Author Topic: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)  (Read 99399 times)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
Re: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)
« Reply #280 on: August 06, 2008, 07:08:33 PM »
well Sid, Djokovic is turning into Andy's b!tch  :rofl_2:. Murray is a better player right now. Period.

Wow...that was off the chain man!   

I've always liked Murray and it's great to see him rounding into form. 

I would like to see him do more of the following things:
  • Shave
  • Comb his hair
  • Brush his teeth
  • Smile

Trust me, I like this dude and I only want the best for him. :)

You realize that if he doesn't smile, he woulnd't need to brush his teeth. And if he does shave and goes Agassi style, he wouldn't have to comb his hair, not to mention the aerodynamic effects.
That's what I call efficiency. All focus on tennis and tennis alone  :rofl_2:

Pawan, this guy always looks like he just rolled out of bed!

Yep this guy doesn't bother IMHO of looking great on court, he isn't IMHO going to need  a Jacket, trousers and a cardigan to show himself off, his hair IMHO is horrible at times  :whistle: but at least he doesn't use Jackets, trousers or cardigans to promote himself (thank god for that) If he did I would worry greatly  :))  Let's hope he stays this grounded and doesn't bow the pressures like another  :zipped:

Stay down to earth Andy, keep your unkept hairstyle (even if I don't like it), stay true to yourself  :)
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #281 on: August 06, 2008, 07:19:18 PM »
Why do you want me to say No Alison? :rofl_2: You don't want us to be on the same side? :innocent: :rofl_2:

Well relax.  Roger is still my guy.  Murray has enough backing from sid and Murrayfan so they don't need me!  They are doing just great without my help. ;-()

Not at all, this is the only positive thing/post I have seen from you RE: Andy Murray  :)  I was a little shocked if honest by your post,
I have no problems with it at all. 

I know you didn't like Andy's attitude on court (I myself have also stressed this very point  ;-() ) This for me is his biggest negative for him (But I have always stood by the guy, all with my snide remarks and sly digs of this very negative attitude by Andy, simply because I love to watch him play and have huge respect for his game............but all the while I have made my feelings over his attitude quite clear (in my previous posts of this), I like the fact I can enjoy one of my fave players BUT also show negative views on his/her behaviour on the court  :)

I am also so very aware that Roger is still your guy  :rofl_2:  ..-) No need to remind  ;-()
dallas and alison, i like your duels.........i am enjoying it........

Well, Alison and I have an understanding, although she is upset with me right now because I broke a cardinal rule and posted something that she said in a PM for me....which I have apologized for...but I don't think she's ready to forgive me yet. :(  She says she can't trust me.  But you know what... I'm going to make it up to her and one day she'll be ok with me again (I hope)...Because in spite of her 'tough' stance that she likes to take here... I do enjoy Alison. ;-()

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #282 on: August 07, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
I didn't see this posted. Thought it was interesting as Andy's philosphy about the Olympics is similar to Rafa's.

Kevin Eason, Sports News Correspondent in Beijing

Andy Murray will stick close to Jamie, his brother, when he checks into the Athletes’ Village for the 2008 Olympic Games, mainly because there will be few familiar faces from tennis among the 16,000 competitors and officials housed there.

While Murray sleeps on a single bed, with a bedside table provided by the B&Q do-it-yourself chain and sponsor of the British Olympic team, Roger Federer, the five-times Wimbledon winner, is staying in five-star luxury at a hotel in Beijing. Murray is perplexed that players he meets on the tennis circuit have shunned the experience of mixing with fellow athletes in the confines of one of the most spectacular athletes’ villages ever built for an Olympic Games.

“I think quite a few of the tennis players are staying in hotels but I don’t understand why you would want to,” he said. “If you make the decision to play in the Olympics, why would you want to stay anywhere else? It’s a great experience to spend time with the greatest athletes in the world and I’m sure that I will speak to some of them.”

Murray has propelled himself onto the list of gold medal contenders after the biggest win of his career last weekend at the Cincinatti Masters Series event, and he will find out after the draw tomorrow who he meets in the first round. Rafael Nadal, the new world No 1, arrives as favourite while Federer will hope to overturn the run of outsiders who have won Olympic gold. The final in Athens four years ago saw Nicolas Massu take victory over Mardy Fish.

No1 Nadal looms large for Murray
The British No 1 could meet the Wimbledon champion in the quarter-finals after a tough Olympics draw

If Murray fails in the singles, he has a chance in the doubles, where he is partnered with his brother. “I think we have a decent chance,” Andy said. “We have played a lot together and I guess we will be dark horses. There’s no reason why we can’t get close to winning a medal.”

Good boy, Andy!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2008, 09:25:48 PM »
I didn't see this posted. Thought it was interesting as Andy's philosphy about the Olympics is similar to Rafa's.

Andy Murray will stick close to Jamie, his brother, when he checks into the Athletes’ Village for the 2008 Olympic Games, mainly because there will be few familiar faces from tennis among the 16,000 competitors and officials housed there.

While Murray sleeps on a single bed, with a bedside table provided by the B&Q do-it-yourself chain and sponsor of the British Olympic team, Roger Federer, the five-times Wimbledon winner, is staying in five-star luxury at a hotel in Beijing. Murray is perplexed that players he meets on the tennis circuit have shunned the experience of mixing with fellow athletes in the confines of one of the most spectacular athletes’ villages ever built for an Olympic Games.

“I think quite a few of the tennis players are staying in hotels but I don’t understand why you would want to,” he said. “If you make the decision to play in the Olympics, why would you want to stay anywhere else? It’s a great experience to spend time with the greatest athletes in the world and I’m sure that I will speak to some of them.”

Murray has propelled himself onto the list of gold medal contenders after the biggest win of his career last weekend at the Cincinatti Masters Series event, and he will find out after the draw tomorrow who he meets in the first round. Rafael Nadal, the new world No 1, arrives as favourite while Federer will hope to overturn the run of outsiders who have won Olympic gold. The final in Athens four years ago saw Nicolas Massu take victory over Mardy Fish.

The British No 1 could meet the Wimbledon champion in the quarter-finals after a tough Olympics draw

If Murray fails in the singles, he has a chance in the doubles, where he is partnered with his brother. “I think we have a decent chance,” Andy said. “We have played a lot together and I guess we will be dark horses. There’s no reason why we can’t get close to winning a medal.”

Good boy, Andy!

Yes, but remember, Roger stayed in the Village in 2000, he also stayed in the Villeage in 2004... so it's "been there, done that".  Why is everyone making a big deal about him staying in a hotel???  I don't get why everyone is picking on Roger.  You see the stories about how he's mobbed everywhere he goes in the Village.  Just think it he stayed there all the time!  He would get no rest.  He said that happened in 2004 and this year is 10-times worse!  I don't think Andy is mobbed like Roger has been.  In Roger's press conference, they said there were 4-times as many people in that room than it held.  When he went shopping, the store was over-run by people trying to get autographs and pictures; when he came in the  lunch area to eat, he never got his food because so many people lined up to get pictures and autographs.  The only place he CAN REST is at the hotel.  So I have no problem with him staying wherever he wants and I'm kind of getting tired of the media trying to make a big deal out of him staying at a hotel.

...Rant over...

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #284 on: August 07, 2008, 10:36:19 PM »
allright. I am sick and tired of watching Alison and Dallas go back and forth. Yeah Murray can stick to not wearing a cardigan and jackets but why the he!! do you need to bring Federer and your hatred into every single thread of yours?! I have been ignoring it and keeping this a thread on Murray alone.

This is getting ridicuolous.

Oh wait, I forgot to add:  IMHO

Keep posting about Federer, I love it. Go ahead mention Federer's cardigan and such when we are talking about Murray not brushing his teeth because you know, that's the first thing that comes into one's mind. Go ahead. Also keep fighting about your pm's, I love that too cuz I totally want to hear a 100 times per day how we can't trust our pm's to stay private.

Murray, who's Murray?

End Rant.

oh mabye I should add again, this is all IMHO

:cool:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #285 on: August 07, 2008, 10:40:10 PM »
allright. I am sick and tired of watching Alison and Dallas go back and forth. Yeah Murray can stick to not wearing a cardigan and jackets but why the he!! do you need to bring Federer and your hatred into every single thread of yours?! I have been ignoring it and keeping this a thread on Murray alone.

Keep posting about Federer, I love it. Go ahead mention Federer's cardigan and such when we are talking about Murray not brushing his teeth because you know, that's the first thing that comes into one's mind. Go ahead. Also keep fighting about your pm's, I love that too cuz I totally want to hear a 100 times per day how we can't trust our pm's to stay private.

Murray, who's Murray?

End Rant.

:rofl_2: My humble apologies! :))  You are correct...this is MURRAY's thread... :))

You know it's time for me to go to bed when, not only does Alison get on me...but now Pawan! :rofl_2:

Good night guys! ;-()
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:41:45 PM by Dallas »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #286 on: August 07, 2008, 10:44:48 PM »

Murray, who's Murray?

End Rant.

:rofl_2: My humble apologies! :))  You are correct...this is MURRAY's thread... :))

You know it's time for me to go to bed when, not only does Alison get on me...but now Pawan! :rofl_2:

Good night guys! ;-()

ah.. didn't mean to send you to bed. I was enjoying reading Federer's thread just now. :) My bad, I just lost if for a minute there. Apologies  :daisies:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #287 on: August 08, 2008, 01:05:31 PM »
Why do you want me to say No Alison? :rofl_2: You don't want us to be on the same side? :innocent: :rofl_2:

Well relax.  Roger is still my guy.  Murray has enough backing from sid and Murrayfan so they don't need me!  They are doing just great without my help. ;-()

Not at all, this is the only positive thing/post I have seen from you RE: Andy Murray  :)  I was a little shocked if honest by your post,
I have no problems with it at all. 

I know you didn't like Andy's attitude on court (I myself have also stressed this very point  ;-() ) This for me is his biggest negative for him (But I have always stood by the guy, all with my snide remarks and sly digs of this very negative attitude by Andy, simply because I love to watch him play and have huge respect for his game............but all the while I have made my feelings over his attitude quite clear (in my previous posts of this), I like the fact I can enjoy one of my fave players BUT also show negative views on his/her behaviour on the court  :)

I am also so very aware that Roger is still your guy  :rofl_2:  ..-) No need to remind  ;-()
dallas and alison, i like your duels.........i am enjoying it........

Well, Alison and I have an understanding, although she is upset with me right now because I broke a cardinal rule and posted something that she said in a PM for me....which I have apologized for...but I don't think she's ready to forgive me yet. :(  She says she can't trust me.  But you know what... I'm going to make it up to her and one day she'll be ok with me again (I hope)...Because in spite of her 'tough' stance that she likes to take here... I do enjoy Alison. ;-()
yeah i too enjoy her posts! and also yours.......we have various characters in this forums........really enjoyable.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #288 on: August 08, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »
Well i hope for the next slam as a win for Murray.Be very hard for Andy but he looks in good shape atm.So fingers crossed for the US Open & i  :// for some good luck in the draw.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: August 08, 2008, 06:48:43 PM »

Good boy, Andy!

Thankyou for this  :)

The part in bold is great!!

That is what makes the Olympics great (soo many Great Olympians always speak of the need to be surrounded by Great Atheletes at the Olympics, speak and meet them, share the Great experience (NO MATTER HOW MANY TIME THEY HAVE BEEN !!!!!) That doesn't matter, they love the atmosphere, hanging out with the BEST ATHELETES!!!

Respect Andy  :) and good luck

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #290 on: August 08, 2008, 07:01:17 PM »

Murray, who's Murray?

End Rant.

:rofl_2: Love it  :rofl_2:

And yes I will mention your beloved Roger whenever I feel like it  :) Since NO RULE here NOT TO!!!!! (quick run away and create a NEW RULE: No mention of Roger on any other thread BUT THE ONE AND ONLY'S THREAD: OUR IDOL, OUR GOD WHO WE ARE AT OUR MERCY TO AND HAVE TO QUESTION TO : THE ONE AND ONLY ROGER FEDERER THREAD) = NO THANXS I will mention him when I want  :)

Since Roger is mentioned on WTA THREADS, when Roger is mentioned during WTA matches I will mention YOUR BELOVED ROGER Whenever I feel like it!!!!!!

:whistle:  :whistle:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: August 08, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Good Alison, Good!!!!!  But if you read the previous post, you would see that I was slammed for mentioning Roger.  Heck, I love it when Roger is mentioned, so please feel free to continue to mention him anytime you'd like. :whistle:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 07:20:39 PM by Dallas »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #292 on: August 08, 2008, 10:46:53 PM »

Murray, who's Murray?

End Rant.

:rofl_2: Love it  :rofl_2:

And yes I will mention your beloved Roger whenever I feel like it  :) Since NO RULE here NOT TO!!!!! (quick run away and create a NEW RULE: No mention of Roger on any other thread BUT THE ONE AND ONLY'S THREAD: OUR IDOL, OUR GOD WHO WE ARE AT OUR MERCY TO AND HAVE TO QUESTION TO : THE ONE AND ONLY ROGER FEDERER THREAD) = NO THANXS I will mention him when I want  :)

Since Roger is mentioned on WTA THREADS, when Roger is mentioned during WTA matches I will mention YOUR BELOVED ROGER Whenever I feel like it!!!!!!

:whistle:  :whistle:

Of course, I expected nothing less from you, naturally. now lets continue fighting about this shall we? Yes, MENTION ROGER WHEREVER YOU WANT YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO!

wait, I forgot to add:  IMHO

what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Federer. In fact, can we just change the title of this thread? There is NO RULE, SO LETS MAKE UP RULES. wHAT RULES ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?

i LOVE TALKING  garbage. lets continue doing that.

I'm really losing it. Later folks.

edit: Sorry I went too far. And Dallas I actually didn't direct anything at you in my original post (edit again: actually I did in the first line but that was it) but I guess you were in there somewhere. It's when someone makes a thread in the name of Murray and then goes on to talk about everything but Murray in thier own thread.. whatever.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:21:58 PM by pawan89 »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #293 on: August 08, 2008, 11:32:38 PM »
Maybe I'm the only one confused. :confused1:  I thought you Pawan, were upset because I mentioned Roger in this thread.  Then Alison comes on fussing at me (I thought) because she thought I was the one saying not to mention Roger... Then you comes back and .....heck, I'm so confused.  Let's just drop what were were upset about and start over!?  I promise I won't mention Roger anymore in Andy's thread.  Is that a deal?  Are you ok with that? :confused1: :Confused:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »
Maybe I'm the only one confused. :confused1:  I thought you Pawan, were upset because I mentioned Roger in this thread.  Then Alison comes on fussing at me (I thought) because she thought I was the one saying not to mention Roger... Then you comes back and .....heck, I'm so confused.  Let's just drop what were were upset about and start over!?  I promise I won't mention Roger anymore in Andy's thread.  Is that a deal?  Are you ok with that? :confused1: :Confused:

Haha, don't worry about it. We'll just drop everything.  :king:

I just can't believe I fell for Alison's Federer garbage again. You've only mentioned him in response to Alison obsessive gushing over him, so nothing wrong with that. specifically, this is where I lost it:

well Sid, Djokovic is turning into Andy's b!tch  :rofl_2:. Murray is a better player right now. Period.

Wow...that was off the chain man!   

I've always liked Murray and it's great to see him rounding into form. 

I would like to see him do more of the following things:
  • Shave
  • Comb his hair
  • Brush his teeth
  • Smile

Trust me, I like this dude and I only want the best for him. :)

You realize that if he doesn't smile, he woulnd't need to brush his teeth. And if he does shave and goes Agassi style, he wouldn't have to comb his hair, not to mention the aerodynamic effects.
That's what I call efficiency. All focus on tennis and tennis alone  :rofl_2:

Pawan, this guy always looks like he just rolled out of bed!

Yep this guy doesn't bother IMHO of looking great on court, he isn't IMHO going to need  a Jacket, trousers and a cardigan to show himself off, his hair IMHO is horrible at times  :whistle: but at least he doesn't use Jackets, trousers or cardigans to promote himself (thank god for that) If he did I would worry greatly  :))  Let's hope he stays this grounded and doesn't bow the pressures like another  :zipped:

Stay down to earth Andy, keep your unkept hairstyle (even if I don't like it), stay true to yourself  :)

But I apologize. No point losing my cool over b.s. I was also just online for a few minutes that day after a tiring day and I come here to just follow some good tennis stuff and that stuff just threw me off.

I'm sorry. Peace?  :flowers:  :)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2008, 06:15:33 PM »
Well i hope for the next slam as a win for Murray.Be very hard for Andy but he looks in good shape atm.So fingers crossed for the US Open & i  :// for some good luck in the draw.

Ditto  :)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2008, 11:04:51 AM »
Time for Andy 2 get ready for the US Open.
Bump.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: August 12, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »
Bump.

:coffee:

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #298 on: August 12, 2008, 05:14:16 PM »
Bump.
Yep. He has to get ready for a first-round loss.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2008, 07:46:12 PM »
Bump.
Yep. He has to get ready for a first-round loss.

It might wake him up  :))