Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 75126 times)

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
"I just started converting on the big points much better," said Haas, "I missed a couple shots, and he came up with a good shot and the next thing you know he won the second set."by Tommy Haas

With all respect, Lugburz, it was a lot worse than that.  :mad1: . If memory is right, he really threw away a couple of service games. However, past is past; onward and upward.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
"I just started converting on the big points much better," said Haas, "I missed a couple shots, and he came up with a good shot and the next thing you know he won the second set."by Tommy Haas

With all respect, Lugburz, it was a lot worse than that.  :mad1: . If memory is right, he really threw away a couple of service games. However, past is past; onward and upward.
Yep maybe,you know better  ;-() but don't forget that this is said by Tommy not by me  :)  Past is past ;-() Waiting for tomorrow and match vs Mahut ! :cheer:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God

Yep maybe,you know better  ;-() but don't forget that this is said by Tommy not by me  :)  Past is past ;-() Waiting for tomorrow and match vs Mahut ! :cheer:

:dunno:   But in my experience, the players very rarely give an objective assessment of their performance. It's most often either delusional or served up for the outside world. I take the firm line of only judging tennis players by what they do on court. Anything else is secondary at best. Don't get me started but Andy Roddick is the worst example of this. I don't believe a word that he says.

Tomorrow should be good and i'll make sure I'm there for that.  :))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:47:57 AM by euroka1 »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
                Head to Head
Haas, Tommy 0-2 Mahut, Nicolas

2007 Bangkok Thailand (HC)  R16  4-6  4-6

2006 Indianapolis USA  (HC)  R16  4-6  5-7

I hope Tommy will put behind him those stats and concentrate on the upcoming match !  ;-()
I have good feelings about tonight...Auf Geht's Tommy !  :cheer:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy Haas vs Nicolas Mahut
1st Set--Tommy to serve first....
1-0 easily first one for Tommy,come on we're on a roll...
2-1 ,still no breaks,although Tommy was close breaking him...but no break points...
3-2,Tommy is pretty confident on his serve,without dropping any point on his 1st serve...Still tight when Mahut serves
4-2 ! Tommy breaks Mahut as he had 2 break points in this game,Come on ! !
5-2 as Tommy saves 3 break points ! ,wining the game after 0-40 ! Perfect!
5-4 what a time to lose serve    :mad1:!! Oh God damnit Mahut to serve..
6-5,tight last game for Tommy as he has to watch out of those DF,'til now he has 6 DF,That's to many Tommy God Damnit.
6-6 We are in TB,,Tommy wasted so many good chances,he should have taken this first,but shall see..what happens...
7-6(4) ! Tommy won 1st set in TB ! This was so tight,Total points: NM-46  TH 52 !
2nd Set--Mahut to serve first
0-1 to Mahut as Tommy had 2 break points,Tommy is so good on Mahut serve,he's definitely onto them...
1-2 Still no breaks as Tommy had another break point,Gosh,he is so close atm...
2-3..Gosh,Tommy had another 2 break points and again..wasted...Pfff..Auf Geht's !
4-3 Tommy breaks ! ! ! after 5 missed BP's Tommy finally broke Mahut ! Way to go Tommy !..Now hold !  Amen
6-3 asTommy won his match vs Mahut...Beautiful display !   :trampoline: :grind dance: :thumbs-up:

Final score:
Tommy Haas def. Nicolas Mahut  76(4)  63 !  Not Worthy

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas Solves Mahut To Reach Quarterfinals -- Funny one  :))

If late-arriving spectators to the Legg Mason Tennis Classic were to glance at Tommy Haas's match against Nicolas Mahut without knowledge of the score, they may have skipped a breath upon learning the outcome.
Haas, 6 feet 2, 200 pounds of unpredictability, continued his mercurial ways on William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center's center court yesterday afternoon during his 7-6, 6-3, second-round victory against his onetime nemesis from France. At various times, Haas screamed, smashed a ball into the stands and was booed -- all part of the spectacle that has made him one of the sport's most recognized personalities.
"They enjoy coming out to watch my game," Haas said. "There's usually something going on, if it's me screaming or sometimes seeing good tennis or sometimes poor tennis, whatever, it's always a good show to catch."
The show has reached the quarterfinals, making the fourth-seeded Haas a rare breed, given how upsets have scrambled the bracket's seeded players. Only top-seeded American Andy Roddick, who defeated Paraguay's Ramón Delgado in two sets, and second-seeded Juan Martín del Potro (who defeated American Jesse Levine in two sets) advanced beyond the first round.

"I think the level is just pretty equal, so everyone can beat everyone here," said Colombian Alejandro Falla, who advanced with a two-set victory over Frenchman Florent Serra and will play Haas in the quarterfinals. "The heat is also tougher for some people."
Haas recovered from a mid-set letdown to win the first. Assisted by a key break in the sixth game, Haas won that game and the next to take a 5-2 lead. However, the advantage was short-lived: Mahut used effective return play and held serve to tie Haas at 5. Haas won the 11th game, but Mahut claimed the 12th before the German won the tiebreaker, slamming a forehand along the right side of the court to punctuate an end to Mahut's threat.
Haas achieved a crucial break midway through the second set. Each player held serve through the first six games before Mahut returned serve into the net. Ahead 4-3, Haas won the next two games.
"It's feeling better," Haas said of his game. "I'm feeling pretty good from the baseline. When I do get my first serve in, I feel it's pretty good. [During] the returns today, I was seeing the ball pretty clearly."
The victory should help Haas in his attempt to crawl back from a career low. Entering this event, he was ranked No. 48, his lowest ATP ranking since Aug. 9, 2004. In May 2002, Haas became the world's second-ranked player after a strong 2001, during which he won four ATP championships, including his first ATP Masters title.
For Haas, Mahut had been particularly difficult to solve. Before yesterday, Mahut had beaten Haas in both hard-court meetings, needing only two sets in each (2006 in Indianapolis and 2007 in Bangkok).
With Mahut's hex lifted, Haas celebrated. After he claimed the final point, Haas waved to the crowd, his hat off and matted black hair cooling in the early evening breeze. He slipped the racket into a black and white equipment bag and gripped three yellow tennis balls, teasing eager fans with a faint twinge of his left wrist. Then, he lightly tapped each into the stands.
"I was looking forward to it, definitely," he said. "I was really looking forward to the match."

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
We're back on a roll,Keep it up Tommy :thumbs-up:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God

If late-arriving spectators to the Legg Mason Tennis Classic were to glance at Tommy Haas's match against Nicolas Mahut without knowledge of the score, they may have skipped a breath upon learning the outcome.
Haas, 6 feet 2, 200 pounds of unpredictability, continued his mercurial ways on William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center's center court yesterday afternoon during his 7-6, 6-3, second-round victory against his onetime nemesis from France. At various times, Haas screamed, smashed a ball into the stands and was booed -- all part of the spectacle that has made him one of the sport's most recognized personalities.
"They enjoy coming out to watch my game," Haas said. "There's usually something going on, if it's me screaming or sometimes seeing good tennis or sometimes poor tennis, whatever, it's always a good show to catch."

thanks Lugburz.

My take on the above was quite different. Balls are coming into the stands here all the time, especially from the big servers. It's one of the reasons I avoid them. If you sit there, you have to be ready to be occasionally clobbered. In the above, Tommy did hit a ball in anger that unintentionally went into the stands. Then a guy stood up and loudly berated him for doing it   :ranting: . It sounded pretty wimpy and it was my impression that the collective moan  :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: (it was fun to take part in the crescendo) was directed at the irate spectator   :cursing: . It was not booing. Whatever, I'm glad Tommy was not thrown off by that.

Washington can be pretty provincial sometimes and, as Tommy points out,  most people were there for a night of entertainment.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:25:50 AM by euroka1 »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

thanks Lugburz.

My take on the above was quite different. Balls are coming into the stands here all the time, especially from the big servers. It's one of the reasons I avoid them. If you sit there, you have to be ready to be occasionally clobbered. In the above, Tommy did hit a ball in anger that unintentionally went into the stands. Then a guy stood up and loudly berated him for doing it   :ranting: . It sounded pretty wimpy and it was my impression that the collective moan  :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: :shakey: (it was fun to take part in the crescendo) was directed at the irate spectator   :cursing: . It was not booing. Whatever, I'm glad Tommy was not thrown off by that.

Washington can be pretty provincial sometimes and, as Tommy points out,  most people were there for a night of entertainment.

I wasn't bothered about what is said in this article,it was funny  :)) So Tommy couldn't get frustrated at one guy.. As we know,he can be pretty pissed off sometimes but it's mostly when he is not playing good,or not played good some shoots...
Well I guess that irate spectator was Mahut's fan I :rofl_2: He got what he deserved  ;-()
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 09:53:26 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
More from Washington:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Let's see if Tommy boy can keep on a roll... ;-()

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Next one in Legg Mason Tennis Classic: A.Falla
Head to Head Tommy Haas vs Alejandro Falla...

Haas, Tommy 1-1 Falla, Alejandro

2007 Washington (HC) R32  6-3  6-2

2006 Miami Masters (HC) R64  4-6  4-6

Well Tommy beat him easily last year at the same tournament,so hope he can do it again! Auf Geht's Tommy !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

Well Tommy beat him easily last year at the same tournament,so hope he can do it again! Auf Geht's Tommy !

Keep us posted!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

Keep us posted!
Surely I will like last two times if there is no live stream...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
OK 85p Collected,now 100 to go! He can do it ! Come on,top32 is almost there for USO !
Again stupid but funny comments as there wasn't any live stream  :))  ..-)  :

Tommy Haas vs Alejandro Falla...
1st set---Tommy to serve first
0-1 to Falla as Tommy lost his serve at the start of the match  :( Tommy wake up..
1-2 as Tommy has 4aces already?! he should be fine,it seems that only  first game was bad...We'll see..
1-4..Seems that Tommy's aces didn't help as he is broken again  :( Really Falla is looking good right now,hope that Tommy will bounce back...
2-4 Tommy breaks one back,,1 to go,we'll see if he can stay focus...Come on !
3-4 Finally Tommy wins quick game,I think he is back in game now...but still one break down...Nothing is over in this set..yet!
4-5 OK now last chance to break back in this 1st set,,you can do it Tommy,come on!
5-5 ! WOOW What a come back for Tommy,now we're back to zero,although Tommy should be in small mental advantage after this! Yeah!
6-5! This is truly amazing display and fully come back from Tommy ! So proud !
7-5 as Tommy really amazingly took the first set,and with a class,6-5 on Falla's serve and Tommy took it without losing a point on Fallas serve! Beautiful! 1st et was full of tight moments,as there were 2 breaks for Falla and 3 for Tommy ! Tommy had 6 aces,4 more than Falla and 2 more total points! Bottom line,Tommy had astonishing 1set ! Way to go Tommy boy!
2nd set--Tommy to serve first
1-0 as Tommy took the first game with class without loosing a point ! Come one !
2-0 and here's first break in 2nd set ! Tommy is on fire,I can tell you ! Falla had only 1pt so far in the 2nd...
3-0 definitely the longest game so far as Tommy had to defend 3BP's ! And it's gone now ! Yeah...relief!
4-0 as Tommy breaks Falla again in thi 2nd set ! Tommy is servng for 5th..Yeah baby,very nice !
the match is stopped right now...probably rain delay....
6-1 ! and the match is over after short rain delay...Tommy wins this one with class,who was 2 breaks down in the 1st set and came along by picking up 3breaks to conclude 1st set 7-5..Second was amazing,2 breaks in his pocket and classy win 6-1 !
Final score:
Tommy Haas def. Alejandro Falla  75  61  :not worthy:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
More from Wash, defeating Voest:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
More vs Voest:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy vs Mahut 76  63 :

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
OK another week for Tommy is over...He will need a bit of a luck if he wants to be seeded at USO,so this week wasn't bad at all for Tommy..First Semis of the year and tough opponent to beat...Next for Tommy boy is USO,so hope he will rest fully and prepare well for the USO !
That is his favorite event and I know that matters to him a lot,anyway still to be remembered that result last year !
Out from Wash but Tommy is back,and next one---New York,here we come !
Pics fro Del Potro's game:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
You're still on your job, I see! :thumbs-up:

Well, maybe Tommy can rest up and start fresh for the US Open.