Author Topic: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)  (Read 89440 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)
« Reply #420 on: September 07, 2008, 10:11:19 PM »
Australian Open Andy has only 5pts to defend,a good run there Andy will add loads more points to what he has from USO.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #421 on: September 07, 2008, 10:14:06 PM »
Australian Open Andy has only 5pts to defend,a good run there Andy will add loads more points to what he has from USO.

True..that could be very good fresh start for Andy  ;-() And hope for Tommy too as he didn't play...
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #422 on: September 07, 2008, 10:46:16 PM »

True..that could be very good fresh start for Andy  ;-() And hope for Tommy too as he didn't play...

Should be a good fresh start for Andy @the AO,Tommy did great m8 V Gasquet.If Tommy can move his ranking up he get some kinder draws.Tommy was out a lot last year,so i think he will move up the rankings next year.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #423 on: September 08, 2008, 12:24:29 AM »
Congrats to Andy last night and I'm very happy for his huge fans here! He played a fantastic match there last night when you consider how hard Rafa came at Andy once the match resumed. The quality was just something else and when Rafa got up a break in the 4th it seemed it was going to a dramatic 5th set. But Andy stepped it up and hit Rafa hard again and got the job done. I don't think I've seen Murray move as well or hit the ball as cleanly as what he did these past 2 days. This should be a great final with Fed!!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline fantennistic

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #424 on: September 08, 2008, 12:40:43 AM »
Congrats to Andy last night and I'm very happy for his huge fans here! He played a fantastic match there last night when you consider how hard Rafa came at Andy once the match resumed. The quality was just something else and when Rafa got up a break in the 4th it seemed it was going to a dramatic 5th set. But Andy stepped it up and hit Rafa hard again and got the job done. I don't think I've seen Murray move as well or hit the ball as cleanly as what he did these past 2 days. This should be a great final with Fed!!

I just hope he doesn't suffer a let-down after his first winin 6 attempts over Rafa.

Anyways I have my money on Andy. After-all he owns 2-1 recored over Roger.

:)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #425 on: September 08, 2008, 02:51:51 AM »

Chris iv only seen Andy play as well or better once.Iv just been re watching when Andy played Roger in Dubai.Shots once the ball was in play were very even to the USO V Nadal.But in Dubai V roger Andy served better than @ the USO V Nadal.I think Andy has a bit more in the tank,on serve if needed in %.The Nadal match kind of reminded me of that match V roger in Dubai.Andy will need to up his serve if Roger can play like when he lost in Dubai 2 Andy.So far here i dont think Roger is playing as hot as he did in Dubai.You never know with Roger he might just find that game.If both guys play like the Dubai match,your see a out of this world USO final whoever wins.Good luck Andy in the final.Could we have our first winner @ the USO since 1936 ://
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:53:19 AM by sid »

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #426 on: September 08, 2008, 06:54:06 AM »

I just hope he doesn't suffer a let-down after his first winin 6 attempts over Rafa.

Anyways I have my money on Andy. After-all he owns 2-1 recored over Roger.

I can't imagine why anyone would be surprised that Andy beat Rafa at the USO!  Murray had given Rafa more than one tough test and they played one 5-setter (I forgot where  :Blush:) that was one of the best matches I've ever seen. Rafa needs more time than the USO court allows, so I'm not surprised he lost. He's definitely improved his USO performance but has more work to do.  It will be interesting to see how the other hard court tourney's play out next year with several "contenders".  Next year's pick 'ems are gonna be tough calls.  I hope we get a calendar soon... get geared up!

Right now, I'm very happy for Murray. If he doesn't beat my boy too bad or too often,  ;-() I can remain pleasant and he's my #2 guy!

I forgot to mention that I like Andy's attitude in general, he seems to be a pretty nice guy and his mom, Judy, supportive of her son without being a tennis mom b*tch.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 06:55:33 AM by yellowball »

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #427 on: September 08, 2008, 10:09:22 AM »
Go Andy!!! Great performance the last couple of days, and what really impresses me is the fact he was able to keep the standard high over 2 days, which shows he has a great future aead of him. I can definitely see him getting as high as 2 in the world in his career.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #428 on: September 08, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »
Go Andy!!! Great performance the last couple of days, and what really impresses me is the fact he was able to keep the standard high over 2 days, which shows he has a great future aead of him. I can definitely see him getting as high as 2 in the world in his career.

Not quite going for Andy  ;-()
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #429 on: September 08, 2008, 06:59:17 PM »
I really thought he'd win  :(  I didn't get to see the match...

Vamos, Andy, you'll get 'im next time!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #430 on: September 08, 2008, 07:12:50 PM »

Fingers crossed if both guys meet,roger was the better man today.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #431 on: September 08, 2008, 07:30:57 PM »
US Open

Final result:

R FEDERER (Swi) bt A MURRAY (GB)

6-2 7-5 6-2

LATEST ACTION (all times BST)
 606: DEBATE
Your thoughts on the action
To get involved use 606 or text us your views & comments on 81111. (Not all contributions can be used)

By Caroline Cheese 

0025: I know it wasn't the result many of you were hoping for, but you have to give it to King Fed. The Swiss mister showed flashes of genius tonight and Murray - only 24 hours after beating the world number one - wasn't quite there. Lay off him, though. No one beats Nadal and Federer in the same tournament. It's tennis law. Murray will win a Grand Slam title. There, I said it. Thanks for your company tonight. Off to bed with you.

0021: "As much as I love Murray's style of play, Federer deserved to win it tonight for his overall performance over the past fortnight, but Andy'll be back I'm sure."
xenosys2005 on 606
Join the debate on 606

0019: Rog has won a car for his efforts but I think he's more bothered by getting his hands on that sparkly trophy. For the fifth year in a row, Federer is the US Open champion. He is the first man in history to win both the Wimbledon and US Open titles five times in a row and the first since 1924 to win five on the trot in New York.

0018: Here comes "history-making Roger Federer", as he is introduced by our super-enthusiastic announcer. "It definitely feels great," says Rog. "After this year, to take this home is incredible. It means the world to me. I'm not going to stop at 13 - that would be terrible! I congratulate Andy - he's done great these last two weeks. I'm sure we're going to see a lot more of him in the future."

0015: Andy Murray gives the crowd a forlorn wave as he comes to collect his runners-up trophy. "I had a great tournament but I came up against, in my opinion, the best player ever to play the game today. I got the better of him the last two times and he definitely set the record straight today. I've learnt I've got a lot of improving to do if I want to win one of these things. I love playing in front of this crowd - it's been the best time of my life."

0012: The Stars and Stripes are waving in the Arthur Ashe Stadium, along with the flags of Switzerland and Great Britain - which still looks rather nice actually. Bit of bla-bla to go before we get to the presentation.

0011: "Not too shabby from Fed. Great to see him get number five, well-deserved, and a nice cap on what has been for him a disappointing hard-court run. Murray very gracious, and gave it a good go, coming back from what looked like being blanked in the third."
Im_partial on 606
Join the debate on 606

0009: Federer's experience told in that final, the world number two delivering when it counted - in particular in that closely-fought second set. Murray couldn't quite produce his best, but not many players do in their first Grand Slam final. He will be back.

0007: "Federer was simply awesome. Unlucky Andy, you have a lot of years ahead of you."
Andrew, Edinburgh, via text on 81111

Murray 2-6 5-7 2-6 Federer
Murray refuses to concede defeat and is fuming as he puts a lob narrowly long. Federer's forehand puts him two points away from the title - but Murray responds with a sizzling backhand down the line and Fed sees his forehand go wide after hitting the tape. An errant backhand gives Murray game point but Fed pounces on a weak second serve to make it deuce and a Murray error gives Fed his first championship point. Two brave, brilliant volleys from Murray save it but Fed earns another with a brutal backhand. The crowd don't want this to end - but it has. Murray scampers around the back of the court sending up lob after lob but Fed puts him away in the end, falling onto the court as he celebrates his 13th Grand Slam title, his first for a year and his fifth US Open in a row.

2358: "Federer has been top class but you can't help but feel like Murray's time is yet to come in the sport."
Anon via text on 81111

Murray 2-6 5-7 2-5 Federer
Hold the back page. Murray powers away a forehand winner to bring up a break point and then a searing return makes Fed net. Who wrote him off? Come on, own up.

Murray 2-6 5-7 1-5 Federer
Three cheers. Murray gets a huge roar from the crowd as he puts in a massive effort to hold serve for the first time in the set.

2352: "I think Roger will pass Pete Sampras' record of 14 Grand Slams now. I can't see how he won't get two more in the rest of his career."
Jeff Tarango on BBC Radio 5 Live

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-5 Federer
The crowd aren't enjoying this much. Murray looks completely spent. Federer, though, deserves all the praise in the world. Grand Slam number 13 is a game away.

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-4 Federer
I can't watch. A double fault puts Federer 0-30 up and a poor backhand into the net gives the world number two three break points. Murray trots to the net in very unconvincing fashion and doesn't seem at all surprised to see the backhand flashing past him. This could be over very quickly.

2346: "Unfortunately, Federer really seems to have got his game back together at the moment. Nadal wouldn't have had any answer for this either."
cilurnum on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-3 Federer
Murray looks to bounce back, engaging Federer in a mesmerising rally from the baseline - but then ruins all his good work by belting a backhand long. No matter, a sizzling forehand forces Federer into his zillionth volley error of the match. The world number two survives from deuce, but good battling from Murray.

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-2 Federer
Federer plays Murray at his own game, a delicate drop shot leaving his opponent flat-footed. Federer places a simple pass cross-court to bring up three break points. Murray puts a tame forehand into the net and that's a break to love. The 21-year-old now has a mountain ahead of him - and he looks far too weary to climb it.

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-1 Federer
Just three sets, Andy, just three. Fed holds to 15.

SECOND SET

2335: "My days!!! Roger just played the best game ever man!! Whoa!!!"
intellectualAdam on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 2-6 5-7 Federer
Good start from Federer, whipping a forehand into the corner to make it 0-15, and it gets better, the champion finally nailing a decent volley. Murray's first serve deserts him at the worst possible time and Federer chip-charges to bring up three set points. An absolutely scintillating rally ends with Federer chasing down a drop shot and sending his forehand down the line. The world number two punches the air with delight - and I think he senses title number five.

2330: "Come on Murray, do it for us people on night shifts... You're adding a lot of fun to a very tedious work place! I cant think of anything better than seeing you wipe the smile off that smug Federer's face!"
Laura, Ipswich, via text on 81111

Murray 2-6 5-6 Federer
Murray wins the point of the match so far, running back to collect a Federer lob before rocking the world number two with a brutal forehand onto the baseline. He had no right to win that point. Fed shanks a backhand and that's 30-30. Murray's return is called long - to gasps from the crowd - but the Brit doesn't challenge. Strange.

Murray 2-6 5-5 Federer
Murray batters his head with his racquet after a loose forehand into the trams on the first point, but the British number one recovers brilliantly with a backhand winner. Federer goes walkabout again and that allows Murray to come through quite comfortably.

Murray 2-6 4-5 Federer
At 15-15, Murray steps in for a forehand with the whole court at his mercy - but blasts it long. Murray responds with a brilliant cross-court pass, although Fed's approach shot was poor, but the champion hangs on and the pressure is right back on the Brit now.

2318: "How about printing a message from a Federer fan for a change? Come on Roger - you're the best there's ever been!"
Anon via text on 81111

Murray 2-6 4-4 Federer
During that changeover, the crowd are treated to pictures of actress Charlize Theron snogging her boyfriend on the big screen. Back to the tennis though. Murray is still clutching his knee from time to time, but he's keeping his focus. The 21-year-old races into a 40-0 lead before taking it to 15 with a second-serve ace.

2314: "I think Andy is figuring it out..."
mexito on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 2-6 3-4 Federer
Murray attacks the Federer forehand and is rewarded when the ball hits the net. That's 15-30 but he then shanks a forehand disastrously. "Noooooooooo," screams the Scot. Fed gets the forehand back on track and the second seed sneaks ahead in the set again.

Murray 2-6 3-3 Federer
Murray clutches his knee and hops about a bit after every point. Bit worrying. Still, the Brit holds to 15 - in part thanks to another shocker of a volley from Federer. The world number two looks like he has never been to net.

2306: "Murray needs to stay positive. He missed a few break points but if they keep coming, he'll get one. He just needs to concentrate on popping in a few big serves as he has done in the last few service games."
Pat Cash on BBC Radio 5 Live

Murray 2-6 2-3 Federer
Federer goes spectacularly off the boil. He puts a routine backhand volley in the net and that's three more break points for Murray. Fed, though, comes right back. Powering groundstrokes onto the baseline, he saves the first two before somehow winning the third despite some very shaky volleying. The defending champion survives by the skin of his teeth. Might be a very big game that.

Murray 2-6 2-2 Federer
Billie Jean King, wearing some delightful 60s-style sunglasses, is studiously reading something. Shame. She's missing some good tennis here. Murray seems to have come to the party, while Federer is still showing flashes of brilliance. Murray polishes off the game with the old one-two: a big serve and the easy put-away off the short ball.

Murray 2-6 1-2 Federer
Hello. Hello! Welcome to the US Open final, Andy Murray. He steps in to spank a forehand return cross-court and then hammers a backhand so hard that Fed nets his volley. Break back.

2252: "Murray hangs in. That's what he does very well - and Federer will miss a few balls. He's not superhuman anymore."

Murray 2-6 0-2 Federer
The crowd have gone a bit quiet and you sense that if Murray can find some inspiration, they might just get behind the Brit. Federer, though, just looks awesome. He races into a 0-30 lead on the Murray serve and it's almost a shock when Fed sticks a backhand wide. Murray clenches his fist as he forces another error, but then a shanked forehand lets Fed back in. A couple of deuces later, Murray nets a simple forehand and it's break point Fed. The baseline rally ends with Federer whipping a stunning forehand cross-court. It's just too good.

Murray 2-6 0-1 Federer
Murray's head is dropping. A man with a Union Jack painted on his face looks on with concern. Worrying times these. Unless you're Roger Federer. The champ rises gloriously to put away the smash and that's a love service game.

2242: "I wouldn't want to be a teacher in Scotland tomorrow because there are going to be a lot of tired kids because this is going all the way! Come on Andy."
Anon via text on 81111

2241: "Murray played the first set like someone who played yesterday and has only had 24 hours off."

FIRST SET

Murray 2-6 Federer
The crowd are definitely behind the artist formerly known as King Fed, but they may swing the other way if this continues. Two stinging forehands have Murray rocking and that's two set points for the world number two. Yet another forehand hammer forces another Murray error and that's the first gone in 26 minutes.

2237: "No-one can live with Federer when he plays this well, not even Nadal. It's just too good."
Manufan87 on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 2-5 Federer
Bad news Murray fans, Federer looks good. Very good. He shows how confident he is by charging to the net and driving a volley cross-court. Murray manages to get it back to 40-30 but Federer bangs down a first serve and all of a sudden, he's a game away from the first set.

Murray 2-4 Federer
Uh-oh. Murray goes for a big second serve, but it's just long and his first double-fault of the match gives Fed a 0-30 lead. Federer goes long with a forehand but when Murray nets a routine backhand, it gives the world number two his second and third break points of the match. Going for the big winner, Murray sends a forehand into the trams. HawkEye agrees with the linesman's call and it's first blood to Fed.

2228: "Well 50 years I've been watching tennis, seen Tim and Greg come and go, I didn't think I would see another Brit in the final before the end of my time, COME ON!!"
Anon via text on 81111

Murray 2-3 Federer
"Federer's hitting the ball very hard," comments a colleague. Devastating analysis. The hard-hitting Federer is winning most of the baseline exchanges for the moment and his serve is looking top-notch too. An easy hold for the Swiss mister.

Murray 2-2 Federer
Federer steps it up, sending a rasping forehand onto the baseline before some brilliant reactions at the net make it 15-30. The world number two is unlucky to see a backhand clip the net and drop wide but after a brutal baseline rally, Murray is the first to blink, mis-hitting a forehand to give Fed a break point. Brave stuff from Murray though, rocking Fed with a deep forehand.

2220: "Federer is just too talented for Murray. The match is on Federer's racket."
cheeryBerbatovRules on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 1-2 Federer
Federer moves into position to spank a forehand down the line - but Murray scampers over and incredibly loops the pass cross-court. That makes it 30-30 but a big serve helps Federer out and Murray nets a backhand.

Murray 1-1 Federer
Murray loses the first point with an errant backhand but there's no sign of panic. Two service winners - including his first ace - get him back on track and a cross-court forehand pass takes him to game point. Fed goes just wide. Good start from the Brit.

Murray 0-1 Federer
Fed opens up with two winning first serves before Murray puts a tame return into the net. The world number two seals the game with an effortless backhand winner. Not bad, not bad.

2212: Off we go then. Murray will receive the Federer serve.

2211: Half the crowd seem to be still polishing off their hot dogs outside because the stadium is only slowly filling up. Still, it is Monday so I imagine a few ticket-holders have had to go to work.

2209: "I'm terribly nervously excited!!"
napoleon-solo on 606
Join the debate on 606

2208: A note for the fashion watchers. Murray is wearing his now familiar grey T-shirt and white shorts. Federer has just taken off his special 'NY 2008' tracksuit top to reveal a red top and khaki shorts combo.

2205: The umpires goes through the toin coss routine at the net before the players pose for the traditional pre-match photo at the net. "Have a great match," Federer tells Murray. "Thanks," says Murray.

2202: Andy Murray makes his entrance into the Arthur Ashe Stadium, waving at the crowd as he does. The Brit looks pretty calm as he prepares for his first Grand Slam final. A fella called Federer follows.

2200: "I am possibly a little older than Andy's Gran and on this day awaiting two happy events - the arrival of great-grandchild number two and Andy becoming US Open champ. Come on Mr Murray - make my day."
Supergran via text on 81111

2156: "Anyone feel like singing with me?" asks Harry. "Not really," the crowd seem to respond. But his rendition gets a good ovation before a very noisy flypast by the Blue Angels.

2154: Here he comes. Yes, jazz twiddler Harry Connick Jr will sing America the Beautiful.

2152: "He's come a remarkably long way, especially from when he was getting criticism a year ago about his fitness. But he always insisted he just needed time for his body to grow. The way he played and lasted against Nadal shows he was right. And it also shows he was right to get rid of Brad Gilbert and take on Miles MacLagan, even though he was just starting out as a coach."
Murray's biographer, Rob Robertson, speaking on BBC Radio Scotland.

2146: A well-known sportswear company employed boxing promoter Don King to big up the 'Grapple in the Apple' between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal before this tournament. Things didn't quite work out as planned did they? Still, the wacky American has done his best with Murray... "He's the double 0 seven of the tennis court: Andy Murray. Blistering back serves, forearm, one two, know what I mean?" Erm, I'm not sure that I do.
'Grapple in the Apple' - Don King

2140: "Andy seems pretty calm. Obviously, it's a new experience when you get to this stage but I think he's pretty clear about what he's trying to do. I don't think anything will surprise me. Andy is very capable of winning."
Paul Annacone, Pete Sampras's former coach and current LTA men's head coach

2137: "Watched yesterday's match in NYC LaGuardia airport. As John McEnroe said: "If Murray stays aggressive and doesn't get down on himself he can beat anybody, he is that good." Come on Murray get stuck in and do us all proud..."
hyflyer on 606
Join the debate on 606

2135: Here's a treat for you UK users, video footage of Andy Murray as a 14-year-old. He appears to be chewing gum while making mincemeat of the BBC man. Tsk.
Young Murray in 2001

2130: "If we take away the scenario, we know Andy Murray has got a big chance, we know he can beat Roger Federer. But it's a massive occasion and the big question is how will he deal with it? How will the nerves affect him? The crowd will be with Roger, no question. He's a big favourite here."
Former Wimbledon champion Pat Cash

2127: "I have to be up at 4.30 tomorrow for a history trip to France. Should I go to bed now or watch Murray? Not really a hard choice - Murray in four."
Daniel, London, via text on 81111

2124: "He's up there with the big three. Nadal was the only one he has never beaten. He's beaten them all now."
Andy Murray's gran Shirley Eskine

2119: "The weather is beautiful: sunshine, blue skies and pretty still."
BBC Radio 5 Live's Jonathan Overend in New York

2117: "I'm in a tent, camping in Cornwall. I've bought my laptop, an internet card, and ready for Murray to sort Fed out. My girlfriend is not pleased."
Anon via text on 81111

2114: Ooh, I forgot to say. If you're a 606 fan, opening hours are extended today so you can chat away until 0300 BST tomorrow morning. How marvellous.

2112: "My other half is Scottish and desperately wants a Murray victory, I however couldn't turn down the 8-15 odds offered on a Federer win, there may be trouble ahead."
Brian, Liverpool, via text on 81111
I'm no betting expert, but they don't sound like good odds to me. Am I mad?

2108: Let's hear from Scottish golfing legend Colin Montgomerie shall we? "As a fellow Scot and fellow Perthshire resident I am delighted. I am passing Dunblane on the way home this evening, we only live 10 miles apart. If he can beat Nadal and then Federer he deserves to win the US Open."

2104: No one seems to remember 1936, but apparently everyone remembers that 1483 was the year of three kings. Many thanks for all your texts on that, but please, let's hear no more about it. History's boring innit?

2102: "The doors are open, the patrons are coming in and beginning to take their seats in Arthur Ashe Stadium."

2059: "I'm going to go on the same muscle-building programme as Andy Murray. I'm going to become Super Minister. He's quite skilful, he's unpredictable. He's fast. He's got instinct. I hope he wins tonight. But one way or the other, this is a top-class tennis player."
Scotland First Minister Alex Salmond

2055: "I was at a party with Andy's girlfriend's brother last week. That sort of makes me famous, right? I'm thinking he'll win in four sets! Good luck Andy."
Adam from Burgess Hill, via text on 81111

2052: Andy Murray and Roger Federer have both completed their warm-ups. The four-time defending champion opted for Arthur Ashe Stadium, while Murray stuck with one of the outside courts. Interesting? Or not really?

2049: "Re 2042: Sorry, but only two kings in 1485. Rich 3rd and henry 7th. Basic history mistake."
Thom, Wokingham, via text on 81111

2047: The great and good of Scotland have been throwing their weight behind Andy Murray today. Here's His Royal Hoyness Chris, er Hoy: "The fight and determination he seems to have is inspiring for a lot of athletes and if anyone can beat Federer, I'm sure Andy is the man to do it."

2042: "Re 2027: 1936 was only the third year in history to have three kings. The others being 1485 and 1066, but you'll probably be hard-pressed to find someone who remembers them."
Alex, Wimbledon, via text on 81111

2037: According to my extensive research (yup, wikipedia again), Fred Perry, Britain's last male Grand Slam singles champion, used to shout "very clevah" when his opponent hit a good shot - which would really rile his rivals. Just a little tip for Andy, if he's reading.

2032: "Forget school tomorrow, I'll be up as long as long as they're playing! Had a really awful day today so hopefully Andy can improve it with a winning performance."
arryaddick on 606
Join the debate on 606

2027: Of course, I especially want to hear your memories of the last time a British man won a Grand Slam singles title back in 1936. A year when the Depression lingered on, the Spanish Civil War began, King Edward VIII abdicated and the Hoover Dam was completed. And the good old BBC started its first television broadcasts. Wonder what happened to the Beeb?

2021: "COME ON MURRAY. Had to get that one out before anyone else!"
Chris in Chepstow, via text on 81111

2017: Look, former Wimbledon champ Michael Stich has got involved already. "I think you have to go for Roger for his experience," the German told BBC Radio 5 Live. "He has 12 Grand Slam titles. A lot depends on how the match starts. Andy has to make sure the first set is tight. It's not too bad if he loses it, but he must not let Roger win it 6-2 or 6-3 and cruise it."

2011: It won't have escaped your notice that there are still nearly two hours until the big kick-off in New York, and even then, there'll be all sorts of razzle-dazzle before the players actually get to the court, so this is where you come in. Text on 81111 (charges apply) or get involved on 606. Don't let me ask you twice.
Join the debate on 606

2005: Hello. You'll be here for the big one. The grudge match. The Grapple in the Apple. Four-time defending champion Roger Federer against world number one Rafael Na... you what? A Brit? In a Grand Slam final? Well, bless my soul...

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #432 on: September 08, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »

Fingers crossed if both guys meet,roger was the better man today.
[/b]

Yes he was, lets not forget Djokovic last year, he choked in the final, and went on to win a GS

Not that I am saying this will happen (don't pounce) just yet

Shame it wasn't Rafael Nadal in the Final, I really beleive it would have been a complete different match

Roger came into this match, knowing he was playing a guy in his 1st Major GS Final, a British one (no excuses) but a hell of a lot of pressure for Murray IMO

Roger facing Rafa in a GS final, would have provided IMO a lot more pressure on Roger

Small point but a very important point

Not to take anything away from Roger  ;-(), but just making sure the finer points are made out

IMO - Different match would have been had Rafa been in the Final

Well done Roger  :))  He needed to win something this year, and he did

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #433 on: September 08, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »
US Open

Final result:

R FEDERER (Swi) bt A MURRAY (GB)

6-2 7-5 6-2

LATEST ACTION (all times BST)
 606: DEBATE
Your thoughts on the action
To get involved use 606 or text us your views & comments on 81111. (Not all contributions can be used)

By Caroline Cheese 

0025: I know it wasn't the result many of you were hoping for, but you have to give it to King Fed. The Swiss mister showed flashes of genius tonight and Murray - only 24 hours after beating the world number one - wasn't quite there. Lay off him, though. No one beats Nadal and Federer in the same tournament. It's tennis law. Murray will win a Grand Slam title. There, I said it. Thanks for your company tonight. Off to bed with you.

0021: "As much as I love Murray's style of play, Federer deserved to win it tonight for his overall performance over the past fortnight, but Andy'll be back I'm sure."
xenosys2005 on 606
Join the debate on 606

0019: Rog has won a car for his efforts but I think he's more bothered by getting his hands on that sparkly trophy. For the fifth year in a row, Federer is the US Open champion. He is the first man in history to win both the Wimbledon and US Open titles five times in a row and the first since 1924 to win five on the trot in New York.

0018: Here comes "history-making Roger Federer", as he is introduced by our super-enthusiastic announcer. "It definitely feels great," says Rog. "After this year, to take this home is incredible. It means the world to me. I'm not going to stop at 13 - that would be terrible! I congratulate Andy - he's done great these last two weeks. I'm sure we're going to see a lot more of him in the future."

0015: Andy Murray gives the crowd a forlorn wave as he comes to collect his runners-up trophy. "I had a great tournament but I came up against, in my opinion, the best player ever to play the game today. I got the better of him the last two times and he definitely set the record straight today. I've learnt I've got a lot of improving to do if I want to win one of these things. I love playing in front of this crowd - it's been the best time of my life."

0012: The Stars and Stripes are waving in the Arthur Ashe Stadium, along with the flags of Switzerland and Great Britain - which still looks rather nice actually. Bit of bla-bla to go before we get to the presentation.

0011: "Not too shabby from Fed. Great to see him get number five, well-deserved, and a nice cap on what has been for him a disappointing hard-court run. Murray very gracious, and gave it a good go, coming back from what looked like being blanked in the third."
Im_partial on 606
Join the debate on 606

0009: Federer's experience told in that final, the world number two delivering when it counted - in particular in that closely-fought second set. Murray couldn't quite produce his best, but not many players do in their first Grand Slam final. He will be back.

0007: "Federer was simply awesome. Unlucky Andy, you have a lot of years ahead of you."
Andrew, Edinburgh, via text on 81111

Murray 2-6 5-7 2-6 Federer
Murray refuses to concede defeat and is fuming as he puts a lob narrowly long. Federer's forehand puts him two points away from the title - but Murray responds with a sizzling backhand down the line and Fed sees his forehand go wide after hitting the tape. An errant backhand gives Murray game point but Fed pounces on a weak second serve to make it deuce and a Murray error gives Fed his first championship point. Two brave, brilliant volleys from Murray save it but Fed earns another with a brutal backhand. The crowd don't want this to end - but it has. Murray scampers around the back of the court sending up lob after lob but Fed puts him away in the end, falling onto the court as he celebrates his 13th Grand Slam title, his first for a year and his fifth US Open in a row.

2358: "Federer has been top class but you can't help but feel like Murray's time is yet to come in the sport."
Anon via text on 81111

Murray 2-6 5-7 2-5 Federer
Hold the back page. Murray powers away a forehand winner to bring up a break point and then a searing return makes Fed net. Who wrote him off? Come on, own up.

Murray 2-6 5-7 1-5 Federer
Three cheers. Murray gets a huge roar from the crowd as he puts in a massive effort to hold serve for the first time in the set.

2352: "I think Roger will pass Pete Sampras' record of 14 Grand Slams now. I can't see how he won't get two more in the rest of his career."

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-5 Federer
The crowd aren't enjoying this much. Murray looks completely spent. Federer, though, deserves all the praise in the world. Grand Slam number 13 is a game away.

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-4 Federer
I can't watch. A double fault puts Federer 0-30 up and a poor backhand into the net gives the world number two three break points. Murray trots to the net in very unconvincing fashion and doesn't seem at all surprised to see the backhand flashing past him. This could be over very quickly.

2346: "Unfortunately, Federer really seems to have got his game back together at the moment. Nadal wouldn't have had any answer for this either."
cilurnum on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-3 Federer
Murray looks to bounce back, engaging Federer in a mesmerising rally from the baseline - but then ruins all his good work by belting a backhand long. No matter, a sizzling forehand forces Federer into his zillionth volley error of the match. The world number two survives from deuce, but good battling from Murray.

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-2 Federer
Federer plays Murray at his own game, a delicate drop shot leaving his opponent flat-footed. Federer places a simple pass cross-court to bring up three break points. Murray puts a tame forehand into the net and that's a break to love. The 21-year-old now has a mountain ahead of him - and he looks far too weary to climb it.

Murray 2-6 5-7 0-1 Federer
Just three sets, Andy, just three. Fed holds to 15.

SECOND SET

2335: "My days!!! Roger just played the best game ever man!! Whoa!!!"
intellectualAdam on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 2-6 5-7 Federer
Good start from Federer, whipping a forehand into the corner to make it 0-15, and it gets better, the champion finally nailing a decent volley. Murray's first serve deserts him at the worst possible time and Federer chip-charges to bring up three set points. An absolutely scintillating rally ends with Federer chasing down a drop shot and sending his forehand down the line. The world number two punches the air with delight - and I think he senses title number five.

2330: "Come on Murray, do it for us people on night shifts... You're adding a lot of fun to a very tedious work place! I cant think of anything better than seeing you wipe the smile off that smug Federer's face!"
Laura, Ipswich, via text on 81111

Murray 2-6 5-6 Federer
Murray wins the point of the match so far, running back to collect a Federer lob before rocking the world number two with a brutal forehand onto the baseline. He had no right to win that point. Fed shanks a backhand and that's 30-30. Murray's return is called long - to gasps from the crowd - but the Brit doesn't challenge. Strange.

Murray 2-6 5-5 Federer
Murray batters his head with his racquet after a loose forehand into the trams on the first point, but the British number one recovers brilliantly with a backhand winner. Federer goes walkabout again and that allows Murray to come through quite comfortably.

Murray 2-6 4-5 Federer
At 15-15, Murray steps in for a forehand with the whole court at his mercy - but blasts it long. Murray responds with a brilliant cross-court pass, although Fed's approach shot was poor, but the champion hangs on and the pressure is right back on the Brit now.

2318: "How about printing a message from a Federer fan for a change? Come on Roger - you're the best there's ever been!"
Anon via text on 81111

Murray 2-6 4-4 Federer
During that changeover, the crowd are treated to pictures of actress Charlize Theron snogging her boyfriend on the big screen. Back to the tennis though. Murray is still clutching his knee from time to time, but he's keeping his focus. The 21-year-old races into a 40-0 lead before taking it to 15 with a second-serve ace.

2314: "I think Andy is figuring it out..."
mexito on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 2-6 3-4 Federer
Murray attacks the Federer forehand and is rewarded when the ball hits the net. That's 15-30 but he then shanks a forehand disastrously. "Noooooooooo," screams the Scot. Fed gets the forehand back on track and the second seed sneaks ahead in the set again.

Murray 2-6 3-3 Federer
Murray clutches his knee and hops about a bit after every point. Bit worrying. Still, the Brit holds to 15 - in part thanks to another shocker of a volley from Federer. The world number two looks like he has never been to net.

2306: "Murray needs to stay positive. He missed a few break points but if they keep coming, he'll get one. He just needs to concentrate on popping in a few big serves as he has done in the last few service games."

Murray 2-6 2-3 Federer
Federer goes spectacularly off the boil. He puts a routine backhand volley in the net and that's three more break points for Murray. Fed, though, comes right back. Powering groundstrokes onto the baseline, he saves the first two before somehow winning the third despite some very shaky volleying. The defending champion survives by the skin of his teeth. Might be a very big game that.

Murray 2-6 2-2 Federer
Billie Jean King, wearing some delightful 60s-style sunglasses, is studiously reading something. Shame. She's missing some good tennis here. Murray seems to have come to the party, while Federer is still showing flashes of brilliance. Murray polishes off the game with the old one-two: a big serve and the easy put-away off the short ball.

Murray 2-6 1-2 Federer
Hello. Hello! Welcome to the US Open final, Andy Murray. He steps in to spank a forehand return cross-court and then hammers a backhand so hard that Fed nets his volley. Break back.

2252: "Murray hangs in. That's what he does very well - and Federer will miss a few balls. He's not superhuman anymore."

Murray 2-6 0-2 Federer
The crowd have gone a bit quiet and you sense that if Murray can find some inspiration, they might just get behind the Brit. Federer, though, just looks awesome. He races into a 0-30 lead on the Murray serve and it's almost a shock when Fed sticks a backhand wide. Murray clenches his fist as he forces another error, but then a shanked forehand lets Fed back in. A couple of deuces later, Murray nets a simple forehand and it's break point Fed. The baseline rally ends with Federer whipping a stunning forehand cross-court. It's just too good.

Murray 2-6 0-1 Federer
Murray's head is dropping. A man with a Union Jack painted on his face looks on with concern. Worrying times these. Unless you're Roger Federer. The champ rises gloriously to put away the smash and that's a love service game.

2242: "I wouldn't want to be a teacher in Scotland tomorrow because there are going to be a lot of tired kids because this is going all the way! Come on Andy."
Anon via text on 81111

2241: "Murray played the first set like someone who played yesterday and has only had 24 hours off."

FIRST SET

Murray 2-6 Federer
The crowd are definitely behind the artist formerly known as King Fed, but they may swing the other way if this continues. Two stinging forehands have Murray rocking and that's two set points for the world number two. Yet another forehand hammer forces another Murray error and that's the first gone in 26 minutes.

2237: "No-one can live with Federer when he plays this well, not even Nadal. It's just too good."
Manufan87 on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 2-5 Federer
Bad news Murray fans, Federer looks good. Very good. He shows how confident he is by charging to the net and driving a volley cross-court. Murray manages to get it back to 40-30 but Federer bangs down a first serve and all of a sudden, he's a game away from the first set.

Murray 2-4 Federer
Uh-oh. Murray goes for a big second serve, but it's just long and his first double-fault of the match gives Fed a 0-30 lead. Federer goes long with a forehand but when Murray nets a routine backhand, it gives the world number two his second and third break points of the match. Going for the big winner, Murray sends a forehand into the trams. HawkEye agrees with the linesman's call and it's first blood to Fed.

2228: "Well 50 years I've been watching tennis, seen Tim and Greg come and go, I didn't think I would see another Brit in the final before the end of my time, COME ON!!"
Anon via text on 81111

Murray 2-3 Federer
"Federer's hitting the ball very hard," comments a colleague. Devastating analysis. The hard-hitting Federer is winning most of the baseline exchanges for the moment and his serve is looking top-notch too. An easy hold for the Swiss mister.

Murray 2-2 Federer
Federer steps it up, sending a rasping forehand onto the baseline before some brilliant reactions at the net make it 15-30. The world number two is unlucky to see a backhand clip the net and drop wide but after a brutal baseline rally, Murray is the first to blink, mis-hitting a forehand to give Fed a break point. Brave stuff from Murray though, rocking Fed with a deep forehand.

2220: "Federer is just too talented for Murray. The match is on Federer's racket."
cheeryBerbatovRules on 606
Join the debate on 606

Murray 1-2 Federer
Federer moves into position to spank a forehand down the line - but Murray scampers over and incredibly loops the pass cross-court. That makes it 30-30 but a big serve helps Federer out and Murray nets a backhand.

Murray 1-1 Federer
Murray loses the first point with an errant backhand but there's no sign of panic. Two service winners - including his first ace - get him back on track and a cross-court forehand pass takes him to game point. Fed goes just wide. Good start from the Brit.

Murray 0-1 Federer
Fed opens up with two winning first serves before Murray puts a tame return into the net. The world number two seals the game with an effortless backhand winner. Not bad, not bad.

2212: Off we go then. Murray will receive the Federer serve.

2211: Half the crowd seem to be still polishing off their hot dogs outside because the stadium is only slowly filling up. Still, it is Monday so I imagine a few ticket-holders have had to go to work.

2209: "I'm terribly nervously excited!!"
napoleon-solo on 606
Join the debate on 606

2208: A note for the fashion watchers. Murray is wearing his now familiar grey T-shirt and white shorts. Federer has just taken off his special 'NY 2008' tracksuit top to reveal a red top and khaki shorts combo.

2205: The umpires goes through the toin coss routine at the net before the players pose for the traditional pre-match photo at the net. "Have a great match," Federer tells Murray. "Thanks," says Murray.

2202: Andy Murray makes his entrance into the Arthur Ashe Stadium, waving at the crowd as he does. The Brit looks pretty calm as he prepares for his first Grand Slam final. A fella called Federer follows.

2200: "I am possibly a little older than Andy's Gran and on this day awaiting two happy events - the arrival of great-grandchild number two and Andy becoming US Open champ. Come on Mr Murray - make my day."
Supergran via text on 81111

2156: "Anyone feel like singing with me?" asks Harry. "Not really," the crowd seem to respond. But his rendition gets a good ovation before a very noisy flypast by the Blue Angels.

2154: Here he comes. Yes, jazz twiddler Harry Connick Jr will sing America the Beautiful.

2152: "He's come a remarkably long way, especially from when he was getting criticism a year ago about his fitness. But he always insisted he just needed time for his body to grow. The way he played and lasted against Nadal shows he was right. And it also shows he was right to get rid of Brad Gilbert and take on Miles MacLagan, even though he was just starting out as a coach."
Murray's biographer, Rob Robertson, speaking on BBC Radio Scotland.

2146: A well-known sportswear company employed boxing promoter Don King to big up the 'Grapple in the Apple' between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal before this tournament. Things didn't quite work out as planned did they? Still, the wacky American has done his best with Murray... "He's the double 0 seven of the tennis court: Andy Murray. Blistering back serves, forearm, one two, know what I mean?" Erm, I'm not sure that I do.
'Grapple in the Apple' - Don King

2140: "Andy seems pretty calm. Obviously, it's a new experience when you get to this stage but I think he's pretty clear about what he's trying to do. I don't think anything will surprise me. Andy is very capable of winning."
Paul Annacone, Pete Sampras's former coach and current LTA men's head coach

2137: "Watched yesterday's match in NYC LaGuardia airport. As John McEnroe said: "If Murray stays aggressive and doesn't get down on himself he can beat anybody, he is that good." Come on Murray get stuck in and do us all proud..."
hyflyer on 606
Join the debate on 606

2135: Here's a treat for you UK users, video footage of Andy Murray as a 14-year-old. He appears to be chewing gum while making mincemeat of the BBC man. Tsk.
Young Murray in 2001

2130: "If we take away the scenario, we know Andy Murray has got a big chance, we know he can beat Roger Federer. But it's a massive occasion and the big question is how will he deal with it? How will the nerves affect him? The crowd will be with Roger, no question. He's a big favourite here."
Former Wimbledon champion Pat Cash

2127: "I have to be up at 4.30 tomorrow for a history trip to France. Should I go to bed now or watch Murray? Not really a hard choice - Murray in four."
Daniel, London, via text on 81111

2124: "He's up there with the big three. Nadal was the only one he has never beaten. He's beaten them all now."
Andy Murray's gran Shirley Eskine

2119: "The weather is beautiful: sunshine, blue skies and pretty still."

2117: "I'm in a tent, camping in Cornwall. I've bought my laptop, an internet card, and ready for Murray to sort Fed out. My girlfriend is not pleased."
Anon via text on 81111

2114: Ooh, I forgot to say. If you're a 606 fan, opening hours are extended today so you can chat away until 0300 BST tomorrow morning. How marvellous.

2112: "My other half is Scottish and desperately wants a Murray victory, I however couldn't turn down the 8-15 odds offered on a Federer win, there may be trouble ahead."
Brian, Liverpool, via text on 81111
I'm no betting expert, but they don't sound like good odds to me. Am I mad?

2108: Let's hear from Scottish golfing legend Colin Montgomerie shall we? "As a fellow Scot and fellow Perthshire resident I am delighted. I am passing Dunblane on the way home this evening, we only live 10 miles apart. If he can beat Nadal and then Federer he deserves to win the US Open."

2104: No one seems to remember 1936, but apparently everyone remembers that 1483 was the year of three kings. Many thanks for all your texts on that, but please, let's hear no more about it. History's boring innit?

2102: "The doors are open, the patrons are coming in and beginning to take their seats in Arthur Ashe Stadium."

2059: "I'm going to go on the same muscle-building programme as Andy Murray. I'm going to become Super Minister. He's quite skilful, he's unpredictable. He's fast. He's got instinct. I hope he wins tonight. But one way or the other, this is a top-class tennis player."
Scotland First Minister Alex Salmond

2055: "I was at a party with Andy's girlfriend's brother last week. That sort of makes me famous, right? I'm thinking he'll win in four sets! Good luck Andy."
Adam from Burgess Hill, via text on 81111

2052: Andy Murray and Roger Federer have both completed their warm-ups. The four-time defending champion opted for Arthur Ashe Stadium, while Murray stuck with one of the outside courts. Interesting? Or not really?

2049: "Re 2042: Sorry, but only two kings in 1485. Rich 3rd and henry 7th. Basic history mistake."
Thom, Wokingham, via text on 81111

2047: The great and good of Scotland have been throwing their weight behind Andy Murray today. Here's His Royal Hoyness Chris, er Hoy: "The fight and determination he seems to have is inspiring for a lot of athletes and if anyone can beat Federer, I'm sure Andy is the man to do it."

2042: "Re 2027: 1936 was only the third year in history to have three kings. The others being 1485 and 1066, but you'll probably be hard-pressed to find someone who remembers them."
Alex, Wimbledon, via text on 81111

2037: According to my extensive research (yup, wikipedia again), Fred Perry, Britain's last male Grand Slam singles champion, used to shout "very clevah" when his opponent hit a good shot - which would really rile his rivals. Just a little tip for Andy, if he's reading.

2032: "Forget school tomorrow, I'll be up as long as long as they're playing! Had a really awful day today so hopefully Andy can improve it with a winning performance."
arryaddick on 606
Join the debate on 606

2027: Of course, I especially want to hear your memories of the last time a British man won a Grand Slam singles title back in 1936. A year when the Depression lingered on, the Spanish Civil War began, King Edward VIII abdicated and the Hoover Dam was completed. And the good old BBC started its first television broadcasts. Wonder what happened to the Beeb?

2021: "COME ON MURRAY. Had to get that one out before anyone else!"
Chris in Chepstow, via text on 81111

2017: Look, former Wimbledon champ Michael Stich has got involved already. "I think you have to go for Roger for his experience," the German told BBC Radio 5 Live. "He has 12 Grand Slam titles. A lot depends on how the match starts. Andy has to make sure the first set is tight. It's not too bad if he loses it, but he must not let Roger win it 6-2 or 6-3 and cruise it."

2011: It won't have escaped your notice that there are still nearly two hours until the big kick-off in New York, and even then, there'll be all sorts of razzle-dazzle before the players actually get to the court, so this is where you come in. Text on 81111 (charges apply) or get involved on 606. Don't let me ask you twice.
Join the debate on 606

2005: Hello. You'll be here for the big one. The grudge match. The Grapple in the Apple. Four-time defending champion Roger Federer against world number one Rafael Na... you what? A Brit? In a Grand Slam final? Well, bless my soul...

Not sure whats required after reading that

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2008, 11:54:58 PM »
Just saw this on Perez Hilton

We're sad but happy at the same time.

One of our favorites, the #1 ranked tennis player in the world, Spaniard Rafael Nadal, won't be going to the U.S. Open final tonight.

#6 ranked British player Andy Murray beat Nadal with his wicked backhand on Sunday.

It's cool to see the underdog win, but we really wanted to see Raffa and Roger Federer in the final.

We hope Andy and Roger will give us an exciting match.

Go on you sexy Scot!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #435 on: September 09, 2008, 01:28:28 AM »
Great US Open from Murray- he's got a lot of positives to take from this and a lot to be proud of :applause: First win over Rafa- so now he has wins over all the top guys and his first Grand Slam Final. Fed was just right on last night and played his best match for a couple of years so it was just too big a challenge for Andy this time around but he will come back much stronger and better as a result of this. Sid, Murrayfan, Kick- all the Murray fans have a lot to be proud of with your man  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #436 on: September 09, 2008, 02:48:15 AM »
Great US Open from Murray- he's got a lot of positives to take from this and a lot to be proud of :applause: First win over Rafa- so now he has wins over all the top guys and his first Grand Slam Final. Fed was just right on last night and played his best match for a couple of years so it was just too big a challenge for Andy this time around but he will come back much stronger and better as a result of this. Sid, Murrayfan, Kick- all the Murray fans have a lot to be proud of with your man  :)

Thanks Chris on Andy we very proud for Andy.
Im pleased what Andy has done this year so far.Chris your right there lots of positives to come from here & other torneys.Iv added the Singles list in 2008 so far,that makes good reading inits self.

W: ATP Masters Series Cincinnati, Doha, Marseille F: US Open SF: ATP Masters Series Canada QF: London / Queen's Club, Dubai, Wimbledon

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #437 on: September 09, 2008, 09:24:05 AM »
Murray took the next logical step.  He is basically right where he needs to be at this point.  Sure, it would have been great to win, but he put himself in a better situation for next time.  He will most likely be a top 4 player for the next year at least, so he's right in there with the other three for contending in slams.  Great job by him in NY in general.
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #438 on: September 09, 2008, 09:42:36 AM »
@sid
i have no emotions left to feel for murray........he is perhaps the most unluckiest runner up ever.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #439 on: September 09, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »
@sid
i have no emotions left to feel for murray........he is perhaps the most unluckiest runner up ever.........

Seriously, not even the Murray fans are complaining about the scheduling and you choose to stir up things. Why do you have to be a sore loser, we know your most hated player, Federer, just won a grand slam, but HE DESERVED IT and there is no conspiracy. Have Nadal or Murray said ANYTHING about poor scheduling?