Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
Hello
« on: June 20, 2008, 03:10:34 AM »
Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the forum, and I've been following tennis since I was about 5 years old. My favourite player is Juan Carlos Ferrero, I've met him a few times and he's lovely. Other faves are Ferrer, Robredo, Monaco, and Gonzalez.

Cya round guys

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:15:46 AM »
Welcome to the forums FF!  (BTW, we love abbreviations)  :)

Glad you found us here.  Feel free to chime in anywhere, we love our tennis here and we love to chat about it.

Very cool that you got to meet your favorite player, I am sure that was truly awesome.  I have always like Ferrero, he seems like a very classy guy.

Welcome!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:02:23 AM »
Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the forum, and I've been following tennis since I was about 5 years old. My favourite player is Juan Carlos Ferrero, I've met him a few times and he's lovely. Other faves are Ferrer, Robredo, Monaco, and Gonzalez.

Cya round guys

Let me welcome you as well!  a JCF fan!  That's good.  We need more posters of other players on board!  Hope you post often! :))

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:11:59 AM »
Welcome here FF!    JCF, The Mosquito, is an awesome player!    I was lucky enough to see him beat Nadal on center court at Cincy...........that was a good day for me! 

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 01:34:55 PM »
Welcome to the forums, plenty of people that like Ferrero in here, but not sure if that's as a player :)~ Keep posting.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 05:23:15 AM »
Thanks very much everyone for the very warm welcome  :)

Ferrero is an awesome player, and yeah it's hard to deny he is pretty hot (though I think Juan Monaco is equally good looking). But yeah it's his personality that does it for me. I live in Melbourne, so I get to go to the Aus Open every year. In 2006 I got my first real opportunity to meet him when Hernych withdrew against him after 10 mins. So I asked him for a photo, and he said yes and continued talking with me for about 5 mins, and he was just lovely.

Then this years aus open was unbelievable. I saw him so often, and got another 4 photos with him (I only asked for one though, but it was great because during his autograph session i lined up purely so i can take more photos because my camera reset itself and I lost my photos of him from that day, and because I was dressed up in the Spanish colours, they asked me to go round the back. I had no idea what that was for, but I went, and they arranged a private meeting and photo session with him and about 6 others. He was just so nice, chatting with us, and he kissed all the girls on the cheek and shook the guys hands, so it was wayyy better than i expected). But the best part of the AO this year was watching his practice sessions, because he jokes around so much. At one practice he was trying to pack up, and he tried to hit balls into a bucket on the other side of the court. Naturally he kept missing, didn't get one in. So I said to him 'for a former number one, you're not very good (while laughing)' and he's like 'i'll use my hands, then I'll get them in'. Needless to say he was even worse using his hands, and he turned around to me and said 'i'm no good ;-()' and we both cracked up laughing. And during another practice with Monaco, they were playing a point and JC hit a winner, and then he stuck his hands up and said to the crowd 'isn't anyone gonna clap' and I think everyone thought he was arrogant, but I clapped and he started laughing and was like 'thanks, at least someone likes me'.  :))  I've got so many stories with players, but I'll stop there for now.Most of the ATP is so nice, not just Ferrero. Tennis players rock.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 05:27:32 AM »
Welcome to the forums Ferrero Forever  :) I hope you'll enjoy your time spent there, and nice player to have as your favourite in Juan Carlos!  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 05:37:16 AM »
That sounds awesome Ferrero Forever! It's nice to have another female on the board. Carry on posting your experiences and stories on here, we're all interested!

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 05:47:27 AM »
Thanks heaps guys. Is this forum heavily populated with males?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 05:50:17 AM »

Yeah there's a lot more males to females, but we're getting more and more females each month which is great for the balance  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 05:58:41 AM »

Yeah there's a lot more males to females, but we're getting more and more females each month which is great for the balance  :)
Oh ok, great:) Well I intend on hanging around here. It seems like a really nice forum from what I've seen, it actually rather surprising to say 'Ferrero's my fave player' without someone saying 'why? he sucks?'. Everyone here seems really tolerant of eachother

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 06:02:54 AM »
Yeah, this place is like a great big family. Reading that post about your meetings with JCF, that sounds awesome and it's great that you can just chat and laugh with a pro tennis player like that. As many people say, they're all really down to earth!

Offline Kupper

• Tennis Player
  • Rapacious Friar
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 06:02:57 AM »
Let me say welcome (I'm newcomer too) and I like to say The real man Ferrero. I like the guy. Not just his game. I think there's very few true man in every way like Huan Karlos.
'Nosce Te Ipsum'

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 06:08:37 AM »
Let me say welcome (I'm newcomer too) and I like to say The real man Ferrero. I like the guy. Not just his game. I think there's very few true man in every way like Huan Karlos.

Thanks. Can I ask you, are you from MTF? And I should welcome you to the forum too:)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 06:09:55 AM »

Thanks. Can I ask you, are you from MTF? And I should welcome you to the forum too:)

I think I can answer for Kupper there, I believe he is "Manon" on MTF.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 06:19:54 AM »

Thought so. "Huan Karlos" gave it away:P I think you can probably guess my MTF username too hehe.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 06:22:54 AM »

Thought so. "Huan Karlos" gave it away:P I think you can probably guess my MTF username too hehe.

Erm, I'd guess maybe Ferrero Forever? If not then I can't guess, unless it's Huan Karlos.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 06:26:53 AM »

Erm, I'd guess maybe Ferrero Forever? If not then I can't guess, unless it's Huan Karlos.
Haha nah. I'm Juanqui Lover (I know, stupid nickname I made up years ago, but I'm gonna change it to Ferrero Forever on MTF too. Not that thats any less corny, but it's slightly less pathetic)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 06:28:35 AM »

Haha nah. I'm Juanqui Lover (I know, stupid nickname I made up years ago, but I'm gonna change it to Ferrero Forever on MTF too. Not that thats any less corny, but it's slightly less pathetic)

Have you got a big post count on there? We've got a few posters that post there frequently, Alex, Kupper (Manon) and BGT. Have you thought about entering the interboard challenge in tournament predictions if you're not entering for MTF? We run plenty of competitions over here.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 06:42:46 AM »

Have you got a big post count on there? We've got a few posters that post there frequently, Alex, Kupper (Manon) and BGT. Have you thought about entering the interboard challenge in tournament predictions if you're not entering for MTF? We run plenty of competitions over here.
Well I'm about 8000 posts at MTF. And I've never heard of this interboard challenge, but I"ll look into the competitions. Though if fantasy tennis on the ATP website is anything to go by, I'll be useless