Author Topic: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)  (Read 91580 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: ANDY MURRAY THREAD (quotes, pictures, articles, etc.)
« Reply #1160 on: March 09, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »
Andy Murray faced just once the man who was born within a week of him in the whole of 2009 and 2010.  That single match against Novak Djokovic was the final of the 2009 Miami Masters and it was the last time Murray beat his friend and rival until Djokovic retired injured in the final of last year’s Cincinnati Masters. Up to last week, that is.
For Murray has been knocking on the Serb’s door for a while. He almost brought the Djokovic 2011 run to an end at the Rome Masters. He almost pulled off a sensational win in a searing five-set battle in the semis of the Australian Open. Then last week, Murray did beat Djokovic in the semis of Dubai.
If the men’s draw of the BNP Paribas Open pans out as it should, therefore, this renewed rivalry could produce another gem of a semi-final. Such a scenario would also renew the long-standing rivalry of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, and in all their 28 matches, they have never met at Indian Wells.
Between them, three of these four men have won seven of the last eight titles at Indian Wells and two of them contested the final last year. Djokovic won a tight three-setter and rose to No2 in the world, and he and fellow finalist Nadal have held the top two spots ever since, switching positions at Wimbledon. But since Indian Wells 2011, they have contested six more finals, all in Masters or Grand Slams, and Djokovic has won them all.
So who among this huge Indian Wells draw of 96 can prevent these four from reaching their designated places? And can Federer and Murray stop the world Nos 1 and 2 from hogging the limelight again?Novak Djokovic quarterIn truth, it’s hard to see anyone halting the Djokovic locomotive before the semi-finals. He may have fallen to Murray in Dubai, but the hot dry conditions there served to oil his match-play after a post-Melbourne layoff. And looking at him around the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, he could not look more relaxed and confident—joking with the crowd, playing football with his mates and walking with the bearing of a world No1. He begins his title defence against qualifier Andrey Golubev, a hugely talented former No33 who seems to have lost his way in the last 12 months. Djokovic’s first seed should be the No29 winner of last week’s Delray Beach, Kevin Anderson, though Philipp Kohlschreiber, one place outside the seedings, is another flair player on a good day.
 Talking of flair, the fourth round should bring Richard Gasquet or Florian Mayer, both with charismatic games that can penetrate the very best, but both victims of inconsistency.
 Even Djokovic’s potential quarter-final opponent, No7 Tomas Berdych, has beaten him only once, at Wimbledon in 2010. All their remaining eight matches, all on hard courts, went to the Serb. Berdych also has to first negotiate Andy Roddick, who the home crowd will be hoping has a reversal of recent fortune. Roddick’s success on hard courts will at least work in his favour.
 Semi-finalist: Djokovic. Matches to look out for: Mayer v Gasquet R3; Roddick v Karlovic, R2; Roddick v Berdych, R3.Andy Murray quarter Murray has a very fine record in the American hard-court Masters: He has won at least one every year since 2008, but Indian Wells is the only one of them missing from his resume. He reached the final in 2009 but lost in the first round last year—though that means, if he wins this year and Federer falls far short of his 2011 semi-final finish, Murray will be snapping at the Swiss’s No3 heels again.
 Ironically, he and Federer look to have the trickiest quarters to navigate. Murray’s first round is against a former No23 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, though he is in something of a rut at the moment. Round 3 should hold No25 seed Viktor Troicki but the Serb must beat the teenage American star, Ryan Harrison, who reached the fourth round here last year. He was a semi-finalist in San Jose last month and took a set off Murray at the Australian Open. With crowd support and on a good day, he will be an early challenge.
 The fourth round could bring an interesting match up with either Stan Wawrinka or Gilles Simon. Murray has had some very tough encounters with the former, going down in a dramatic four-setter at the 2010 US Open.
 The bottom of Murray’s quarter could feature a fourth-round showdown between the top two Americans and Davis Cup mates, No8 Mardy Fish and No11 John Isner. The former, the 2008 Indian Wells finalist, usually finds his best on the American hard courts and now lives in Los Angeles. He would be a popular winner if he could take his first Masters here.
 John Isner, standing at a career high, has only beaten Fish on clay, but he is improving with every month. Of course, he may first have to beat his famous record-breaking Wimbledon opponent, Nicolas Mahut.
 Semi-finalist: Murray. Matches to look out for: Troicki v Harrison R2; Wawrinka v Simon, R3; Wawrinka v Murray, R4; Isner v Fish, R4.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #1161 on: March 22, 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
Andy Murray's Olympic kit 2012 !!! :lmao: :lmao: :) :) :cool: :cool:

what do you think guys ?? looks great..Adidas has done a excellent job !!  :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:29:32 AM by ashwin#1 »
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #1162 on: March 22, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »
I like the shorts and the shoes....the shirt is too multicoloured

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline sid

• Tennis God

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1164 on: March 31, 2012, 06:27:43 PM »
Frustrated Andy Murray ready for Miami showdown with Novak Djokovic

Britain's Andy Murray will face the defending champion Novak Djokovic in a repeat of their momentous Australian Open semi-final after the Serbian world No1 claimed a 6-0, 7-6 (7-5) win over Argentina's Juan Mónaco to book his place in Sunday's Sony Ericsson Open final – an event regarded as the fifth grand slam – in Miami.
In contrast to Britain's world No4, who advanced without playing a shot as Rafael Nadal withdrew through injury, what looked like being a simple outing for Djokovic turned into something more taxing as Mónaco battled back in the second set.
Murray was disappointed not to be able to put his gameplan, worked out with his coach Ivan Lendl, to the test. "Every time you play against one of the top guys in the world, it's always a good opportunity to see where your game's at," he said.
"I have been working with Ivan now for a couple of months, on certain tactics that would work against Rafa, Novak and Roger [Federer]. It would have been nice to see whether or not those things were working."
Murray will now get the chance to try out some of those tactics as he faces Djokovic for the third time this season in his bid to win a second title of the season, following his victory over Ukrainian Alexandr Dolgopolov in Brisbane in January.
Djokovic beat the Scot in five sets in the Australian Open semi-final on his way to claiming the Melbourne crown in a match regarded as one of the best in recent years, but Murray got his revenge at the same stage in Dubai.
Djokovic's victory over the Argentinian was similar to his victory over the Spaniard David Ferrer on Friday. The first set could barely have been simpler for Djokovic as he dropped only eight points.
And though Mónaco upped his game in the second set, making life uncomfortable for the top seed, Djokovic seemed to be on his way to a straightforward win as he served for the match at 5-4. But, just as Ferrer did, Mónaco broke back and took the set into a tie-break.
It only delayed the inevitable, though, as the defending champion sealed his progress on his second match point. "As I did in the quarter-finals, I started very strong, just going for the shots, being very aggressive," Djokovic said. "Then I just wasn't able to close it out. It was an exciting match I think for us to play and for the crowd. I didn't expect an easy match and I'm just happy to be through."
Nadal, meanwhile, revealed he pulled out of his semi-final against Murray because he did not want to "lie to everybody". The world No 2 fell foul yet again of his long-suffering knees in Miami, this time his left one, handing Murray a free pass.
Nadal still opted to face the media, though, and admitted he made the decision, albeit just two hours prior to the start, in the interests of honesty. "I waited until the morning. I did a lot of treatment yesterday," he said.
"But I am not ready to compete. I am very sorry for the fans. I'm very sorry for the tournament. I'm very sorry for everybody who was ready to watch the match on television. I cannot go on court and lie to everybody."

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1165 on: April 01, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »
Lendl to be Honored in Barcelona in April

Ivan Lendl will get the star treatment from the Barcelona Open when he travels to the clay court event next month to guide pupil Andy Murray. Lendl, 51, claimed the title in Spain's tennis capital in 1980 and 1981 and will hoping to help Murray to a breakthrough success at Catalonia.

While his major       duties will be working with world No. 3 Murray, Lendl will take time on       Thursday, April 26 to receive his honor from the tournament where Rafael       Nadal rules. The ceremony will be part of celebrations of the 60th       edition of the tournament held at the Real Club de Tenis.
US-based Lendl       reached at least one major final for eleven consecutive years and won       eight major trophies, led by three on clay at Roland Garros.
Murray, who has lost       three major finals, can take courage from his coach, who lost four       before starting his own streak of success three decades ago.
"I'm able to deal       with a bad loss a lot better," said Murray. "Having Ivan around helps,       he's been through many of those experiences. A year or two ago there       would be a problem or I'd play a bad match and rather than getting the       issue sorted out it would drag on for a little while and affect my       practice
"Ivan knows the right       advice to give. I obviously ask him questions about what he would have       done and how he would deal with certain situations."

Offline OnlineTennisInstruction

• Tennis Player
    • Online Tennis Instruction
« Reply #1166 on: April 06, 2012, 03:37:28 AM »
Hey guys,

I was fortunate enough to watch Murray play against Simon last week in Miami and it was quite impressive to be honest. His balance and agility are unreal and also the way he works the points was impressive. Nevertheless he still does not seem to play as aggressive as he probably should and he was getting upset quite a bit as well.

I think Lendl had a good influence on him already and it will be very interesting to see how much he can help him towards a more aggressive game and a better mindset.

If you are into it you can check out my analysis of Andy Murray's overall game right here:
http://www.onlinetennisinstruction.com/andymurray.html

Cheers,

Florian

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #1167 on: April 13, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
Andy murray practising in Monte-carlo !!
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1168 on: April 14, 2012, 02:36:26 AM »
I still can NOT believe that Adidas decided to support Murray and let Djokovic go. They must be eating themselves alive over this stupid thing. Listen guys, I love both Nole and Andy but Adidas f**ked it up so badly here, this was the stupidest business decision ever.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1169 on: April 17, 2012, 07:04:12 AM »
I still can NOT believe that Adidas decided to support Murray and let Djokovic go. They must be eating themselves alive over this stupid thing. Listen guys, I love both Nole and Andy but Adidas f**ked it up so badly here, this was the stupidest business decision ever.

Adidas did not f**ked it badly,your see Alex :)~ one down from Serbia  :)~ hope your boy is next :innocent: :whistle:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1170 on: April 17, 2012, 07:06:32 AM »
 Andy Murray beats Viktor Troicki at Monte Carlo Masters Andy Murray marked his first clay-court outing this season with an emphatic victory over Viktor Troicki to reach round three of the Monte Carlo Masters.
The Scot mixed aggressive attacking play with dogged defence to dominate his Serbian opponent throughout, winning 6-0 6-3 in 67 minutes.
British number one Murray, who received a first-round bye, will next play Julien Benneteau or Jurgen Melzer.
He is also in doubles action with brother Jamie later on Tuesday.
"It was a good start," said Murray, seeded third behind Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.
"Normally it has taken me a few matches to get used to the clay but today I moved well from the beginning and that's really important for me on this surface.
"I haven't had that much time on clay to work on things - I will get that in next five or six weeks before the French Open."
Murray could not have wished for a better start to the clay swing, improving his career record against Troicki to 5-0 with minimal fuss.
The world number four moved served and returned brilliantly to move 4-0 up for the loss of just two points.
Troicki, ranked 30th, fought back from 0-40 to level game five only for a brilliant defensive winner to hand Murray the triple-break.
He served out the 27-minute first set and, despite facing greater resistance early in the second, gained the crucial break in game three.
Murray combined pinpoint groundstrokes with subtle drop shots to leave Troicki helpless and the Serb went long in game nine to end his misery.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1171 on: April 22, 2012, 07:34:10 PM »
 :)~
You are everything I am not.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #1173 on: April 23, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »
Andy Murray Ready for Barcelona Challenge

World No. 4 Andy Murray has attended his first official press conference today at the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell. After he fell to Tomas Berdych in the Monte Carlo quarter-finals, the Scot has set eyes to achieve a better result in the Catalan capital: “On clay I usually need to win some matches to get into the rhythm. I love this tournament and look forward to my first match against Stakhovsky,” said Murray.

Last year Murray was forced to drop out of the tournament due to a right elbow injury. “It feels great to be back in Barcelona, I feel at home here. I hope to achieve a good result and win some matches,” told the 24-year-old the media at the Real Club Tenis Barcelona.

For the Scot, it is important to catch more experience against the top players on clay, such as against Rafael Nadal in Monte Carlo and Roland Garros last year. The two top seeds can only face each other in the final in Barcelona.

Murray is confident that he can improve his performance under new coach and former Trofeo Conde de Godó champion Ivan Lendl: “It has only been three months with Lendl but he has a lot of experience and knows how to face the challenges on all different surfaces. I hope to improve my performance on clay until Roland Garros.”

His big goal this year are the two important events in Great Britain, with Wimbledon and the 2012 London Olympic Games being held at the famous All England Lawn Tennis Club. “It is very important to prepare well for these tournaments and to recover fast as Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the Olympic Games are very close to each other. There is a lot of pressure on me, I hope to achieve a great result,” Murray concluded.

Entrevista a Andy Murray

Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1174 on: April 30, 2012, 07:08:31 PM »

Adidas did not f**ked it badly,your see Alex :)~ one down from Serbia  :)~ hope your boy is next :innocent: :whistle:
lol Sid, they did ... one down, who is the other one? lol ... and I have 2 boys ... Djokovic and Murray (I gave up on Gasquet  :whistle:)

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
« Reply #1175 on: May 14, 2012, 01:44:14 AM »
Andy Murray's Olympic kit 2012 !!! :lmao: :lmao: :) :) :cool: :cool:

what do you think guys ?? looks great..Adidas has done a excellent job !!  :)

i love the idea of the union jack, but i think it should have taken up the entire shirt and kept the origional colors. the fit on the jacket is really quite ugly though. totally looks like something jim couriur wore back in the early 90s.  :zipped:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1177 on: June 02, 2012, 09:23:04 AM »
Murray up 2 sets to love, seems to be moving fine despite back spasms earlier this week.  Giraldo sure can spank the ball, but his percentages are low.  Things looking pretty good for Andy (not Roddick) today. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #1178 on: June 04, 2012, 02:29:48 PM »
:)~
What did you think today Emma with Murray beating Gasquet?those who said Murray has no forhand want to look again,it was so strong today.Gasquet this year has played better than the last few years this year.(don't let BGT hear me say that)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1179 on: June 24, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »
Hello children of the corn.  :)~

Okay, okay, I keed. I mean hello you all lovely people (Alex, Siddy, pawan, falcon, hunting, Kitty, Shankar, herc, Babs, Monster, Swish, Scot, Dallas etc. I have a such a long list, really). Hope you guys are really doing well and very, very happy. I had such a fun time with you all and there are so many fond memories when I look back, really. There were some rough times as well and I do apologize to all of you if I were hard on you or mean to you one time or another. No matter how harsh I sounded, I genuinely had no intention of truly hurting anyone. Just know that, in the end, I have nothing but very good memories of all of you.  :)

Anyway, I know Wimbledon is starting tomorrow and so I want to wish you and your players all the best. Yes, yes I am still supporting Andy (and Nole too) and I still believe in him. His day will come.

I miss you guys. Take care.  :)

Shankar, congratulations on your boy. I am sure it made you all Rafa fans very happy. I definitely wanted Nole to win but I didn't mind Rafa winning either. Hope it's everyone's time eventually. Be good!

You are everything I am not.