Author Topic: ALLEZ!! The Richard Gasquet Appreciation thread  (Read 27640 times)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: ALLEZ!! The Richard Gasquet Appreciation thread
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2008, 02:34:58 PM »
:// I have and still am picking Gasquet as my top contender beside the top 4. I'll take Gasquet anyday over Tsonga, Del Potro and all that.. I just hope he lives up to it,.. I want to see this be Gasquet's year.
Amen to that. I really feel that Gasquet should be ranked in top 5. I wouldn't mind Gasquet winning the AO even if he has to take Nole down (wow, did I just say this  :rofl_2:

He is top 5..... in the MTF Favorite Players poll. :rofl_2: He finished #5, behind Federer, Safin, Nadal, and Nalbandian. :)) Djokovic at 6 and Murray at 7. ;-()

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2008, 06:43:53 PM »
:// I have and still am picking Gasquet as my top contender beside the top 4. I'll take Gasquet anyday over Tsonga, Del Potro and all that.. I just hope he lives up to it,.. I want to see this be Gasquet's year.
Amen to that. I really feel that Gasquet should be ranked in top 5. I wouldn't mind Gasquet winning the AO even if he has to take Nole down (wow, did I just say this  :rofl_2:

He is top 5..... in the MTF Favorite Players poll. :rofl_2: He finished #5, behind Federer, Safin, Nadal, and Nalbandian. :)) Djokovic at 6 and Murray at 7. ;-()

Safin #2, Djokovic #6... duh.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2009, 12:20:31 PM »

how many times did you get to vote?  :innocent:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2009, 02:04:47 PM »

Once. You did your top 10 favorites and ranked them. The OTHER one (fave player of the year) was a month long behemoth of a competition. Every top 100 player got in. Then they did 2 polls to decide which players ranked 101-200 got WCs. Then they split the group into 12 groups of 10 and voting was open for a week. You could vote for as many as you wanted in each group. Only the top 3 or 4 advanced. Then that was split, so on, until now the top 10 poll is up.

Currently, the final poll as Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Tsonga, Simon, Gasquet, Safin, Ancic, Gulbis, and JCF, and you can only vote for one. Safin is winning that one.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2009, 02:21:35 PM »

Once. You did your top 10 favorites and ranked them. The OTHER one (fave player of the year) was a month long behemoth of a competition. Every top 100 player got in. Then they did 2 polls to decide which players ranked 101-200 got WCs. Then they split the group into 12 groups of 10 and voting was open for a week. You could vote for as many as you wanted in each group. Only the top 3 or 4 advanced. Then that was split, so on, until now the top 10 poll is up.

Currently, the final poll as Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Tsonga, Simon, Gasquet, Safin, Ancic, Gulbis, and JCF, and you can only vote for one. Safin is winning that one.

Ohhh please don't let Babble see that and give him more ammunition for that one  :rofl_2:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2009, 03:54:35 PM »

Ohhh please don't let Babble see that and give him more ammunition for that one  :rofl_2:

On MTF, Safin wins every poll. I mean EVERY poll. He could be entered into the "Favorite Player who isn't Marat Safin" poll and he'd STILL win. ..-)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2009, 03:56:58 PM »

On MTF, Safin wins every poll. I mean EVERY poll. He could be entered into the "Favorite Player who isn't Marat Safin" poll and he'd STILL win. ..-)

Well at least we can tell Babble then its just news from years back and they'll always vote him in, even if he's not supposed to be in the poll  :rofl_2: and maybe Babble has hundreds of different names over there to help his guy out  :rofl_2:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »
Only news to you, Alex and some of the other 15 y/os here, Chris. I had the metrics right all along.  ;-()
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 04:30:52 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »
Only news to you, Alex and some of the other 15 y/os here, Chris. I had the metrics right all along.  ;-()
hey, what's this supposed to mean  :confused1:? Safin is my #3 favorite player plus I do know he is your fav.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2009, 04:59:31 PM »
hey, what's this supposed to mean  :confused1:? Safin is my #3 favorite player plus I do know he is your fav.

Nevermind. Chris was eggin' me on  :laugh-bounce:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2009, 05:07:33 PM »

ok, good. I thought I was pissing you off or something  :drinks:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2009, 05:45:12 PM »

ok, good. I thought I was pissing you off or something  :drinks:

Cheers! :drinks:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2009, 10:57:44 PM »
Safin won :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2009, 10:59:08 PM »

According to you - what was the big question...since he wins it every year?  Why do they even have the poll over there when they already know the results/ :confused1:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2009, 11:03:04 PM »

According to you - what was the big question...since he wins it every year?  Why do they even have the poll over there when they already know the results/ :confused1:

Because one day he might lose. Your Roger got really close this time. Within just 3 votes at one point. :-o

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2009, 11:31:59 PM »
Yes yes yes!! A Gasquetaire from MTF posted this

hey everyone

i saw richard today
he was warming up with tsonga
he was hitting some really good forehands, it looked a tiny bit different, and he did look stronger and fitter
i got a few photos which i can upload soon
my sister got a photo with him and we got his autograph

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2009, 11:33:38 PM »

hey everyone

i saw richard today
he was hitting some really good forehands, it looked a tiny bit different, and he did look stronger and fitter

What's that have to do with Safin?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »

hey everyone

i saw richard today

What's that have to do with Safin?

Talk about Safin in his own thread. :)~ This one is for The Backhand. :cool:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2009, 01:01:26 AM »

I couldn't have cared less how many people like him and his popularity  ;-() I just enjoyed watching you bash somebody that didn't think the same way  :rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »
Gasquet Records First 2009 Match Win

Seventh seed Richard Gasquet (pictured) recorded the first match win of the 2009 ATP World Tour as he defeated Marc Gicquel 4-6, 6-2, 6-2 in an all-French encounter to advance to the second round of the inaugural Brisbane International on Sunday.
World No. 23 Gasquet, who lost to Gicquel in their last meeting at s-Hertogenbosch last season, now improves to a 3-1 record against the 50th-ranked Gicquel. The Beziers native created many chances in the 2hr., 12min., encounter and converted 5 of 18 break points.

The 22-year-old Gasquet is this week bidding for his first ATP title since winning 2007 Mumbai (d. O. Rochus). Last year he reached the final at Stuttgart (l. to del Potro) and was a quarterfinalist or better at five further events.

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Them some nice gams. :yeah: