Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 90439 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Crap draw for Tommy. Not sure he can stay in there with Rafa. I understand Kiefer has withdrawn.

I am not that pessimistic,because this ain't a bad draw after all ....
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Another great photos of Tommy in Australia :

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Another great photos of Tommy in Australia :

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Hey Dallas,Tommy hasn't withdrawn yet  :)) so we'll almost definitely see him  tonight  :gleam: :gleam:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:12:29 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
How do you think he'll hold up? :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
How do you think he'll hold up? :(

you mean vs Schwank or in general ?

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
I've got him meeting Nadal in 3R. He gave Federer fits here in 2007, and historically, this is Nadal's worse slam. On the other hand, guys who like fast surfaces are saying this acrylic surface is slower than rebound ace...
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
I've got him meeting Nadal in 3R. He gave Federer fits here in 2007, and historically, this is Nadal's worse slam. On the other hand, guys who like fast surfaces are saying this acrylic surface is slower than rebound ace...

That's what I'm hearing too.  Why would they want to make the surface SLOWER?  Makes no sense!  We already have enough 'slow' surfaces!

Tommy can play like 2007 or he can bomb out.  I really wouldn't mind seeing a nice run by Tommy in this tournament, but I'm a little concerned that he hadn't had warm up matches before the tournament.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God

Where are the hardcore posters who argued that the AO new surface was like the UO? :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Is a dead surface that rewards many styles of play unlike the UO.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God

That's what I'm hearing too.  Why would they want to make the surface SLOWER?  Makes no sense!  We already have enough 'slow' surfaces!

Tommy can play like 2007 or he can bomb out.  I really wouldn't mind seeing a nice run by Tommy in this tournament, but I'm a little concerned that he hadn't had warm up matches before the tournament.

Why not?

RG is clay which is slow, SW19 is grass which is fast and the UO is Deco turf II which play fast.............the AO being a hardcourt event needed to differentiate themselves from the UO.

This surface give a chance to any style of game......that's exciting!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

Oh yeah... thanks for that  :\
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God

Where are the hardcore posters who argued that the AO new surface was like the UO? :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

This surface is definitely not similar to the US Open, it looks lot slower to me. It looks harder to hit winners here as the ball seems to lose a lot of speed after bouncing on the surface.  :dunno:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

Why not?

RG is clay which is slow, SW19 is grass which is fast and the UO is Deco turf II which play fast.............the AO being a hardcourt event needed to differentiate themselves from the UO.

From what I understand, the US Open is the only really 'fast' surface at any of the grand slams.  This AO surface, according to the players is very slow; we know clay is slow; and the players said Wimbledon's grass is getting slower and slower each year.  So basically you have 3 slow grand slams and 1 fast one.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

This surface is definitely not similar to the US Open, it looks lot slower to me. It looks harder to hit winners here as the ball seems to lose a lot of speed after bouncing on the surface.  :dunno:

The surface is what it is by design, hunting. The organizers have never wanted to replicate the USO surface; they've long held on to their "mid"-fast surface. Players who like fast surfaces are saying it's slower than Rebound Ace. I'm don't follow you ^^^here^^^...

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Oh, I just read your response to Dallas. I agree.  :)

I love the speed of the USO and I love clay. Don't give a poo about the other two...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:46:11 PM by Babblelot »

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
Oh, I just read your response to Dallas. I agree.  :)

I love the speed of the USO and I love clay. Don't give a poo about the other two...

:)) :)) :))

I like Grass too BUT...I know your stand on Wimbledon ;-()

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God

Why not?

From what I understand, the US Open is the only really 'fast' surface at any of the grand slams.  This AO surface, according to the players is very slow; we know clay is slow; and the players said Wimbledon's grass is getting slower and slower each year.  So basically you have 3 slow grand slams and 1 fast one.

Reality is Wimbledon is Grass......and grasscourt tennis is FAST regardless of what players who can't do well on it say.

The Wimbledon has "slowed down" since Borg times doesn't equal Wimbledon with the word slow; maybe you meant hypothetically from a score of 10 as the most fastest.....Wimbledon has gone to 8 which in that case you are right; it has slowed down.

AO: medium medium court
RG: Clay = slow
SW19: Grass = fast
UO: medium fast court

or:

RG>AO>UO>SW19 in terms of speed!

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God

You can hit through it but you have to muscle the ball; the court takes to topspin and slice extremely well but it also rewards aggressive tennis  ie. Tsonga style of play!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

This surface is definitely not similar to the US Open, it looks lot slower to me. It looks harder to hit winners here as the ball seems to lose a lot of speed after bouncing on the surface.  :dunno:

I wish if the AO surface could be like in USO...For sure it's a little slower and that does not fits to Tommy's game as he likes pretty fast surfaces...
Anyway,he like to play here and I am more than ready to see him play again...Don't know how the surface was last 2 years that Tommy hadn't played but if he can play like 2 years ago then we have something to stand for...We'll see...

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

Why not?

Reality is Wimbledon is Grass......and grasscourt tennis is FAST regardless of what players who can't do well on it say.

The Wimbledon has "slowed down" since Borg times doesn't equal Wimbledon with the word slow; maybe you meant hypothetically from a score of 10 as the most fastest.....Wimbledon has gone to 8 which in that case you are right; it has slowed down.

AO: medium medium court
RG: Clay = slow
SW19: Grass = fast
UO: medium fast court

or:

RG>AO>UO>SW19 in terms of speed!

You don't know math. But I'd change it slightly, I've got

USO>W>AO>RG

*I always wondered why you'd bust out SW19 for no apparent reason. :;:-| at you.