Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 83943 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Anyway,here is some article,perhaps it is better explained here:

Frustration factor sends Haas to defeat against Simon

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (AFP) Frenchman Gilles Simon preyed on the frustration factor of Tommy Haas in a 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 defeat of the German to reach the semi-finals of the Indianapolis Tennis Championships on Friday.

Simon, who won his third career ATP title in Casablanca last May, next faces the huge serve of American fourth seed Sam Querrey, who hammered 17 aces in a 6-1, 3-6, 6-3 victory over compatriot Bobby Reynolds.

Haas, seeded fifth, won the opening set in steamy temperatures but lost his way in the second as he went down a break in the ninth game, 4-5.

After dropping the second set, the former number two was handed a rare point penalty for the most innocuous of offences - a racket smash and a minor swear - by umpire Fergus Murphy in the second game of the third.

That incident appeared to break Haas's will and open the door for Simon, who is now one victory away from becoming the first French finalist in Indianapolis since Olivier Delaitre in 1994.

"Today was my best match of the week," said Simon, ranked 25th in the world. "My serve improved and at some important points I hit aces.

"I could tell Tommy was getting frustrated,and I tried from the second set to hit the ball harder. I feel my game is coming along."

Haas admitted his emotions rose to the surface at the wrong moment.

"I went up a decent 3-1 in the second, then he broke me back at 4-5," said the 30-year-old, who was playing in his first quarter-final since March when he withdrew against Roger Federer with a sinus infection.

"My confidence and motivation suffered when I got broken back. I was struggling to finish points and lost come focus on my technique."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:35:02 PM by Lugburz »
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
God damnnnnnnnnn ...I was so pissed off that I couldn't even write ! I mean,it wasn't due to Tommy's lost,it was because the way that he lost it!!
Man,he has every right to scream and break the racket,but hey! when you express that emotion that should be behind you,and should prepare for the upcoming point ! He learned a lot today ,an his attitude on the court should be much much better ! So I am happy because of that thing he will enter Toronto with full form!
I wasn't mad at him for lost just mad at him for his childish manners!can't
P.S.That not shaking with the umpire wasn't so nice of him! Hope he will overcome that,and then he will win some tour...
But as always,can't wait for his next match! So,looking forward to Toronto.Hope for a good draw !

thats a shame. i hate to see him lose. the poor fellow has been through so much.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
yep,life sometimes sucks,but we have to stand up,that's exactly what Tommy couldn't do today

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Wow!  Seems like an 'interesting' match.  Oh well.  Maybe Tommy will have a better tournament next time.  I think Youzhny is rubbing off on Haas.... :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Interesting for the neutrals I bet,but I was so furious... :mad1: I can't even explain my emotion back then

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Interesting for the neutrals I bet,but I was so furious... :mad1: I can't even explain my emotion back then
I also thought the manner in which he lost this match was very upsetting!
At this stage of his career that's a tough pill to swallow.  But from what I know of Tommy, that's been an issue throughout his career. :Confused:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
At this stage of his career that's a tough pill to swallow.  But from what I know of Tommy, that's been an issue throughout his career. :Confused:

Sad but true...
But maybe this time he will learn from his mistakes,then anything will be possible...
Btw,the draw is soon,45 min to go...Hope that Tommy will get nice one !  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God

Sad but true...
But maybe this time he will learn from his mistakes,then anything will be possible...
From his latest outburst and subsequent meltdown, I would conclude he is a slow learner! :(
My fingers are crossed, awaiting the draw! :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God

Sad but true...
From his latest outburst and subsequent meltdown, I would conclude he is a slow learner! :(
My fingers are crossed, awaiting the draw! :)
  :(
I don't have much hope. But, and I expect like Sara, I'm pretty happy with the Tommy we have.  :))
It's been my observation in life that by the time a person reaches 21, the character and even the inbuilt talents are more or less fixed in place and one has to make the best of them. After that, the decline is physical.  That certainly applies to most of the professional tennis players I see on court. 

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
The draw is out...Tommy will play Moya in first round,then possibly Davydenko in second..Terrible... :whistle:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
The draw is out...Tommy will play Moya in first round,then possibly Davydenko in second..Terrible... :whistle:
Yikes, that's a tough one for sure! :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

Yep for sure,and I think that is finally time for revenge...3-1 is for Davydenko so far,and all their previous encounters seems to be in Grand Slams,Davy is a little bit out of his good form so Tommy should take that...
Possible path for Tommy: Moya-Davydenko-Youzhny-Blake-Federer-Djokovic

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

Yep for sure,and I think that is finally time for revenge...3-1 is for Davydenko so far,and all their previous encounters seems to be in Grand Slams,Davy is a little bit out of his good form so Tommy should take that...
Possible path for Tommy: Moya-Davydenko-Youzhny-Blake-Federer-Djokovic

I don't mean any harm, but if Tommy had problems getting through the Indy field...you really think he'll get by to the final and win it in this field?  That's a tough draw for Tommy....

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Oh,that wasn't any prediction,only the path in the best way he can get,so nothing serious...
Sure it is difficult draw,as I have said...but again anything could be seen from him..He is well-known for his fast recovering and  surprising wins...
But never quit on him ! C'mon Tommy,you can do it!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Taken from Simon match

This one is well-known  ..-)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:26:17 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
And another frustration from Tommy ! :

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
This picture makes Tommy look pregnant! :rofl_2:

Just having a little fun... ;-()

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
No problem,it's funny though  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Lol, classic. Yeah, definitely a tough draw for your guy Lugburz, he'll need all the luck he can get if he's gonna go far here.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
And...this moment has changed everything... :whistle:

TOMMY HAAS