Author Topic: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)  (Read 88695 times)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Re: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)
« Reply #340 on: August 30, 2008, 01:17:21 PM »
Not looking good thus far I'm afraid to say...

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2008, 01:27:20 PM »
Not looking good thus far I'm afraid to say...

It's still early.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2008, 06:19:12 PM »
3 hours and 52 minutes Murray wins  ..-)  ..-)

Sunday stroll approach by Andy and his camp

Quit the silly bicep show please, it's getting boring and very silly

Work on 2nd serve  :whistle:  :whistle:

Quit playing doubles in GS

Instead of laughing at Andys disturbing behaviour on court, try looking disgusted (Murrays yes men camp)  :)>>>>

Fed up of hearing "what a great comeback" - he shouldn't have put himself in that position in the 1st place, far to bl@@dy passive, sunday stroll attitude  :)>>>>

If his opponet was fitter and more mentally strong Andy would have lost that match in 3 sets

Pathetic
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2008, 11:29:24 PM »
Dogged Murray survives huge scare 

Murray was frustrated by Melzer for large parts of the match
British number one Andy Murray teetered on the brink of defeat before coming back to beat Jurgen Melzer 6-7 (5-7) 4-6 7-6 (7-5) 6-1 6-3 at the US Open.

Sixth seed Murray was two points from a dismal third-round exit before edging the third-set tie-break, snatching it with a drilled backhand down the line.

Murray, who had cut an increasingly frustrated figure, raced through the fourth set as Melzer saved his energy.

But Murray grabbed the crucial break at 3-3 and his superior fitness told.

"He was playing awesome, hitting the ball so hard and flat," a relieved Murray said afterwards.

"It was so tough for me to get a rhythm, but I felt after the third set, the momentum was with me.

"My fitness is something I've worked so hard on. Ideally, you'd rather not play matches of that length, but sometimes it happens. You've got to get through it."

Murray's fourth-round opponent is 10th seed Stanislas Wawrinka, who also flirted with a shock defeat before beating Flavio Cipolla in five sets.

While Murray beat the Swiss number two earlier this year, the Briton's form in New York is hardly cause for confidence.
After barely breaking sweat in his opening-round win, the 21-year-old struggled past Michael Llodra and found himself in dire straits against Melzer.

But Murray insisted he had not underestimated the world number 48.

"The guy played great. It happens sometimes. I'm not that good of a player that I can just blitz guys," he said.

"I said it was going to be a difficult match, and he's very talented. He's given top guys a lot of problems in the past."

Murray played a good opening set, but failed to take his chances.

Twice he had set points at 6-5 but Melzer first delivered a brave backhand down the line and then hammered down a huge serve which Murray could not return.

Murray had chances in the tie-break, taking a 4-3 lead, but it was Melzer who snatched it with a well-placed drop shot which his opponent could do nothing with.

The second set followed a similar pattern, with Murray forging four opportunities to break but taking none.

At 2-2 and break point down, Melzer flung himself at a forehand which Murray was convinced landed long - but with Hawk-Eye unavailable on Grandstand, the Scot had no way of proving it and he was left seething.  606: DEBATE
Murray won the mental game

chumbawumba2

By contrast, Melzer, whose brutal hitting frequently had Murray on the back foot, earned his first break point of the match at 5-4, and took it when Murray sent a backhand volley into the tramlines.

The British number one was, by now, fuming, constantly directing his ire at his support camp, his shoulders slumped.

But he somehow rallied, firing a backhand return down the line to break for the first time - at the 10th opportunity - to take a 3-2 lead.

He could not hang on, though, as a miserable drop shot handed the break back as he served for the set, and he looked to be heading for the exit as an ace gave Melzer a 5-4 lead in the tie-break.

But Murray's serve, which would become an increasingly potent weapon as the match progressed, got him out of trouble, with two huge first deliveries giving him set point before a backhand winner earned him the set.

Having been so close to a superb win, the big-hitting Melzer tired in the fourth set, allowing it to slip away easily once he had been broken early.

The Austrian mustered one final challenge when he carved out two break points at 2-1 but Murray hammered down two massive serves and escaped.

And once Murray broke at 3-3, the energy drained from Melzer and the Briton finally sealed victory after three hours and 52 minutes.

Murray celebrated by showing off his biceps as he did after recovering from two sets down against Richard Gasquet at Wimbledon earlier this year.

That win was followed by a chastening defeat by eventual champion Rafael Nadal. Murray will hope history does not repeat itself when he faces Wawrinka.

There was more good news for the Murray family when Andy's older brother Jamie and mixed doubles partner Liezel Huber upset sixth seeds Kveta Peschke and Pavel Vizner 7-5 6-3 in the second round.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #344 on: August 30, 2008, 11:31:46 PM »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2008, 12:28:02 AM »
wow, I thought his arms were skinny  :lmao:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2008, 09:40:52 AM »

I think that arm helped V Melzer.Murray bomed down some power serve V Melzer,when things were not looking good.138 mph for Murray is big & helped save the day in that one.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #347 on: August 31, 2008, 11:21:57 AM »

I think that arm helped V Melzer.Murray bomed down some power serve V Melzer,when things were not looking good.138 mph for Murray is big & helped save the day in that one.

Alex on imageshack its wants you 2 be a member 2 see the pics  :( Any links that you dont need 2 be a member.As i dont want to pay,Subscribe to ImageShack
for $8/month.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 11:22:41 AM by sid »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #348 on: August 31, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »

Alex on imageshack its wants you 2 be a member 2 see the pics  :( Any links that you dont need 2 be a member.As i dont want to pay,Subscribe to ImageShack
for $8/month.

Sid, it's free. You don't even need to register I think.

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2008, 02:42:40 PM »
Wow, those are some big guns.
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »
too much time on the court will be his doom, if he can't finish Stan the Man in three quick sets, is all over for even if he wins!

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #351 on: August 31, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »
too much time on the court will be his doom, if he can't finish Stan the Man in three quick sets, is all over for even if he wins!

Someone with brains  :whistle:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #352 on: August 31, 2008, 05:44:40 PM »

Is this the arm thats gonna beat Rafa  ;-()

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #353 on: August 31, 2008, 05:59:10 PM »
:rofl_2:

Remember how you wanted me to delete anything in the Novak thread that isn't "good" publicity towards him? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #354 on: August 31, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
Let's see what sid thinks of that picture.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #355 on: August 31, 2008, 09:40:14 PM »

Remember how you wanted me to delete anything in the Novak thread that isn't "good" publicity towards him? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Dallas if we are going to have these on Murray,please post the same in the Novak thread on him.Lets see how Alex like them :whistle: What goes around comes around. :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #356 on: August 31, 2008, 09:51:37 PM »
sid, you're welcome to post some in the Novak thread...but since Novak is really in a battle right now, let's wait to see what happens in the match before we give Alex a hard time.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #357 on: August 31, 2008, 09:56:17 PM »
sid, you're welcome to post some in the Novak thread...but since Novak is really in a battle right now, let's wait to see what happens in the match before we give Alex a hard time.

Ok Dallas i made one post,but as you say lets see what happens.LOL before these pics i wanted Novak 2 win :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #358 on: September 01, 2008, 12:38:25 AM »

Dallas if we are going to have these on Murray,please post the same in the Novak thread on him.Lets see how Alex like them :whistle: What goes around comes around. :))

Sorry Sid, I tried to remove Murray's pics ,

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #359 on: September 01, 2008, 09:24:07 AM »
Now if you REALLY want that picture removed, I can do it... but let me know.