Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 83512 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Yes, Tommy did good.
  :thumbs-up: 

Now let's see if he can stay healthy the rest of the year.
  :thumb-down:

The ol' Dallas two-step. Set 'em, knock 'em down...

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:See, I don't even think about that until you point it out!  Stop it!!!! :rofl_2:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Consulting with some germans,I've heard that Tommy's next tour should be Toronto from Masters Series that starts on July21st...
Maybe he'll play some tour before that but I am sure that he will play Toronto for certain...
So anyway c'mon Tommy!
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I just have found the article about Tommy playing at Indianapolis,and even better he'll play five consecutive tours before US Open.Really good news ...He's shoulder seems much much better!  :

Haas, Santoro added to field
Veterans receive wild card entries; director retains hope of landing Roddick

In the past, the Indianapolis Tennis Championships has often turned to young Americans for its wild card entries.
This time it is using wild cards to add some international veteran flavor. Tournament director Kevin Martin announced he issued wild cards to Tommy Haas, Germany, and Fabrice Santoro, France, for the tournament, which begins Monday.
Martin said he is excited to add Haas, who reached a high ranking of No. 2 in May 2002.
Haas, 30, is ranked No. 45 on the ATP Tour. Plagued by shoulder problems earlier this season, he is healthy and reached the third round at Wimbledon. Haas, who finished 2007 ranked No. 12, has played in Indianapolis six times, reaching the semis in 2002.
"When he's healthy, he is considered one of the top players in the game," Martin said.
Santoro, 35, was the oldest player ranked in the top 50 last year. Currently No. 57, he has played in Indianapolis five times. He reached the quarterfinals in 1991.
Martin is holding the third and final wild card with the small chance he can convince two-time Indy champion Andy Roddick to take it.
"We're still having conversations and they haven't said no yet," Martin said.
Martin must make his decision before Friday's draw. Qualifying will begin Saturday.
Roddick is scheduled to play in a World Team Tennis match in St. Louis on Saturday. He is scheduled for four consecutive tournaments, starting with Toronto on July 21.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Tommy's best ever chances to win a grand slam were the 2002 Australian Open, 2001 U.S Open, and 2002 U.S Open IMHO.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy's best ever chances to win a grand slam were the 2002 Australian Open, 2001 U.S Open, and 2002 U.S Open IMHO.

Yeah..and don't forget Australian Open last year defeat to Gonzalez...That was his pretty good chance...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Indianapolis awaits !
     Go get'em tiger!!

TOMMY HAAS

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Oh I wish I hadn't read that. Haas and Santoro 2 1/2 hours away. Now I'm Jonesin' to go...  Argh!!!, why don't I have unlimited funds and 50 paid vacation days!!!!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Alrighty then...Indianapolis draw...I would say it is OK...Tommy is ''injury free'' like he would say  :) so he can get some great results..
Realistically his path should be:

Tommy :  Levine-Isner-Mahut-Querrey-Blake

I know that some of you would say i is gonna be difficult for him to get to the final..And it will be,but I personally think that Tommy is better than them...And Blake hm.. We shall see!!
But remember well...US Open last year!

Draw : http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/419/mds.pdf
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 07:48:46 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Murray and Lopez are out,more chance for Tommy to do well... :

Contenders drop out of event
Murray, Lopez withdraw from tournament, leaving 3 of top 40

The Indianapolis Tennis Championships took another hit Friday before the first racket was swung.
Already lacking its usual star power, the tournament lost ninth-ranked Andy Murray and
No. 22 Feliciano Lopez to withdrawals
"Murray has personal reasons he has to deal with," tournament director Kevin Martin said. "I'm aware of what those are, but I said I wouldn't disclose them. There's nothing physical."
Lopez also withdrew for personal reasons, Martin said.
Murray would have been the tournament's No. 2 seed behind James Blake. Lopez would have been No. 3.
In addition, Martin failed to lure Andy Roddick with a wild card. Martin said the two-time Indianapolis champion decided to continue to practice before heading to the Tennis Masters Series in Toronto, which begins July 21.
The tournament's second seed is France's Gilles Simon, who is ranked No. 26. Defending champion Dmitry Tursunov is the third seed and ranked No. 33.
That puts just three players in the top 40 in the rankings. At No. 44, Sam Querrey is the fourth seed. Tommy Haas, who accepted a wild card, is No. 45 and seeded fifth.
"Tommy would be higher if he hadn't been injured," Martin said.
Haas was 12th in the year-end 2007 rankings.
Martin said the field doesn't differ too much from last year's, which had four players in the top 40. All eight seeds in 2006 made the top 40.
Martin said the tournament will benefit from having several developing U.S. players.
"What you'll see is talent that may not be top 40 today but they are on their way up there," Martin said. "I think Querrey is a great example of that."
Also withdrawing Friday were Hyung-Taik Lee (ankle injury) and Kei Nishikori (pulled stomach muscle), Simone Bolelli (personal). Bolelli was the highest ranked of those at No. 47.
The final wild card went to Carmel's Rajeev Ram, who is ranked No. 206 on the tour.
"I've been talking to Rajeev the last few days and he made it clear he was going to stay in town and wanted to try to be in position to get the wild card," Martin said.
Ram won a Challenger event at Winnetka, Ill., earlier this month.
"He feels he's playing at a higher level than he was a few months ago," Martin said.
Ram, 24, didn't get a break in the draw. He'll face No. 6 seed Fabrice Santoro, another wild card, in the first round.
Blake opens play against Israel's Dudi Sela, ranked No. 76.
Martin said Blake, who won in Indianapolis in 2006, is considering playing doubles.

P.S.There are some good words for Tommy by mr.Martin  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Well good luck to Tommy in this tournament. ;-()

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Well he will need it anyway! Except one main thing...health...  ;-()
But he is OK now,seems a way better from Halle and Wimbledon...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Dear Tommy,it is about to time to change your very old picture...You have changed,so am I !  :)) New times are coming...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
I'm pleased that Tommy Haas is coming to the Legg Mason here in mid-August. He is one of the few who might give Andy Roddick meaningful competition.  :)

I enjoy watching his girlfriend  :lust: in the players box almost as much as Tommy. I hope she comes too. Tommy couldn't wish for a more animated supporter  :cheer: and I've always hoped that she is nice to him when he loses  :kisses: . They seem to have been together for a while  :ok: .

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yap,Sara is always with him,almost every tour...She is nice to him,although he won't be with her  :)) kidding...
Welcome to this thread,always glad to hear of more Tommy's  'hidden' fans... ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Well he will need it anyway! Except one main thing...health...  ;-()
But he is OK now,seems a way better from Halle and Wimbledon...
Well, the door is now open for him at Indy.  Let's see if he can continue to improve and play some good tennis there!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Sure it is...And still to play 4 more tours before US Open except Indy...
Well,if he does well,as I am sure that he should,he could easily be a seed...That could be very important...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Yap,Sara is always with him,almost every tour...She is nice to him,although he won't be with her  :)) kidding...
Welcome to this thread,always glad to hear of more Tommy's  'hidden' fans... ;-()

How long have they been together?  Are they in the "Mirka/Roger" range? (8 years)...

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Definitely not...As far as I know they are together since 2006..So that would be 2 years...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Information about the upcoming Olympics...Tommy won't play for Germany...Along with Roddick,Fish,Gasquet..etc
Source : http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/2008-07-13-tennispros-olympics_N.htm
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:30:03 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Information about the upcoming Olympics...Tommy should play for Germany...That's brilliant !
Source : http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/2008-07-13-tennispros-olympics_N.htm

I'm confused then because this paragraph was in that article:

Roddick and No. 41 Fish aren't alone. Other big names taking an Olympic pass include No. 15 Richard Gasquet of France and No. 45 Tommy Haas of Germany. Haas won a silver medal at the 2000 Sydney Games.