Author Topic: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)  (Read 97646 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2008, 11:54:08 AM »
I've had so much practice at being up in the middight following Maria or the top guys on the ATP that its just 2nd nature to me now  :)) Can't wait for this one tonight- this is going to be special I hope. Although I'll be the Brit on the other side in this one  :)

Should be great !
Yep seems like you guys have the ability to change nationalities  :))  so do I..I guess  :))

Yeah I'm not one who will support a player just because they are from this country- instead choosing my players for many over reasons and not being at all bothered by their nationality  :)

Exactly,I mean I really really like Novak,but I can't root for him when he faces my top guys...

Exactly the same as I am that is when it comes to my favourites  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2008, 12:32:36 PM »
Well I do not find it difficult for me...For me that wouldn't be a problem...If Tommy has to play at 4am I would watch him no matter what..
Btw,I was even watching Gasquet last night since 6am...and still manage to sleep for about 7 hours...
P.S.I can't fall a sleep,knowing that my guy/or team is playing that night..

I know what you mean about the "can't sleep" thing. I'll go ahead and go to bed and just think "I wonder what's going on."  "Wonder how Rafa's playing" etc., then finally get back up and watch. It's hopeless for me to try to sleep if Rafa's on, even in the middle of the night!

Murray has given Rafa some problems in the past, so we'll see.  Amazingly, any one of the players can be great one day and then come out the next looking like a whole different person.  :confused1:  I hope both guys show up tonight -- it should be good.

Vamos, Rafa

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2008, 02:04:04 PM »
I probably won't be able to watch Murray tonight, I'll be in bed. That's disappointed, but it's life, never mind.

Thats dedication for you Andy  ;-()  Your main fans  ;-() are in bed  :zipped:

Come on Andy (attitude watch now, aggressive watch now) 

As for who should keep this thread alive I was hoping a Roger Fan would  ..-)  ..-)

Nice to know they keep an eagle eye on this thread though 
;-()

I keep an eagle eye on all the threads....that's my job! ;-()

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2008, 09:53:17 PM »
Murray looked a little impatient tonight against Nadal.  Still a good tourney for Murray.  Off to Cincy!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2008, 12:52:55 AM »
Murray looked a little impatient tonight against Nadal.  Still a good tourney for Murray.  Off to Cincy!

Yeah, a great tournament for him and I can't wait for tomorrows rankings. Onwards and upwards as they say. Nadal's mental strength just proved to be too much for Andy in the end.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2008, 10:56:59 AM »
I only saw bits and pieces of the match between snoozing last night, but what I saw was some great play from Murray and Rafa playing solid defense as usual.  I think Rafa is amazing during crunch time, game points and breakers for and against.
Just when you think someone has a chance against him it magically slips away and he goes on to steal the game.  Surely it isn't luck or magic.

Murray definitely played some great tennis.  I really liked his 2HBH down the line.
When he set it up right it was working well for him.

Just a bit less frustration and a tad more determination on his part and he will ascend another level yet.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2008, 01:55:11 PM »
For one of the few times since Murray has been a pro... I enjoyed his match last night against Nadal.  He played aggressive and for the most part, kept his cool.  I don't like it when he loses control and start yelling at his coaches (like it's their fault), etc.  I didn't see that last night.  I also know it's in his nature to just be consistent and get the ball back in play. But last night he knew he had to be more aggressive and I really liked that style from him.  You can see that he is improving as as a fan of his, that's all you guys can ask.  Again, I enjoyed watching him play last night and he was 'right there' in the match.  Nadal was just stronger physically and mentally but I hope Murray continues to play the way he played last night vs the way he regularly tries to just push the ball back across the court.  If he does - then I will enjoy watching him in the future.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2008, 06:54:17 PM »
For one of the few times since Murray has been a pro... I enjoyed his match last night against Nadal.  He played aggressive and for the most part, kept his cool.  I don't like it when he loses control and start yelling at his coaches (like it's their fault), etc.  I didn't see that last night.  I also know it's in his nature to just be consistent and get the ball back in play. But last night he knew he had to be more aggressive and I really liked that style from him.  You can see that he is improving as as a fan of his, that's all you guys can ask.  Again, I enjoyed watching him play last night and he was 'right there' in the match.  Nadal was just stronger physically and mentally but I hope Murray continues to play the way he played last night vs the way he regularly tries to just push the ball back across the court.  If he does - then I will enjoy watching him in the future.
[/quote

Indeed, aggressive part of his game needs to be more (I have stated this fact for many moons  ;-() ), he does keep his cool against Rafa and Roger, perhaps it the respect he has for them  ;-()  I forgot to add IMHO

Been a good week for Andy beating Novak and giving Rafa a good game, so many positives for him  :)

On a side note he does seem to have a lot more respect for Rafa than Roger  :zipped:  3 books I have read thats the impression I get, not that he's not respectful to Roger at all, but I think he prefers Rafa  :)

I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2008, 07:06:53 PM »
[/quote

Indeed, aggressive part of his game needs to be more (I have stated this fact for many moons  ;-() ), he does keep his cool against Rafa and Roger, perhaps it the respect he has for them  ;-()  I forgot to add IMHO

Been a good week for Andy beating Novak and giving Rafa a good game, so many positives for him  :)

On a side note he does seem to have a lot more respect for Rafa than Roger  :zipped:  3 books I have read thats the impression I get, not that he's not respectful to Roger at all, but I think he prefers Rafa  :)

And what did that bring to the thread?  You really didn't have to say that at all but I feel like you just can't help getting a little 'dig' at Roger no matter what... :(

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »
For one of the few times since Murray has been a pro... I enjoyed his match last night against Nadal. He played aggressive and for the most part, kept his cool.  I don't like it when he loses control and start yelling at his coaches (like it's their fault), etc.  I didn't see that last night.  I also know it's in his nature to just be consistent and get the ball back in play. But last night he knew he had to be more aggressive and I really liked that style from him.  You can see that he is improving as as a fan of his, that's all you guys can ask.  Again, I enjoyed watching him play last night and he was 'right there' in the match.  Nadal was just stronger physically and mentally but I hope Murray continues to play the way he played last night vs the way he regularly tries to just push the ball back across the court.  If he does - then I will enjoy watching him in the future.
[/quote

And what did that bring to the thread?  You really didn't have to say that at all but I feel like you just can't help getting a little 'dig' at Roger no matter what... :(
Alison just can't hide her deep admiration and love for Roger  :rofl_2:. She is obsessed with him. Sorry Alison  :).

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2008, 08:20:10 PM »
I thought it was interesting when Andy asked to see the trainer and they didn't allow him to. I was kind of waiting for Gilbert to say something about Andy being a cry baby (remember when Gilbert kept telling him to play when Andy was telling him his wrist was hurt and it WAS hurt?).  Obviously, Gilbert kept his mouth shut  :rofl_2: and the other guys commented on how Andy should see a trainer when he needed to.

Andy played a great match, he and Rafa will be butting heads for a long time to some and I'm sure Andy will win his fair share of those.  :)

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »
Just read this at Rafa's site, VB. I don't know the details, this is all I've heard and I don't think it's been mentioned here. Posted by sirene on VB:

"about last night taping of Andy's knee: Andy has a special right knee: as far as I understood he was born with a kneecap in two parts and that has caused him quite a few problems already. I understand that he can"t do anything against it, and that it won't prevent him from playing but at times when something happens somewhere else on his leg - like slight tweaking of ankle - the kneecap bothers him. Too bad for him, but like Rafa, he has to learn to live with it."

Strange, huh?

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #192 on: July 28, 2008, 01:11:08 PM »
Just read this at Rafa's site, VB. I don't know the details, this is all I've heard and I don't think it's been mentioned here. Posted by sirene on VB:

"about last night taping of Andy's knee: Andy has a special right knee: as far as I understood he was born with a kneecap in two parts and that has caused him quite a few problems already. I understand that he can"t do anything against it, and that it won't prevent him from playing but at times when something happens somewhere else on his leg - like slight tweaking of ankle - the kneecap bothers him. Too bad for him, but like Rafa, he has to learn to live with it."

Strange, huh?

Hi yellowball,thats the first time anyone said this(born with a kneecap in two parts)thats a new one for me.Thx for the info.As you say Strange.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #193 on: July 28, 2008, 05:35:20 PM »
I probably won't be able to watch Murray tonight, I'll be in bed. That's disappointed, but it's life, never mind.

Thats dedication for you Andy  ;-()  Your main fans  ;-() are in bed  :zipped:

Come on Andy (attitude watch now, aggressive watch now) 

As for who should keep this thread alive I was hoping a Roger Fan would  ..-)  ..-)

Nice to know they keep an eagle eye on this thread though 
;-()

I keep an eagle eye on all the threads....that's my job! ;-()
[/b]

Missed this post sorry Dallas, I must admit I have forgot you are a mod

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #194 on: July 28, 2008, 05:42:01 PM »
[/quote

No dig at all at Roger, it was just a general view from reading Andy's book (this thread is about Andy) and I choose to say what my view was about what I have read about him, and his views on certain players  :)

No dig at all!!

He is very respectful over Roger in his book, (even after he slags off his game) but the over all impression is that he has more respect for Rafa, thats all, and as I was reading that part of the book (again), that was in my mind with the post

If you would like I will post Andy's views of your beloved Roger on Roger's thread??

If that suits you better??

So touchy  ..-)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
[/quote

No dig at all at Roger, it was just a general view from reading Andy's book (this thread is about Andy) and I choose to say what my view was about what I have read about him, and his views on certain players  :)

No dig at all!!

He is very respectful over Roger in his book, (even after he slags off his game) but the over all impression is that he has more respect for Rafa, thats all, and as I was reading that part of the book (again), that was in my mind with the post

If you would like I will post Andy's views of your beloved Roger on Roger's thread??

So touchy
  ..-)

My apologies... Sorry to be so touchy... this is a trying time for us Federer fans...as you know.... :))

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »
[/quote

No dig at all!!

So touchy
  ..-)

My apologies... Sorry to be so touchy... this is a trying time for us Federer fans...as you know.... :))

Dallas no need for the apology  :)  I just find every post I make (a touchy response) if Rogers name is mentioned  :Confused:

I understand your time as a Federer fan (Since you brought up a PM I sent you) I shall now: Where after Roger lost to Rafa at FO I sent you a nice PM over Rogers Loss (I will not say what I put) But since you reveal MY PM to you over a certain Thread, I feel it's correct for my PM to be viewed (meaning my PM is still private) but proof I sent one to you over Rogers loss at FO  :)  Since you did reveal part of my PM to the Forum  ..-)  I didn't reveal any of your PM's to the forum (A view I agree with ie: PRIVATE MESSAGE)

I was a little p@ssed with you to reveal a PM to the forum (ie: some of the contents)

I wouldn't ddo that to you, but you did  :Confused:

Trust is trust, I trusted you

I find you very touchy at the best of times (If I am being honest) even when Roger was winning!!!

I like and respect you and your views (even if we dont agree - a matter of life IMHO)  :)

Don't in the future view my views of a PM on the Forum (it's meant to be private)

:)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »
[/quote

No dig at all!!

So touchy
  ..-)

Dallas no need for the apology  :)  I just find every post I make (a touchy response) if Rogers name is mentioned  :Confused:

I understand your time as a Federer fan (Since you brought up a PM I sent you) I shall now: Where after Roger lost to Rafa at FO I sent you a nice PM over Rogers Loss (I will not say what I put) But since you reveal MY PM to you over a certain Thread, I feel it's correct for my PM to be viewed (meaning my PM is still private) but proof I sent one to you over Rogers loss at FO  :)  Since you did reveal part of my PM to the Forum  ..-)  I didn't reveal any of your PM's to the forum (A view I agree with ie: PRIVATE MESSAGE)

I was a little p@ssed with you to reveal a PM to the forum (ie: some of the contents)

I find you very touchy at the best of times (If I am being honest) even when Roger was winning!!!

I like and respect you and your views (even if we dont agree - a matter of life IMHO)  :)

Don't in the future view my views of a PM on the Forum (it's meant to be private)

Aye Aye Captain!  And again, let me give you my apologies since it seems like I have offended you by revealing some of the things you said in your PM.  Can we agree to just... start anew? :))

And believe me... I will try not to be so touchy when I read your messages regarding Roger.  It'll be hard...but I am open to trying.  So... how 'bout it? :friends: :drinks: :love:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »
[/quote

No dig at all!!

So touchy
  ..-)

Aye Aye Captain!  And again, let me give you my apologies since it seems like I have offended you by revealing some of the things you said in your PM.  Can we agree to just... start anew? :))

And believe me... I will try not to be so touchy when I read your messages regarding Roger.  It'll be hard...but I am open to trying.  So... how 'bout it? :friends: :drinks: :love:

I am not trying to be a "captain" that is your view of my views/me = very confusing!!!!!!!!!  This is the truth my PM should not have been made aware to the Forum (100% TRUTH) YOU DID INDEED DO THIS  :)  Don't try to get out of this very true Fact!!!!

You are very touchy (as are many others on here) regarding Mr Roger!! I won't go on and on (I could and should) at the behaviour of some posters here (I just don't like it when PM are put on a forum - when they are meant to be PRIVATE)

Because I am a NOT a ROGER FAN my SPELLING has been brought into question, IN FACT the WORSE I have READ ON THIS VERY FORUM is that because I AM A ANIMAL LOVER ONE person (no names mentioned) had said I am NOT a ANIMAL lover (it's just an excuse) JUST because I don't like Roger  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

I agree my SPELLING is s**t (I make no excuses) But I am not bothered  ;-() (I laugh out loud ) Easy pickings I say

The animal thing (did p@ss me off) I suggest the IDIOT who said this come to my HOME!!! Yep an open view of my home (animals galore), are you willing to come?????????????

That viewing would prove my point !!!!!!!!!!!!  I await the IDIOT Reply

In other words If you are not a Roger Fan (you cannot be a Animal lover)  :rofl_2:

Yet the same people (an others) slag off my spelling, yet some of Rogers fans (no names mentioned) and other FANS can't even start with a capital letter  ..-)  ..-) (BUT THEY LIKE AND RESPECT ROGER)  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Many confusions of this board I like  :)) 

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2008, 07:32:20 PM »
Actually Alison, I was trying to really give an apology to you for using part of your PM publicly.  Sorry if I came across....the wrong way.  Seriously.  I know I can get "touchy" when it comes to Roger.  I admit that.  I have no problems giving you an apology for using part of your pm in a thread.  I admit that was not professional of me and if I offended you - which seems like you're saying I did - then I truly (sincerely) do apologize.  That's all I can do.  You can accept it or not.  It's up to you ;-()

Now.. that we've aired our dirty laundry... let's get back to talking about Murray on this thread.  If we need to further discuss the above situation, PM me and I will assure you that I will not go public with it.  Or... we can just drop the entire thing.  I have done my part to apologize.  It's up to you now.  And if you don't accept it - heck, we still can go on posting and enjoying the forum like we've always done in the past.  Or, you can just ignore my post from now on out... whatever you want to do...it's your choice. :))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:43:19 PM by Dallas »