Author Topic: My tennis shoe dilemma  (Read 3769 times)

Offline prattennis_1

• Tennis Player
My tennis shoe dilemma
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:42:41 AM »
OK. Here's the deal. A couple of months ago I went out and bought some new New Bal. 654's. Before that I used to wear New Bal. 653's. Although, two months after purchasing the 654's I began to realize that it was a little longer than the 653 even though it was listed as the same size (11-and-half). I believe that I would be able to move on the court a little bit better if the empty space on the 654's were filled. Ultimately, my 654's seem to be a little too big for me.
Is there any way I can fill in this little bit of empty space without sacrificing any comfort on the court?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: My tennis shoe dilemma
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:46:36 AM »
transfer this thread to the appropriate place.......it's below......

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?board=34.0
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:54:53 AM »
if its very little, wouldn't tieing your shoe a little tigther do the trick? you could also double sock. those would be my best guesses. you could I guess put something in the front but that would be more annoying than comfortable.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:05:28 PM »
Double sock always works well like Pawan said.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:32:54 PM »
maybe i should go back and read the forum rules once.......coming to the issue, a triple sock would do even better i guess, if anyone had tried it earlier here?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Love2AceYou

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 06:58:23 PM »
If I may, I'd like to brag about my tennis shoe situation because I have saved over $400. If you don't mind taking the time to do this,  So...I'm on my 4th free pair of nike air tennis shoes. What I simply do is send them back every six months because I actually wear them out so fast. The key is I actually put a hole through them I wear them out so fast. Also there is a 2 year warrenty for other things.

Bottom line, Nike is great with returns, replacments and honoring warrenty's. I can help anyone out if they have questions. I'll post the letter I send them everytime and better yet, I'll post the number to the DIRECT SUPERVISOR...(I SPENT 1 HOUR ON HOLD GETTING THIS NUMBER!!!!!)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 07:27:33 PM »
i would like to know more yo!  New balance will only give you one free pair ever.  i wear shoes out in 4 to 5 weeks.
Scott Baker

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »
same w/ addidas.. fill us in on ur secret

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »
It's probably one those 6 month guarrentees. They guarrentee you won't burn through their soles in 6 months. You burn through them in less than 6 months, and they replace them. I guess Nike has no limits on the replacement policy. :dunno:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 09:41:36 PM »
It's probably one those 6 month guarrentees. They guarrentee you won't burn through their soles in 6 months. You burn through them in less than 6 months, and they replace them. I guess Nike has no limits on the replacement policy. :dunno:

I would imagine that's what it is too.  Back in the day I thought Nike would replace the original pair only.  But that was back in 1993-1994 when I use to take advantage of that.  I need to relook at the options because as I have said, and shown in photos, shoes last a mere 4-5 weeks for me.
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 08:02:34 AM »
No way!   I am most certainly not aware of any shoe company that offers something better than replacing 1 pair of shoes!  I have gotten many free replacement shoes off of the 6 month gaurantees (many different brands also) but never more than 1 pair per. 

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 09:06:40 PM »
No way!   I am most certainly not aware of any shoe company that offers something better than replacing 1 pair of shoes!  I have gotten many free replacement shoes off of the 6 month gaurantees (many different brands also) but never more than 1 pair per. 

Shoot, even one per pair would be amazing for me right now!!!
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 09:14:45 PM »
No way!   I am most certainly not aware of any shoe company that offers something better than replacing 1 pair of shoes!  I have gotten many free replacement shoes off of the 6 month gaurantees (many different brands also) but never more than 1 pair per. 

Shoot, even one per pair would be amazing for me right now!!!

It is definitely available.............all you have to do is buy any of the brands top of the line shoe and you will get the 6 month gaurantee.    Shoot, if you look a little you can get shoes for about $70 or $80 that still have the gaurantee..........so that would be 2 pairs for $80!   ;-()

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 09:26:32 PM »
Well, like I mentioned before though.  I sent a pair back to New Balance maybe 12 months after I sent a previous pair back.  I never heard back so I called them, they said that they only offer that once per lifetime.  I never tried sending anything in again.
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 12:39:26 PM »
Well, like I mentioned before though.  I sent a pair back to New Balance maybe 12 months after I sent a previous pair back.  I never heard back so I called them, they said that they only offer that once per lifetime.  I never tried sending anything in again.

Once per lifetime?????????????      I have never heard of that one!   Like I said, all the major companies offer one replacement per pair that you ruin in less than 6 months! 

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »
Less than 6 weeks is easy for me.  I will try again next time.  Kinda ruins the "order 5 pairs at once" theme though.
Scott Baker

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 09:38:45 AM »
Less than 6 weeks is easy for me.  I will try again next time.  Kinda ruins the "order 5 pairs at once" theme though.

Order 5 pairs at once is done by me when I find a shoe that I like and it is on its way out and down around $40 per pair!   ;-()      The interesting thing is if you can find the 6 month guarantee on an $80 shoe then that of course (for us) is 2 pairs for $80.  Then you have gotten 2 pairs of the, at least in theory, better-more-expensive shoe for the same price as 2 of the cheaper shoes! 

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 01:27:01 PM »
I usually order a few pair at once to save on shipping and handling.
Scott Baker

Offline davidfield375

• New Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 05:41:42 AM »
I would suggest an insole, they sell them in most shoe shops, and if that fails then ware 2 pairs of socks! :p
I love online betting, especially when I win!