Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 75155 times)

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God

You don't know math. But I'd change it slightly, I've got

USO>W>AO>RG

*I always wondered why you'd bust out SW19 for no apparent reason. :;:-| at you. 

I was thinking RG slower than AO so I used >........sorry about that, I regard clay as the superior surface so of course I think in terms of slow surface. :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

I disagree greatly about UO being faster than Wimbledon grass but there are plenty of threads that discusses that issue.

What do you mean by "bust out"? English is my second language so I need help here   :head-bash:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

You don't know math. But I'd change it slightly, I've got

USO>W>AO>RG

*I always wondered why you'd bust out SW19 for no apparent reason. :;:-| at you. 

I was thinking RG slower than AO so I used >........sorry about that, I regard clay as the superior surface so of course I think in terms of slow surface. :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

I disagree greatly about UO being faster than Wimbledon grass but there are plenty of threads that discusses that issue.

What do you mean by "bust out"? English is my second language so I need help here   :head-bash:

You saying "SW19" is like me saying "bust out".
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

"bust out" = dropping some fancy or cryptic verbage
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
Thanks......I though SW19 was common!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL

I never really thought about it, but it looks like an address in England. I'd say where Wimby is located. Sort of like refering to the USO as Flushing Meadows, or the French Open as RG, or the AO as Flinder's Park, eh?

No American would know that...  ..-)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 05:52:59 PM by Babblelot »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God

I never really thought about it, but it looks like an address in England. I'd say where Wimby is located. Sort of like refering to the USO as Flushing Meadows, or the French Open as RG, or the AO as Flinder's Park, eh?

No American would know that...  ..-)
OH SNAP! :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy in Melbourne :
1st Round : def. Schwank 6-3 6-3 6-4

In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
WoooooHoooo!
Thanks for the stats! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
WoooooHoooo!
Thanks for the stats! :))

you're welcome !
And now you wonder what would have been if Tommy had better 1st serve ?  :))

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Day 1 vs Schwank :

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Successful comeback for Tommy Haas

On Tuesday morning, European time, Tommy Haas reached the second round of the Australian Open in Melbourne in promising fashion, beating Eduardo Schwank from Argentina 6-3, 6-3, 6-4.

However, despite the convincing final result, it was Schwank, making his Australian Open debut, who initially looked to gain the upper hand: Haas was trailing 3-2 when he had to face two break points. But the German saved both of them, won his service game to make it 3-3 and then broke Schwank's service in the very next game. A few minutes later, another break won the first set for Haas, 6-3.

Schwank stuck to his match plan in the second set, mainly hitting long ground strokes. Tommy Haas gladly accepted the challenge, more than held his own in those rallies and broke Schwank's first service game in this set. Haas faced another couple of break points when he was 4-1 and 5-3 up, but he saved them all and then won this set against the world's number 54, 6-3 again.

Down by two sets, Schwank changed his approach as the third set began and tried a serve and volley style. But Haas time and again countered that strategy with some excellent backhand passing shots. An early break seemed to decide the match in favour of Haas, but Schwank managed to come back and tied things in the very next game. Haas broke the Argentinian's service game again but then failed to make it 5-3, carelessly allowing Schwank to draw level at 4-4. Still, the faster the pace of the rallies, the more errors Schwank made. And so he dropped his serve in the ninth game and Haas wrapped up the match after two hours with his tenth ace.

Tommy Haas will be happy with his start to the tournament, the more so since his elbow didn't give him any problems. In the next round, he'll meet either the Italian Flavio Cipolla or the seeded Russian Dmitry Tursunov.

love that sentence  ;-()
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:47:00 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
:trampoline:  :yay:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Day 1 vs Schwank :

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Great stuff M8!!!

That first pic is TIGHT!!! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
More pics Round 1 :

BACKHAND   :wicked: :wicked:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy practicing : Backhands first :wicked:
   :gleam:

:gleam:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
hm I am concerned about this one: :fever 2:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Cipolla stands between Haas and Nadal
Flavio Cipolla from Italy has already got four matches under his belt when he faces Tommy Haas on Show Court 3 tomorrow, at about 3am CET. The Roman reached the main singles event after defeating the Pole Dawid Olejniczak, the Frenchman Eric Prodon and Alexandre Kudryavtsev from Russia in qualifying.

A stunning four-set win over the 19th seed Dimitry Tursunov in the first round proper then set up the meeting with Tommy Haas for the Italian, who will not have expected to make it this far.

Even though Haas visibly suffered from nerves at the beginning of his own first-round match, against Eduardo Schwank, his eventually successful comeback from his injury lay-off will have given him self-confidence. Haas improved from game to game and impressed with his passing shots, finally breaking down Schwank's resistance and winning the match that lasted two hours quite comfortably. If Haas keeps up his level of concentration against Flavio Cipolla, he'll stand a good chance of beating the right-handed player who holds down place 138 in the ATP rankings. However, if the German does so, he is going to face an uphill struggle in the third round, as his likely opponent there is the world's number one, Rafael Nadal.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh I like that headline ! What a match that should be if....Tommy vs Nadal on court,night session,now wind,no sun ! Seems like a perfect thing for Tommy,that's his bet chance fo him to be remembered !
Oh can't wait even for Round 2 to start,and talking to the Round 3  :gleam:
Auf Geht's Tommy !

TOMMY HAAS