Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Hello
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 07:00:34 AM »
Nah, we have a few sweet games here during the slams and some of the Masters Series events.  We always enjoy those.  My favorite here is the Pick 'Em Games where we get a lot of 10 matches before each round and we predict the winner.  The further we are int he tournament the more each correct pick is worth.  Keeps it interactive per round and it is good fun.

I hope to see you blow right past 8,000 posts here!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 07:06:09 AM »
Nah, we have a few sweet games here during the slams and some of the Masters Series events.  We always enjoy those.  My favorite here is the Pick 'Em Games where we get a lot of 10 matches before each round and we predict the winner.  The further we are int he tournament the more each correct pick is worth.  Keeps it interactive per round and it is good fun.

I hope to see you blow right past 8,000 posts here!

Yeah, all the games here are good fun, it's great getting involved in them. For me I like the interboard challenge, I think that's like Fill In the Draw from MTF? I scan there every now and then... I've recently started hosting games like that for smaller tournaments.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 07:10:28 AM »
Thanks. I've put in my pics for the wimbledon interforum thingo, but as I said, I'm useless. Right now I'm doing Fantasy Tennis on the ATP site and thats fun, so I'll play a few on here too. I'm the same, the fill in the draw games are great, though I have a tendency to always pick my faves until they get to a match against someone I'm sure will beat them.

And Tennis4You, I will try to post as much as I can. I really like this forum from what I've seen. Especially the video section, hopefully someone will be able to provide me with the 2003 RG final. You guys have heaps of videos:D

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 07:12:22 AM »
Thanks. I've put in my pics for the wimbledon interforum thingo, but as I said, I'm useless. Right now I'm doing Fantasy Tennis on the ATP site and thats fun, so I'll play a few on here too. I'm the same, the fill in the draw games are great, though I have a tendency to always pick my faves until they get to a match against someone I'm sure will beat them.

And Tennis4You, I will try to post as much as I can. I really like this forum from what I've seen. Especially the video section, hopefully someone will be able to provide me with the 2003 RG final. You guys have heaps of videos:D

Yes, the video section is great here with plenty that will hit us with links, just post a thread there requesting what you want and I'm pretty sure someone will come up with the goods. So who do you have winning in the interboard? Not Ferrero? :)~

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 07:16:16 AM »

Yes, the video section is great here with plenty that will hit us with links, just post a thread there requesting what you want and I'm pretty sure someone will come up with the goods. So who do you have winning in the interboard? Not Ferrero? :)~

I've gone for Rafa. Realistically I dont' see Ferrero getting past the 1st round with his injury, and having to face Querry is tough. But regardless, I've made Ferrero get up to Novak and then lose. Though I would love it if Ferrero won, last years quarters experience was so exciting. But I think he'll be losing heaps of points this year:(

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 07:22:07 AM »

Thanks yo!  And only 7,986 posts left to go to get to 8,000!
Scott Baker

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 07:27:52 AM »

Give me a bit of time guys hehe. It took me 4 years to get that much on MTF. But I'll try:)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 07:29:10 AM »

I've gone for Rafa. Realistically I dont' see Ferrero getting past the 1st round with his injury, and having to face Querry is tough. But regardless, I've made Ferrero get up to Novak and then lose. Though I would love it if Ferrero won, last years quarters experience was so exciting. But I think he'll be losing heaps of points this year:(

You went to Wimbledon mens quarters last year? I was there on centre court watching Ferrero-Federer from a front row seat opposite the players, we even had JCF staring right at us for a moment, great experience.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 07:37:28 AM »

You went to Wimbledon mens quarters last year? I was there on centre court watching Ferrero-Federer from a front row seat opposite the players, we even had JCF staring right at us for a moment, great experience.
Oh I wish I was at that match live, but sadly not. I can only get to the Aus Open and Kooyong. I stayed up till about 6am to watch that match on tv. I did a victory lap of my house when Ferrero took the 2nd set. It was just great. He's never on TV here since the tennis coverage in Australia is appauling, so I rely on the videos

By the way, I just discovered the news section of this forum. I'm doing a double major in history/political science at uni, so I'm gonna love this bit.:D

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 07:39:21 AM »
Lol, nice that you're exploring the place. Shame you couldn't be there, it was a great match and fantastic to watch, I was so impressed with Ferrero during it, just a shame he couldn't hold onto it. But to take a set off Fed on grass isn't easy, so he did great.

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2008, 07:41:37 AM »
Lol, nice that you're exploring the place. Shame you couldn't be there, it was a great match and fantastic to watch, I was so impressed with Ferrero during it, just a shame he couldn't hold onto it. But to take a set off Fed on grass isn't easy, so he did great.
It's too bad he can't string too many wins together. I mean, I was thrilled when he beat Rafa at Rome, only to lose to Wawrinka. He's so unpredictable.

By the way, have you had a chance to meet Murray. He's not my fave player, but he's a really nice guy to talk to.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2008, 07:41:49 AM »

Give me a bit of time guys hehe. It took me 4 years to get that much on MTF. But I'll try:)

4 years!  Well, I guess it has taken me about that long to rack up this many posts on my own forum.  Regardless of how many posts you have, I hope you enjoy your time here!
Scott Baker

Offline Ferrero Forever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2008, 07:42:33 AM »

4 years!  Well, I guess it has taken me about that long to rack up this many posts on my own forum.  Regardless of how many posts you have, I hope you enjoy your time here!
Thanks, I'm sure I will. I already am :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2008, 07:43:07 AM »
It's too bad he can't string too many wins together. I mean, I was thrilled when he beat Rafa at Rome, only to lose to Wawrinka. He's so unpredictable.

By the way, have you had a chance to meet Murray. He's not my fave player, but he's a really nice guy to talk to.

Unfortunately no I haven't, although I post occassionally on his forum and have written a good luck message which will apparently be passed on to him on a card. I also am a big fan of his brother.

Offline Kupper

• Tennis Player
  • Rapacious Friar
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2008, 07:46:49 AM »
Let me say welcome (I'm newcomer too) and I like to say The real man Ferrero. I like the guy. Not just his game. I think there's very few true man in every way like Huan Karlos.

Thanks. Can I ask you, are you from MTF? And I should welcome you to the forum too:)

Manon from MTF. Good thing is - no hate here (thanks God).
'Nosce Te Ipsum'

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 06:57:40 PM »
Hi Everyone.

I'm new to the forum, and I've been following tennis since I was about 5 years old. My favourite player is Juan Carlos Ferrero, I've met him a few times and he's lovely. Other faves are Ferrer, Robredo, Monaco, and Gonzalez.

Cya round guys

welcome to the forums. post away and have a blast.