Author Topic: NEED HELP IMDDEIATELY!!! Midplus or oversize  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: NEED HELP IMDDEIATELY!!! Midplus or oversize
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 06:06:46 AM »
The best move I made in high school was going to a midsize from my oversize racquet.  But I was a solid 4.0 at the time.  If you are looking for more control you could try stringing your racquet tighter.  Is it safe to say that the strings int he racquet you are using are the ones that came with the racquet?  Meaning they are probably bad strings and way overused.  If I had strings last me more than 30 hours on the court these days I would probably cut them out and replace them.  Strings lose tension over time and then get looser.  The looser the string the less control and more power that you have.

And I agree with Dmast, demo any racquet before you buy it.  And use it more than once.  Some people like the feel of a new racquet but by the second or third time using it they decide they do not like it after all.  Not always the case, but it happens.  I made the mistake of buying a racquet once without demoing it since it was the new edition of what I use to use.  I sold them both a month later...

Welcome to the forums!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 06:15:54 AM »
I think that in most stages of player development time and resources are best spent on instruction rather than gear.  A great player can still hit decent shots with a crappy racquet.  A poor player cannot, no matter what racquet or strings they use.

That being said, I love tennis gear!  As the other folks have mentioned already you are better off trying out several different racquets and going with what feels good.
Also, check with your coach.  If that person is knowledgeable, they may be able to steer you in the right direction.

Best of luck on the courts, and remember to have FUN! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline hellothere

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 03:23:54 PM »
You guys, i'm demoing two raquets

they are the:

wilson six one team HEADsIZE 95 square inch, 50 - 60 lbs tension, 18x20 string pattern, weight 10.2 oz., balance 33.0 cm

dunlop aerogel 300, headsize 98 square inch, 330 mm balance, stiffness/ra 64, 16x19 string pattern, 55-65 lbs tension,

ill be testing these out today and tomorrow and maybe friday

which do u guys think i should use though?

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 03:28:23 PM »
Racquet selection is very personal and only you can answer that.
So much depends on how the stick feels to you and string selection and tension can affect that as well.
If you are still in the early stages of development learning your strokes is going to have more affect on your game than a new stick-  although it's always fun to get new gear. ;-()
Try 'em out and see if you fall in love with either one.
Keep a record of the ones you try, the type of string, and tension.
No need to rush, if you don't like these, then try some more!!! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline hellothere

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
my current one is prine air freak headsize 110 square ft, 270 weight, 950 power, 68.6 cm length, 9.5 oz weight, 33.5 balance

55-65 weight lb, 16x19 pattern

Offline hellothere

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »
bump

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 05:14:29 AM »
So fill us in on the demos you've tried!
Don't forget, this is a message board, and some folks only check in here once or twice a week so be patient. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!