Author Topic: Nadal vs. Nishikori Queens 2008 Highlights  (Read 2900 times)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Nadal vs. Nishikori Queens 2008 Highlights
« on: June 13, 2008, 01:42:34 AM »
A few notes. This file is big. Like real big. ~ 300 mb, ~ 25 minutes big. Don't ask me why.

Actually I'll tell you why. It's been a while since I made highlights, so I did get a little carried away. In fact I went back and watched some of the highlights and some of it was .. well on second thought if file size was an issue, some of it was not necessarily highlight material. But.. and this is the second reason, this is for everyone who wants a look at Nishikori. It wasn't a jaw-dropping match but this is match highlights plus some play to give everyone a little insight into Kei and what his game's like and what he's like, this is something I wish I could see of players like Gulbis and Cilic but these matches don't come around every day.
Also,the software I use does have a small glitch. It starts every clip a second or two before where I tell it to. So yeah, you do end up seeing some netted first serves, or the unecessarily long ball exchange and bounce patterns of one of the players and such that are unecessary in a highlight reel. This is something I didn't realize till I was done, so I'll see if I can either fix this glitch somehow or I might just have to start my clip once the serve's been hit, that way you catch the correct amount.
And as I said, I got carried away. I was afterall watching the match myself for the first time.

Oh and its Danish commentary but its only a highlight reel so you can deal, unless you understand the commentary in which case good for you :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J3B22UHG

Offline whospopin

• Tennis Player
Re: Nadal vs. Nishikori Queens 2008 Highlights
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:23:59 AM »
A few notes. This file is big. Like real big. ~ 300 mb, ~ 25 minutes big. Don't ask me why.

Actually I'll tell you why. It's been a while since I made highlights, so I did get a little carried away. In fact I went back and watched some of the highlights and some of it was .. well on second thought if file size was an issue, some of it was not necessarily highlight material. But.. and this is the second reason, this is for everyone who wants a look at Nishikori. It wasn't a jaw-dropping match but this is match highlights plus some play to give everyone a little insight into Kei and what his game's like and what he's like, this is something I wish I could see of players like Gulbis and Cilic but these matches don't come around every day.
Also,the software I use does have a small glitch. It starts every clip a second or two before where I tell it to. So yeah, you do end up seeing some netted first serves, or the unecessarily long ball exchange and bounce patterns of one of the players and such that are unecessary in a highlight reel. This is something I didn't realize till I was done, so I'll see if I can either fix this glitch somehow or I might just have to start my clip once the serve's been hit, that way you catch the correct amount.
And as I said, I got carried away. I was afterall watching the match myself for the first time.

Oh and its Danish commentary but its only a highlight reel so you can deal, unless you understand the commentary in which case good for you :)

Thanks. Nishikori's strokes are amazingly good... :))

Offline Paraten

• Tennis Player
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 03:34:52 AM »
Thanks Pawan!  25-minute highlight of grasscourt tennis...I think I'm in heaven!

Anyway this is my first look at Nishikori.  Yes he definitely has game, and huge powerful (though not heavy) strokes.  Seems quite versatile on grass.

Nadal looks good too but again he has to end points quicker than what he sometimes showed.

Paraten.

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 04:03:29 AM »

haha, pawan, when you told me you were making highlights of this match, I didn't expect 25 minutes  :rofl_2:. but it's all good. it might make it easier to compress the file with vdub (if you have time, and if you feel like it). I reduced 14 minutes fed vs. gonzo highlights from 132 mb to 97 mb. So 302 mb could become 225, a reduction of 25%, with little loss of quality.

Yes, Solveig misbehaves itself. I have my own ways of fixing those problems, but it's too complicated to explain. It involves Vdub + Solveig + file rejoiner. But thanks for those Nishikori highlights! I will take a look at them.  :)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 09:00:59 AM »
I'll try to fix it somehow, this never happened before. Is it too shabby? I guess I can compress it a little to make it smaller, thanks for the tips xartiex

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 10:23:11 AM »
wow thanks pawan!!!  One cannot watch enough highlights!!

also thanks to xartiex for the gonzo highlights!

I'm done editing several highlights, but am having trouble encoding.