Author Topic: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)  (Read 93046 times)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)
« Reply #1060 on: September 19, 2011, 09:06:22 AM »
Love it!

You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1061 on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:50 AM »
Picture time, no? If all fails, then Andy can most certainly take up his career as a model, yes?

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #1062 on: September 20, 2011, 11:26:46 PM »
I gotta agree with you there Props.
Andy's (not Roddick) negative attitude only detracts from his game.
He has some great tools and could probably use 1 more, but until he has a better self-image, winning a slam is a Herculean challenge.
It's curious that you contrast Murray with Roddick.. Both have come up short in a few Grand Slam finals.. However, each reacts to pressure in opposite ways.. With Roddick, the skills are bright but limited while Murray has an array to choose from.. Under pressure, Roddick gets extroverted while the Scot vents his frustrations on himself, his team, etc. From a psychological point of view, Murray's troubles are not unlike Nole's, till last season, when a blip during a game could turn into a landslide.. In the slams, against the top dogs, Murray lacks 'stick-ability', the ability to stay within touching distance of your opponent, when the chips are down, when the opponent is dictating play, when you are not playing your best.. I hope I make sense..  :Confused: Still, Murray is a very good player and I respect his skills..

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1063 on: September 21, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »
He has some great tools and could probably use 1 more, but until he has a better self-image, winning a slam is a Herculean challenge.
It's curious that you contrast Murray with Roddick.. Both have come up short in a few Grand Slam finals.. However, each reacts to pressure in opposite ways.. With Roddick, the skills are bright but limited while Murray has an array to choose from.. Under pressure, Roddick gets extroverted while the Scot vents his frustrations on himself, his team, etc. From a psychological point of view, Murray's troubles are not unlike Nole's, till last season, when a blip during a game could turn into a landslide.. In the slams, against the top dogs, Murray lacks 'stick-ability', the ability to stay within touching distance of your opponent, when the chips are down, when the opponent is dictating play, when you are not playing your best.. I hope I make sense..  :Confused: Still, Murray is a very good player and I respect his skills..
Roddick is an one dimensional player. He was lucky to win that USO title. SERVE, SERVE, SERVE BS from Roddick. That's all he knows. Murray is more versatile. Murray has not won a slam but he troubles everyone on the tour including Nole, Rafa and Roger.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1064 on: September 21, 2011, 01:18:10 PM »
Roddick is an one dimensional player. He was lucky to win that USO title. SERVE, SERVE, SERVE BS from Roddick. That's all he knows. Murray is more versatile. Murray has not won a slam but he troubles everyone on the tour including Nole, Rafa and Roger.

Actually Federer is also one dimensional. If you see his game for a while you get so use to it that you can almost always predict it. Besides, it is still early to predict Murray's game when all others turned pro much before him. Roger in 1998, Nadal in 2001, Nole in 2003 and Murray in 2005. Even if some of them are of same age, age in tennis is very different than that. Tennis years are very much based on the year they turn pro. Nadal won his first slam outside RG in 2008. Nole waited three long years to get his 2nd and Federer waited 5+ years to get his first. And they all had a very nice break along the way beating no names in the finals that were either novice or never won a Slam before and probably never will (2 of them are already out of the picture) - unlike Murray, who has to beat at least 2 of the top players in order to get 1 Slam and these very players have 30 slams among them. None of those top players had to deal with three top players and the pressure he has. It's easy to judge him of course without considering any of those Ė never mind who turned pro when.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:20:15 PM by Emma »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1065 on: September 22, 2011, 08:22:47 AM »
Andy is making a career move....to gasp! ... acting!

From Facebook:

"Iím on the new series of A League Of Their Own on SKY 1 HD which starts October 7th. They recorded it yesterday, very funny ... "

Offline jesse james

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #1066 on: September 22, 2011, 09:57:28 AM »
Well said.
I think the contrast and comparison with Roddick is interesting.  Thereís a huge gulf in their respective skills,
though ironically Roddick does at least have a slam to show for his trouble. 

I am a lighthouse worn by the weather and the waves
And though I'm empty I still warn the sailors on their way

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1067 on: September 22, 2011, 11:47:44 AM »
Roddick turned pro in 1998. That's 13 years ago. He won his one and only slam in 2003. I respect his effort but he was an opportunitist. Andy is not even half way through his career.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1068 on: September 22, 2011, 12:32:15 PM »
Roddick turned pro in 1998. That's 13 years ago. He won his one and only slam in 2003. I respect his effort but he was an opportunitist. Andy is not even half way through his career.
you are right. I just don't like his game. I don't like his personality either. He could be funny sometimes but meh.  Murray will end up having a much better career than Roddick.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1069 on: September 23, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »
you are right. I just don't like his game. I don't like his personality either. He could be funny sometimes but meh.  Murray will end up having a much better career than Roddick.

I really hope so. His resume already looks better than Roddick even without the slam but the problem isnít there. The problem is, given his status, he was supposed to do a lot more already, as in, let's say have 2/3 slams in the bag by now, but he's still awaiting his first slam. And sometimes, it seems, he may have to just settle with 1 slam as opposed to as many as possible. In that sense, time is sort of running out on him. He's still fresher of the four so who knows. Nole is definitely a late bloomer so Andy could be even later. Would have been nice though had Andy managed to win a few with the top guys still around and in their prime. It makes it all the more worthwhile. Nole definitely feels quite special I am sure. Wish Andy was Scott only, really. Could have done so without the unnecessary pressure.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1070 on: September 26, 2011, 07:46:56 PM »
Mr. Murray arrives in Thailand.  :wub:

PTT Thailand Open 2011 Andy Murray CH5

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1071 on: September 26, 2011, 11:55:17 PM »

I really hope so. His resume already looks better than Roddick even without the slam but the problem isnít there. The problem is, given his status, he was supposed to do a lot more already, as in, let's say have 2/3 slams in the bag by now, but he's still awaiting his first slam. And sometimes, it seems, he may have to just settle with 1 slam as opposed to as many as possible. In that sense, time is sort of running out on him. He's still fresher of the four so who knows. Nole is definitely a late bloomer so Andy could be even later. Would have been nice though had Andy managed to win a few with the top guys still around and in their prime. It makes it all the more worthwhile. Nole definitely feels quite special I am sure. Wish Andy was Scott only, really. Could have done so without the unnecessary pressure.
Andy will win a major. I hate to say this but Americans tend to be bullies in this world. They should stop being the world police.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1072 on: September 28, 2011, 07:29:49 AM »
Mr. Murray says Hi...

Andy Murray says hi to Thai fans in PTT Thailand Open 2011

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1073 on: September 28, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »
he looks better with a short hair. I like it  :)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1074 on: September 28, 2011, 07:19:21 PM »

I like it but I really, really like his short curls. Every night I go to bed and pray, God, please please please tell him to grow his curl back a bit. I really like him that way.

I mean look at my avatar. That's exactly what I want back.

I really think Andy is the sexiest man on the tour. He's got a really nice body and a very sexy voice. If only he'd grow that lovely curl back.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1075 on: September 28, 2011, 11:40:10 PM »

I like it but I really, really like his short curls. Every night I go to bed and pray, God, please please please tell him to grow his curl back a bit. I really like him that way.

I really think Andy is the sexiest man on the tour. He's got a really nice body and a very sexy voice. If only he'd grow that lovely curl back.
How do we fix Nole's hair. I want him to be curly too  :rofl_2:.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1076 on: September 30, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »

How do we fix Nole's hair. I want him to be curly too  :rofl_2:.

He'd look like a squirrel if he were to grow his hair.  :)~

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1077 on: September 30, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »
An interview with the Great Murray.  :wub:

ANdy Murray Interview PTT Thailand OPen 2011

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1078 on: September 30, 2011, 12:44:20 PM »
Murrya took care of CP of Fed today. Simon is next. He wants to win this. I say why not.  :)>>>>

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1079 on: September 30, 2011, 01:21:57 PM »
Murrya took care of CP of Fed today. Simon is next. He wants to win this. I say why not.  :)>>>>
I think he will.