Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 79871 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I knwww you're welcome anytime  ;-() The thing is, it seems so unthankful not saying thanks..  :scared:

Now,isn't it a goddamn true ?  :innocent:
What?  :Confused:
Basically I've confirmed your words  :))

I see you're enjoying those smilies  :king:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
T Haas - 27 June 2009
Saturday, 27 June 2009

Q. What did you do last night to relax and prepare yourself again for this morning?

TOMMY HAAS: There wasn't really much time to relax, to be honest. By the time I got back to the house, my fiancée picked up some Indian food. I was getting ready for my treatment, massage, my physio.

While that was going on, we were listening to all the great legendary songs from Michael Jackson. You know, that's it. By the time we got done, it was really late. We just went to sleep and got ready this morning.

Q. How do you feel now?

TOMMY HAAS: Obviously I feel good. You know, winning these kind of matches, you know, it's like you're kind of still on a high in some ways. Body's feeling a little bit tired, to be honest. I mean, it was a long match, a tough battle yesterday with so many ups and downs. Also mentally it drains you for sure.

But overall feeling great. You know, good thing is day off tomorrow. Relax a little bit and get ready for my next match.

Q. After a marathon game like that, is it understandable to you why perhaps Rafael Nadal decided not to play Wimbledon?

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, sure. I mean, to be totally honest, I don't know Rafael's situation. You know, I'm not that close to him. But, you know, the guy puts out so much effort every time and has played so many matches. Every tournament he plays, he gets to, you know, the final or either wins it, so he has a lot of strain on his body. He's had some problems with his knee.

I'm sure he's got to have some serious issues for not playing here. You know, it's one of the biggest tournaments we all get to play. It's a tough grind, that's for sure.

Q. With your play here and at the French Open, also the lead‑up tournament into Wimbledon, what do you attribute your resurgence to?

TOMMY HAAS: Uhm, just never stopping believing in your game and having the right people around you or getting the right people around you. That's very important. You know, I believe in my game. When I'm feeling healthy and I feel fit and I feel I put in the work, you know, I have a very good game still to beat a lot of players and to give the top players trouble. And, uhm, you know, while I still feel that, you know, I also will continue to play the game and enjoy it as well.

You know, there's been lots of ups and downs. We could sit here much longer to go through, you know, the last year, year and a half with a lot of things that were not really going my way. And in the past even.

But, you know, at the same time, a lot of things have gone my way to be able to play the way I'm playing. But, yeah, everything just kind of put it together. I mean, French Open, I didn't really want to go there in the first place. I was feeling pretty good body‑wise. Sometimes when you have that kind of mentality just to go and see what happens, you play a little bit more relaxed and loose.

I came very close to maybe beating Roger there, which was a great tournament for me anyway. And then winning a title again in Halle, Germany, you know, is obviously a dream come true for me in some ways to do it on home turf. Also winning now on all four surfaces is a great accomplishment in my career.

So you kind of keep going, and that's it. When you come here, you play match for match. That's it.

Q. Was that Federer match, do you think, a major breakthrough for you, even though you lost?

TOMMY HAAS: No. When you lose, there's no breakthrough.

Q. What do you tell yourself when you're walking on Centre Court knowing that in one break the match is over?

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, it's tough. You know, I kind of had to deal with it after my first round when we had to stop at 4‑All in the fourth. At that time I was still thinking, Okay, if it doesn't go my way in the fourth set, I'm going to be in the fifth.

You do hope maybe you get a break and finish it off, which happened against Peya in the first round. Last night you start looking around at like 8:45, 9:00. It's getting a little darker. At the same time, maybe I could have finished it off in the fourth set and not having to worry about it with the one match point or two match points that I had in the fourth.

So either way. And then, you know, but you have so much adrenaline left and you kind of want to finish the match either way it happens. When they told us two more games at 5‑All, you know, I was happy to be at 5‑All, because I think he was serving for it. I don't even remember so much. But it was back and forth.

So, you know, it was getting really dark out there. When he had two match points at 5‑6, I was like, Great, maybe he's going to finish me off right before we're supposed to stop due to darkness. Then played some really good points to come back to 6‑All. I would just like to see maybe they can just make some magic lights happen when you're that close to finishing a match so we can just finish it at least.

Q. How about this morning? How was it coming back out just to finish off?

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, it's tough, because he's serving first. If he holds serve, it's pressure on me just to stay in the match. I think we both knew that. And we both probably were a little stiff from last night and worried about who's going to get a better start.

There's so many thoughts going through your head all the time, what kind of game plan, be more aggressive, maybe wait for your opportunity, maybe just keep the ball in play. So many different things going through your head.

You know, when I got the break, I was just trying to focus on holding serve. Next thing you know, he had breakpoint again. So it was like a dramatic match.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
Wimbledon 2009: ball girl steals limelight in knock up against Tommy Haas

A 15-year-old ball girl got the chance to play tennis star Tommy Haas in front of more than 10,000 people at Wimbledon after his opponent went off with an injury.

Chloe Chambers was invited to take to No 1 Court and play the German 24th seed after Frenchman Michael Llodra crashed out of the tournament.

Chloe, who attends nearby Ursuline School, knocked up with world number 34 Haas for five minutes in front of the packed 11,393-capacity stadium.

The Year 10 schoolgirl's moment of fame came after Llodra suffered an injury during a collision with the umpire's chair and another ball girl.

Sprinting towards a Haas drop shot in the fifth game of the second round match, Llodra, 29, found himself unable to stop and slammed into the high chair.

He then collapsed on top of ball girl Erin Lorencin, 15, who was crouched by the net, knocking over a chair and sending a bin flying.

The 6ft 3in Frenchman quickly stood up and helped Erin back to her feet before giving her a hug and resuming the game.

However, moments later he was forced to sacrifice the match and hobble off the court in pain despite receiving medical treatment.

Realising the crowd may have felt short-changed by the swift end to the proceedings just 20 minutes into the match, Haas delighted fans by staying for a few more minutes to play against Chloe.

Chloe, who is in her second year as a Wimbledon ball girl, proved she was a proficient adversary with a solid display of racket skills.

The schoolgirl also takes part in the Wimbledon Junior Tennis initiative, which gives coaching to local children.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRX5I8WdiUI&annotation_id=annotation_31174&feature=iv[/youtube]
PRICELESS!!  :gleam:

Just saw this video for the first time.  Ridiculously awesome of Haas to do that. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Nice win for Haas, he was little nervous when he was serving for the match, but those slices really killed Cilic, Congrats Lug and Girl........ and monstertruck(he is bigger fan than you two right? :)))

well I'm even honored if there can be some bigger fan than us two but I doubt it  :rofl_2:
I'm quite sure that I'm bigger than the 2 of you combined! ;-() :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Nice win for Haas, he was little nervous when he was serving for the match, but those slices really killed Cilic, Congrats Lug and Girl........ and monstertruck(he is bigger fan than you two right? :)))

well I'm even honored if there can be some bigger fan than us two but I doubt it  :rofl_2:

if thats the case  :)) than you are missed here!!  :mad1:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline tommy Girl

• Tennis Player
  • Auf geht's!!!
    • Me

:lmao: I can't imagine  :)~

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

that's what I'm thinking as well,he has no idea what we've been through  :)~
omg you posted another 666th post  :shocking:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God

I'm refering to physical dimensions not player support. :rofl_2:
I think Luggy is only exceeded in his passion by Dallas and Chris at T4U. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline tommy Girl

• Tennis Player
  • Auf geht's!!!
    • Me
Quote from: Lugburz
:scared: Oi didn't see this one yet.. will it mean something that i'm posting all the #666...?  :wicked:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

if that was any compliment related ,then thx  :)~  but there are far more important things  ;-()
I mean this good run by Tommy can't get past by unnoticed,by his rank only months ago at #80 smth he managed to comeback once again.As a fan you should know 'bout his remarkable comebacks in his career. ;-() That was the reason why I became a fan in the first place.
And honestly he was not looking good this first half of year,but I never even thought off quiting up on him in any way! Because he is my #1,and there's huuuge gap between him and my #2 fave.
So I'm looking forward to the rest of the year as he can stay healthy and be back in the top20..

TOMMY HAAS

Offline tommy Girl

• Tennis Player
  • Auf geht's!!!
    • Me
Quote from: monstertruck
I thought you meant that, but I also thought I'm new here so I won't say anything about that, maybe he doesn't mean physical dimensions at all and then i'm the bad girl  :rofl_2:
But still, i can't image  :)~
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 10:51:13 AM by tommy Girl »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
HOT HAAS ON A ROLL

Tommy Haas continued his superb grasscourt form with a straight-sets victory over Igor Andreev at Wimbledon on Monday.

The 31-year-old, who won the recent warm-up tournament in Halle, produced a dominant serving display as he saw off Igor Andreev 7-6 (10/8) 6-4 6-4.

The German did not face a single break point on his own delivery and won a majestic 95 per cent of points when his first serve found the mark.

Haas lost just just four points on his serve during the first set, which he claimed on a tie-break, and then grabbed the first break of the match in the second to establish a two-set lead.

A further break of the Andreev serve in the seventh game of the third set put him in firm control and he duly served out the match from there - his ninth straight win on grass.

Haas, the oldest player left in the men's singles, could now face a rematch with Novak Djokovic - the man he beat in the Halle final - in the quarter-finals.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
good win for your boy, no problem going 5 sets the match before, so good to see :)
:)~

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
good win for your boy, no problem going 5 sets the match before, so good to see :)
Yeah I was a bit scared how this one will go,I thought it good have been tight 4 setter for Tommy,but looking him on the court like that and 38/46 points won on the net was a joy to watch!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy at Wimbledon,England,UK:
1st Round:def. Peya 6-7 7-6 6-3 6-4
2nd Round:def. Llodra 4-3 ret.
3rd Round:def. Cilic 7-5 7-5 1-6 6-7 10-8
4th Round:def. Andreev 7-6 6-4 6-4

next up:vs Nole
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:29:27 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
Yeah I was a bit scared how this one will go,I thought it good have been tight 4 setter for Tommy,but looking him on the court like that and 38/46 points won on the net was a joy to watch!

yeah, he came up so much on first and second serves and had such great success :thumbs-up:
:)~

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy vs Andreev

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Monday, 29 June 2009-Tommy's Interview after defeating Andreev

Q. That was a very convincing win. Everything went perfectly for you today.

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, pretty smoothly. I mean, you know, definitely wasn't going to underestimate him one second. Getting to the fourth round, he's a very tough player. He's beat me quite handily last time we played in Davis Cup in Moscow on clay. That was definitely some motivation for me to revenge myself.

And in the first set I think I only had one break chance. Didn't really utilize that. A little bit frustrating. But the tiebreak was very important. Luckily I was always ahead, even though I didn't convert my first two set points at 6‑4, but managed to win the set. Kind of relaxed a little bit more after that.

Served extremely well. I think I didn't give him many opportunities on my serve. And I think that was really the key to not give him that kind of confidence to break me and then maybe even play looser himself.

Q. Quiz question first: Do you know who the last 30‑year‑old to win Wimbledon was?

TOMMY HAAS: To win Wimbledon?

Q. Male. Do you think can you do it?

TOMMY HAAS: Well, I'm 31, so I don't know. Last 30‑year‑old? Not sure.

Q. Arthur Ashe in '75. It's quite a leap.

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, I mean, you know, age is really just a number in many ways. But obviously, I mean, I know that I am 31. I have a little bit more miles in my legs than maybe some other players that are younger than me.

Once you're out there, I think you leave that all behind and just go out there and compete and try to win.

Q. How have you kept going? Any secret to it?

TOMMY HAAS: Well, I mean, I was injured a lot, so that kind of has helped, because I was forced to be on the sideline too many times for my liking. So maybe there's some time left. You know, if you still continue to play well and have some success every now and then, I mean, this is what you play for.

I mean, you know, if you would have told me maybe even two months ago that I was gonna maybe get to the quarters of Wimbledon, I wasn't gonna be that sure about it. This is so far a fantastic run no matter what happens from here on out. Really happy and pleased to make it to the Elite 8 club, whatever you call it here. So that's really nice.

Q. It's been a good season on grass, hasn't it, after the win in Halle? Feeling comfortable on the surface?

TOMMY HAAS: Well, I mean, I'd be lying if I said no now. Sure. You know, kind of kick started a little bit at the French. I haven't played there in a long time. Played some good matches beating a couple good players there. Came close to maybe beating Roger. I lost anyway, which was fine. I was really happy about the way I played.

In Halle, everything just kind of came together really well. You know, I mean, I couldn't have asked for anything more during that week on home turf, which was great.

You know, I obviously took that high with me here. You know, just every match trying to keep doing the things that have been working for me.

Q. Everybody is talking about the grass slowing down. If this tournament continues on form through this week, it seems to have the most number of aces ever recorded by men in a Grand Slam. Surprise you or...

TOMMY HAAS: Uhm, I think if it's like it was on Saturday and like it's today with the heat, you know, I think it plays much faster, for sure. As soon as it gets cloudy and a little colder, maybe like 14, 15, Celsius, it does play slower, I think. It might be a little bit tougher.

You know, it's still a grass court, so it's still gonna be faster than other surfaces in some ways. But also you have seen in the last couple of years for sure that guys that like to play from the baseline, they play with a lot of spin, are good on their legs, have had success here. You know, you can even see it this year again with people being very comfortable that way.

It has slowed down. I mean, I played here, you know, back in '96 or '7. You can't compare it the way it is now.

Q. You mentioned before that you've been out, you're in, how quickly things can change. You find yourself in the Elite 8. You had Roger down two sets in Paris. It seemed that he was sort of settling into the No. 2 spot. Now if he wins this tournament after what happened in Paris he'll be No. 1 again. Is that something that surprises you at all, how quickly things can turn around in this sport?

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, I mean, that's just the name of it. That's how it works in this sport especially. You know, obviously has helped Roger that Nadal is not playing here, you know, that he's injured. You know, I mean, Nadal, anywhere he goes, is also a favorite to win the tournament, just as Roger is.

On clay, everybody it was quite surprising the early exit. The early exit fourth round for Rafa. For him it was an early exit, I would say. Was surprising. Now it helped, you know, for Roger to obviously win the French, which he absolutely deserved. Probably goes down now as the greatest player of all time because he did so.

And, like I said, Nadal not playing here and being now for sure the favorite to win this tournament, he deserves to be back to No. 1. You know, if you win these big tournaments back to back, which he hasn't done yet, but if he does, then that's how it goes.

Q. Is there a question about that greatest of all time on the basis that he's had not a great record against Nadal, who is his closest peer in his age group?

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, you know, you can look at it in many ways. In that aspect I guess, you know, you have definitely something to discuss, talk about, and maybe, you know, say that's really one of the only things that didn't go his way.

But overall, what, he's not even 28 yet and he's already equaled Pete. We'll see what happens here for him in the next three, four years. I mean, he really has never been injured. So, you know, after his career, there's probably not many people can say that he's not.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline miticfam

• Tennis God
Congrats Lug, Girl and Monster, Haas played great today, I love to watch his volleying and his BH, Andreev served like crazy n that 1st set but Tommy won!!!! The next one is Djoko, the toughest match for me, I don't really now for who I will cheering for.....

FEDERER THE GOAT, 16 GSs, Career Slam, 21 GS finals, 23! consecutive GS SFs
My favs: Federer, Djokovic, DelPotro, Haas, Ana, Henin:)

Offline tommy Girl

• Tennis Player
  • Auf geht's!!!
    • Me
Congrats Lug, Girl and Monster, Haas played great today, I love to watch his volleying and his BH, Andreev served like crazy n that 1st set but Tommy won!!!! The next one is Djoko, the toughest match for me, I don't really now for who I will cheering for.....
Tnx Miticfam :)) I haven't been able to see much of the match unfortunately so i hope he'll play even better tomorrow!!!
If you don't know who to cheer for, I can help you... just cheer for HAAS!!!  :lmao:  :grind dance: :cheer: