Author Topic: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)  (Read 84842 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »
Andy beats Tursunov 6-3 6-3 & moves into the last 8 Cincinnati  :) whatever happens now he made his ranking for Cincinnati (thats good)With the 2 back to back masters he will sure move up the ranking,with some luck he might win some more @ Cincinnati :// fingers crossed.

Andy's on a good roll.  Congrats to him and his fans.  I know in the past you fans have taken a big hit with Andy going out early in some tournaments, with him getting injured, etc.  But you guys (especially sid) hung in there with him and now he's on a great roll!  Congrats!!!!!! :))  Enjoy this time! :))

Especially sid!?!?!? I've always been backing him no matter what!!! I always root for him, and just because I wasn't around for the end of last year and start of this year, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be included  :\
I find that offensive to one of his biggest fans. Dallas you've disappointed me and upset me :( No disrespect to sid though.

Andy is on a brilliant roll, and I think he has every chance of getting to the finals here, even winning!!! He plays Moya next, then either Kohli of Karlovic, but the final will be no walk-in-the-park

No disrepect intended!  It's just that you left us for a while and left sid on the board all alone as the only Murray fan.  But now that you are back... I should have included you too!  So my apologies! :daisies: :friends: Friends again?

Murrayfan never turn down a bunch of flowers from a lady :)

Well, we will see... I'm waiting on his reply! ;-()

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2008, 02:37:30 PM »
Andy beats Tursunov 6-3 6-3 & moves into the last 8 Cincinnati  :) whatever happens now he made his ranking for Cincinnati (thats good)With the 2 back to back masters he will sure move up the ranking,with some luck he might win some more @ Cincinnati :// fingers crossed.

Andy's on a good roll.  Congrats to him and his fans.  I know in the past you fans have taken a big hit with Andy going out early in some tournaments, with him getting injured, etc.  But you guys (especially sid) hung in there with him and now he's on a great roll!  Congrats!!!!!! :))  Enjoy this time! :))

Especially sid!?!?!? I've always been backing him no matter what!!! I always root for him, and just because I wasn't around for the end of last year and start of this year, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be included  :\
I find that offensive to one of his biggest fans. Dallas you've disappointed me and upset me :( No disrespect to sid though.

Andy is on a brilliant roll, and I think he has every chance of getting to the finals here, even winning!!! He plays Moya next, then either Kohli of Karlovic, but the final will be no walk-in-the-park

No disrepect intended!  It's just that you left us for a while and left sid on the board all alone as the only Murray fan.  But now that you are back... I should have included you too!  So my apologies! :daisies: :friends: Friends again?

Murrayfan never turn down a bunch of flowers from a lady :)

Well, we will see... I'm waiting on his reply! ;-()

Don'ty worry Dallas you'll get the reply your after as your American  :))
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2008, 02:53:50 AM »
Dallas, apology accepted.

And Chris, this kind of thing is just getting stupid. And why the hell would I waste my life hating English women if one came offering flowers :)) Lol.

Andy had a dip in the first set today, but played brilliantly in the 2nd set and 3rd set. If he plays well, then I can see him with a real chance of winning this thing.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2008, 03:06:33 AM »
Dallas, apology accepted.

And Chris, this kind of thing is just getting stupid. And why the hell would I waste my life hating English women if one came offering flowers :)) Lol.

Andy had a dip in the first set today, but played brilliantly in the 2nd set and 3rd set. If he plays well, then I can see him with a real chance of winning this thing.

I just sat back laughing reading your post in the Picture thread(I think it was) where you spoke about how much you love English people, with Kick then coming back and saying something back. You set yourself up for everything you get really with those sort of comments, as its not us(well me anyway) that hates the Scots, it seems to be you that can't stand the English.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2008, 03:11:28 AM »
Whatever, but I'm sure all of you know just as well as I do that that's not true. I've never said I can't stand the English or I hate all things English, or anything of the sort. I've only ever said I hate some English, , and that's only the arrogant ones, and the ones that don't like me. These are just the kind of people I don't like! If there is Scottish people like this, then heck, I don't like them either!!!

And one thing I have to give the English credit for especially, and do better than the Scots, has got to be oatcakes!!! :// Lovely things! Soft and tasty with melted cheese compared to Scotlands hard crumbly biscuit oatcakes that you crumble into soup.

And by the way Chris, I'm not sure if there's a pick 'em tournament this next week, but I'm not here from Wednesday to Friday.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2008, 03:16:13 AM »
It doesn't bother me whether you like the English or not- I just find some of your comments pretty funny and different about some English and sometimes English people in general.

There's no pick em game until next Sunday when the Olympics start  :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2008, 03:20:13 AM »
It doesn't bother me whether you like the English or not- I just find some of your comments pretty funny and different about some English and sometimes English people in general.

There's no pick em game until next Sunday when the Olympics start  :)

Thanks Chris. I've just come to not even responding to any posts made on the subject. I'm just getting annoyed about it and some of the responses being made by kickserve in particular. It's all good except for when people start on these things.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »
Topman on taking Dallas flowers m8,well done im happy all is sorted out.Now can Murray get into the final v Karlovic.Murray has a 2 nill h2h v Karlovic both in the USA on hardcourts,fingers crossed for 3 nill today.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2008, 10:18:46 AM »
Topman on taking Dallas flowers m8,well done im happy all is sorted out.Now can Murray get into the final v Karlovic.Murray has a 2 nill h2h v Karlovic both in the USA on hardcourts,fingers crossed for 3 nill today.

Karlovic is a tough opponent for Murray, definitely, but I'm looking forward to seeing a great match, and hopefully Murray can seal a 3-0 head2head record with Dr Ivo.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2008, 01:39:27 PM »
Andy Murray beats Karlovic 6-4 6-4 to get to the finals of Cincinnati Masters Series!!! Come on Andy!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Great match from Andy, the stat that really impresses me though were Andy's 4 breaks on the Karlovic serve. This is extra good, as in this tournament Ivo had only lost his serve once before this match to Federer!!! Awesome display on Murray's part. And I was loving some of the lobbing going on from Murray, especially against someone Karlovic's height!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2008, 01:47:05 PM »
good stuff by murray.......he deserves the cincinnati title.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2008, 02:23:02 PM »

I definitely think he deserves, I just hope that he can pull it off. I'm hoping for Nole and Rafa to tire each other out.

In his post-match interview, Murray said he'd rather play Nadal in the final!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2008, 02:34:12 PM »

I definitely think he deserves, I just hope that he can pull it off. I'm hoping for Nole and Rafa to tire each other out.

Hi m8 iv a feeling i know why he said that on Nadal,he the only player he not had a win v in the top 3 players.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2008, 03:35:28 PM »

Hi m8 iv a feeling i know why he said that on Nadal,he the only player he not had a win v in the top 3 players.

Yeah he said it because he's the only top player he's not beaten yet and because he's the new world number 1  :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »
Good win for Andy today against Ivo!  Ok... congrats MURRAYFAN AND SID!!!! (hey, I've learned my lesson)! :rofl_2:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »
Well done Andy in reaching his 1st Masters Final  :cool:

Now he faces Nole lets hope for a great final by BOTH players and Andy wins  :whistle:

Not bothered if Andy does not go on to win (it's a step forward IMHO) that he's reached this stage and sets him very well for the US Open  :)

A great summer so far for Andy  :))
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2008, 10:11:17 PM »
Good win for Andy today against Ivo!  Ok... congrats MURRAYFAN AND SID!!!! (hey, I've learned my lesson)! :rofl_2:

Thanks Dallas on today,its been a very good day for all Murray fans.Fingers crossed for one more day like today ://

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2008, 10:27:42 PM »
Great win for Murray. Karlovic is a tough player. Well done. Let's hope for a great match tomorrow.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2008, 12:18:48 AM »
I hope Murray wins his first shield.......I want to see him #4 at the end of the year. Also, Novak's ego must be kept on check...nothing better than a good old beating!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2008, 04:27:39 AM »

Lol, thanks very much Dallas.

Something I heard on the commentary last night annoyed me while watching the match. They said that if Murray loses the final, it wouldn't be that great for him unless he wins it, because no-one remembers finalists, but sure anyone that's a fan of Andy will remember his first Masters Series final?

Anyway, VAMOS AJDE FORZA ALLEZ COME ON ANDY!!!