Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 93782 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Because I would rather see Haas win.

Well I'm with Scott on this... I'm pulling for Tommy too.

This ain't what I have seen on your pick'em predictions..As I remember you choose Murray but you would like Tommy to win...eh..second thoughts..

On the pick-em, I'm trying to get points so I picked who I think would win... not necessarily who I WANT to win... Different story!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yap but this ain't prediction,you made it clear that you are with Andy on this one...remember:''I'm with Scott on this...''
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Yap but this ain't prediction,you made it clear that you are with Andy on this one...remember:''I'm with Scott on this...''

Incorrect... .Scott said he hope Haas win the match against Murray.  And I said "I'm with Scott on that"...!  Ask those who have been here for a while if I ever root for Andy Murray! :rofl_2:  I like his fans on board but...as far as his tennis...that's a different story.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you

Incorrect... .Scott said he hope Haas win the match against Murray.  And I said "I'm with Scott on that"...!  Ask those who have been here for a while if I ever root for Andy Murray! :rofl_2:  I like his fans on board but...as far as his tennis...that's a different story.

She speaketh the truth!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
 :rofl_2:  :rofl_2: Obviously there's been a misunderstanding...When you said ''I'm with Scott on this...'' I thought that you're with Scotsman in this case-Murray !  :))
Sorry Scott all of this wasn't purposely  ..-)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:40:47 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
:rofl_2:  :rofl_2: Obviously there's been an understanding...When you said ''I'm with Scott on this...'' I thought that you're with Scotsman in this case-Murray !  :))
Sorry Scott all of this wasn't purposely  ..-)

:rofl_2: I get you... Yes, there was a misunderstanding.  I was talking about OUR Scott here! :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Oh god damned it  I feel like a jackass now...So sorry again  :Confused:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
More pics,some of them taken from Halle:

Bye fro now,hear you tomorrow....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:31:04 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
I'm scared now, if Murray doesn't win there's going to be a party here and I'll have to hide my face in shame for a couple of days!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I wouldn't be shame...That's tennis,and Murtay isn't that better then Tommy,so I won't be a hame,only a little bit of surprise...And that won't be his first time to do it,so I guess anything is open untill the end...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
I'm scared now, if Murray doesn't win there's going to be a party here and I'll have to hide my face in shame for a couple of days!

Hey, if I didn't hide after that French Open... NO ONE has to hide!  So you better not go away even if Tommy wins... :)>>>>  That's an order! :))

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>

Hey, if I didn't hide after that French Open... NO ONE has to hide!  So you better not go away even if Tommy wins... :)>>>>  That's an order! :))

Lol, I'll try not to, especially as Murray has an early break.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
T. Haas Interview - 28 June

Saturday, 28 June 2008

Andy Murray def. Tommy Haas 6-4, 6-7 (4-7), 6-3, 6-2

Q. Did you feel after the second set maybe Andy was struggling? His serve seemed to go.

TOMMY HAAS: Yeah, I mean, it was very important for me to win the second set obviously. Didn't feel like I started off great myself. Took me a while to kind of get used to, yeah, Centre Court, the conditions a little bit.

I was down a set and a break. Fought back. Started to play a much better tennis, more aggressive.

You know, in the third set, I think at 1 All, I don't know if I had one or two break chances. He came up with the goods to hold serve there, and then I got a bad break. You know, he started serving really well again to hold in the third.

I think at 2 All in the fourth he really just played some unbelievable shots and deserved to win.

Q. How do you rate his chances in the rest of the competition?

TOMMY HAAS: I don't know. I mean, you know, in tennis it's tough to say. It's like everybody has a different game, different type of style. Depending on the situation, on the conditions and stuff, so it's tough.

Obviously, he's going to be tough to beat if he's playing the way he is, but he's still got a long way to go.

Q. What was it like playing out there?

TOMMY HAAS: I mean, it's great. You know, it's obviously one of the nicest center courts for us in the game with so much history. So, you know, you play that through your mind.

Obviously it's an honor to be on that court competing, trying to win. Crowd's great, so it was fun.

Q. Do you feel his game has developed, is still developing?

TOMMY HAAS: No, not really. I mean, you know, I think he plays a type of game that is quite unpredictable at times. He does have a very good first serve, which I think some people underrate. It's very fast. If he places it well it's very tough to get to.

I think he needs to work on the second serve, to be honest. I mean, I don't know I he used it enough. With a little bit of the windy conditions and the grass, it kind of makes it a little bit tougher to attack that I think here.

But overall he moves well and is a good counter puncher. If he's going to make shots like he did at the end of the fourth set he's going to be a contender, but it's very tough to ask for to do that day in and day out.

You know, overall I think he plays a game that's tough to beat, but I don't think it's changed much.

Q. Were you surprised or impressed by his temperament? He kept calm when it got tough.

TOMMY HAAS: I wasn't paying too much attention about him really. I'm out there trying to win, trying to find my game. A few points here and there didn't go my way, and that's why I lost today. That's unfortunate, but that's the way tennis goes. You just have to accept it.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
I've long held onto a secret belief that Haas will get one slam title before he retires. A lot of things will have to fall into place, and the way Wimby started I really liked his chances of reaching the final--where I put him--even moreso.

In any event, here are some of the better snaps I took of my guy! (US Opens '05 and '07)
:cheer:  Go Tommy!  :cheer:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:03:29 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
Gotta love those Babble pics!
Awesome job! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
They really are impressive pictures Babble :applause: I do love seeing pictures of guys who got the chance to go to tournaments across the world  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I was so disappointed after Murray match that I couldn't  even come to the forum..After all that was brilliant tennis and I was so satisfied with Tommy's game!! Congrats to Andy,he did perfect job,absolutely brilliant!
We now shouldn't be so depressed,just remember interview that Dallas posted!!
Tommy's really back!!!!!!!!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy you did great job! We shall see you again very soon :

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 11:45:33 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Yes, Tommy did good.  Now let's see if he can stay healthy the rest of the year.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Yes, Tommy did good.
  :thumbs-up: 

Now let's see if he can stay healthy the rest of the year.
  :thumb-down:

The ol' Dallas two-step. Set 'em, knock 'em down...
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif