Author Topic: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)  (Read 88912 times)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Re: Murray- Wasted Talent?
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2008, 09:19:32 PM »
I am very much in favour of someone turning this into a fan thread for Murray, he deserves one!

hint mods.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2008, 09:27:22 PM »
I am very much in favour of someone turning this into a fan thread for Murray, he deserves one!

hint mods.

Well Alison started it so with her permission we can change the title if she want us to...

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »

hint mods.

Well Alison started it so with her permission we can change the title if she want us to...

indeed.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2008, 04:56:59 PM »

hint mods.

Done  ..-)
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Re:
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2008, 06:58:49 PM »

hint mods.

Done  ..-)

:applause:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
Re: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2008, 07:09:18 PM »
Andy's favourite  tournament?

US Open

Favourite tennis shot?

Drop shot

Most difficult opponent?

Rafael Nadal  :cool:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2008, 07:11:14 PM »

US Open

Favourite tennis shot?

Drop shot

Most difficult opponent?

Interesting that he likes the US Open over Wimbledon.  Maybe it's too much pressure on him at Wimbledon? :confused1:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2008, 07:20:51 PM »

US Open

Favourite tennis shot?

Drop shot

Most difficult opponent?

Interesting that he likes the US Open over Wimbledon.  Maybe it's too much pressure on him at Wimbledon? :confused1:

Well he did win the US Open as a Junior  and he says Miami is his favourite city so your guess is as good as mine  ;-()

I think he likes the US

:)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2008, 07:47:44 PM »
Its about his game and how he likes, if Wimbledon doesn't have to be his favourite just because he's from around there. I think hardcourts suit him best.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »
Obviously,most players thinks that US Open is their favorite tournament....
I would pick Wimbledon definitely  :)
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2008, 10:10:44 AM »
Andy Murray of Great Britain will open his Wimbledon campaign tomorrow with a match against Frenchman Fabrice Santoro who will be playing his last Wimbledon, so will be determined to do well.

If Murray gets through this, he will have a 2nd round match against a likely opponent of Xavier Malisse, then a possible Tommy Haas encounter. He could then play Richard Gasquet, and if he got through that, would perhaps play a quarter-final with Rafael Nadal.

Murray has no points to defend from last year, as he was out with an injury, but reached to 4th Round in 2006 before going out to Cyprian Marcos Baghdatis. He looks forward to this years Wimbledon and is fully recovered from a thumb injury he sustained during the Artois Championships a couple of weeks ago, causing him to withdraw from a match with American Andy Roddick. Murray wants to win this year, but will have many challengers in Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Roddick.

Other Brits in the main draw for Wimbledon are wildcards Jamie Baker and Alex Bogdanovic, and qualifier Chris Eaton, ranked in his 600s. Bogdanovic opens his campaign today against Italian Simone Bolelli.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2008, 01:49:27 PM »
I like Murray but he needs to win a major first to deserve his own thread  :whistle:. I'm j/k, (NOT).

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2008, 03:44:03 PM »
I like Murray but he needs to win a major first to deserve his own thread  :whistle:. I'm j/k, (NOT).

I remember quite well a certain ms.Ivanovic had a thread prior the the french open where she won her first slam :)

oh and the Nole Nole Nole thread.. I think it started BEFORE he won the AO  :)~
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:45:05 PM by pawan89 »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »

I remember quite well a certain ms.Ivanovic had a thread prior the the french open where she won her first slam :)

And when did Nalbandian win a slam..... oh wait a minute.....

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2008, 05:11:24 PM »
Its about his game and how he likes, if Wimbledon doesn't have to be his favourite just because he's from around there. I think hardcourts suit him best.

Spot on pawan89

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »

oh and the Nole Nole Nole thread.. I think it started BEFORE he won the AO
  :)~
no, no, no, wrong  :lmao:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2008, 05:33:52 PM »

And when did Nalbandian win a slam..... oh wait a minute.....

Yup

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2008, 06:40:52 PM »
John McEnroe was talking on BBC One's Today at Wimbledon

John McEnroe

By John McEnroe
Three-times Wimbledon champion

Andy Murray has got to get to at least the quarter-finals at this Wimbledon, it's as simple as that.

Britain's number one Andy Murray
Murray has never reached the quarter-final of a Grand Slam tournament
He's hovered around the top 10 for a while and has looked as if he was going to make that breakthrough - but he hasn't done it yet through a combination of fitness issues, injury problems and bad luck.

I think he has to dig a bit deeper in the well if he wants to be up there with the likes of Novak Djokovic. This was a guy everybody was comparing him to a couple of years ago and who has now won the Australian Open.

They are the same age, but Djokovic has really opened up a gap on Murray.

If Murray was to get to the quarters, which he hasn't done yet at a Grand Slam, then he will have to face Rafael Nadal, presuming he can get past Richard Gasquet, a former semi-finalist.

That's not easy but it's do-able and he's got to show that he's in there with the big boys. He's been close but he's got to beat one of these guys in a big event.

Murray has to do what he's comfortable doing with his coaching (after parting company with Brad Gilbert), but the key for him is to have one ear open.

He believes in himself but he does need to listen to some people who can give him some solid advice.

The biggest thing though, is that he's got to get himself in phenomenal physical shape - better than he's ever been in.

It looks to me like he's getting better but if you really want to go deep in a major tournament then just look how hard the top guys work.

Nadal is unbelievably fit and Djokovic is the same - these guys are working harder than Murray is, in my opinion.

Roger Federer, meanwhile, was extremely sharp against Dominik Hrbaty in the first round.

Roger Federer beat Dominik Hrbaty in straight sets
Federer was back to his best at his at his favourite venue
He came out with his 'A' game from the off because he had something to prove with people starting to write him off a little bit.

Certainly there was some cause for concern after the whipping (6-1 6-3 6-0) he suffered at the hands of Nadal in the French Open final. I've never seen him beaten that badly and so thoroughly dominated.

At the same time, this is his best surface and I don't think that is the case for Nadal or Djokovic so I think things will right themselves here.

His serve is more penetrating, the ball won't get up as high on him and the way he moves about the court here is so beautiful - he's just a different guy at Wimbledon.

As for the women's top seed Ana Ivanovic, from what I saw of her match against Rossana de los Rios she was totally dominant.

She's gotten herself extremely fit and her movement is excellent. She's always been able to hit a good ball and she's learned from her mistakes.

This girl has got it all. They're going to try to market her - but it's not going to be a very difficult job! She's beautiful, a great player and seems very committed.

It's probably one of the most open women's championships in a while. The Williams sisters will step up but Ivanovic has a real chance as do six or seven of the women.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2008, 06:47:46 PM »
John McEnroe has also offered his services to help Andy Murray with his anger management....  :\ :-o :eek:

:lol-cry:

:rofl_2:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2008, 07:01:06 PM »
John McEnroe has also offered his services to help Andy Murray with his anger management....  :\ :-o :eek:

:lol-cry:

:rofl_2:
Are you serious  :rofl_2:?