sport and make it interesting to someone who is maybe on the verge of loving or even liking tennis. Being a bit of a nerd, I am pretty dry and uninteresting with it. So I never really persued it after a couple years.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
USPTA or PTR
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"
Quote from: "junbug300"
hello people.... update. i am now certified as an associate instructor with the PTR :uh: given the limited time to prepare. i'm satisfied with the result. to make it to instructor would be a stretch, professional... a miracle. if any of you are rated @ 4.0 or over and have some sort of teaching experience... give it a shot. :H

Congrats junbug300! Awesome for you!    :H     I have thought more recently about something tennis related in my future (more than now I mean). I just have to find the area I want to get involved in..............if I do at all. I am happy with my gig now but I love me some tennis! "

Thanks for the confusion Dmast?   ..-)  :)~

I too have been poking around looking for that kind of gig. I love traveling and love tennis. What could be better? But I taught tennis about 10 years ago, and, while I feel I have the knowledge and abilty to teach (and love to teach), I don't have the ability to translate my love for the sport and make it interesting to someone who is maybe on the verge of loving or even liking tennis. Being a bit of a nerd, I am pretty dry and uninteresting with it. So I never really persued it after a couple years.

Kudos for recognizing the inner truths!   :)

Offline junbug300

• Tennis Enthusiast
Re: USPTA or PTR
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 06:58:22 PM »
I'm going to try for the USPTA certification in the spring. might be able to get in a club a lot easier even though it's a weekend gig.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 09:48:07 AM »
I'm going to try for the USPTA certification in the spring. might be able to get in a club a lot easier even though it's a weekend gig.
How's the PTR thing going?  Are you currently giving lessons?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline junbug300

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 07:00:13 PM »
yes i am :whistle:

Offline philparrish12

• New Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »
PTR is better in my opinion.  They do workshops w leaders who train and get to know the group all weekend followed by testing on the end part of the day or weekend.   I have not joined USPTA, however they do a testing environment the whole time.

Am certified in 3 pathways as Instructor and getting my 4th score soon for PTR

I am a head professional.