Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 90176 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yes,that paragraph..
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Hm,I've got it wrong..that paragraph actually says that he won't play,instead of Bejing he will prepare for US Open..My fault... :whistle:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
Information about the upcoming Olympics...Tommy should play for Germany...That's brilliant !
Source : http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/2008-07-13-tennispros-olympics_N.htm

I'm confused then because this paragraph was in that article:

Roddick and No. 41 Fish aren't alone. Other big names taking an Olympic pass include No. 15 Richard Gasquet of France and No. 45 Tommy Haas of Germany. Haas won a silver medal at the 2000 Sydney Games.

Tommy's joining the other Olympic dropouts coming here.

http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/players.aspx

I'm happy about that  :)) . Would be also nice if they could get Gasquet to join the crowd.  ..-)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Hm,I've got it wrong..that paragraph actually says that he won't play,instead of Bejing he will prepare for US Open..My fault... :whistle:

A little slow....but at least you got it! :rofl_2:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yap,maybe that was because I hadn't read whole text..But anyway,my bad  :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Information about the upcoming Olympics...Tommy should play for Germany...That's brilliant !
Source : http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tennis/2008-07-13-tennispros-olympics_N.htm

I'm confused then because this paragraph was in that article:

Roddick and No. 41 Fish aren't alone. Other big names taking an Olympic pass include No. 15 Richard Gasquet of France and No. 45 Tommy Haas of Germany. Haas won a silver medal at the 2000 Sydney Games.

Tommy's joining the other Olympic dropouts coming here.

http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/players.aspx

I'm happy about that  :)) . Would be also nice if they could get Gasquet to join the crowd.  ..-)

Glad to read it...Since he won't play at Olympics,Legg Mason is terrific news for me,he did pretty good job there last year  ;-()
Hope that Gasquet will make there too...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
I'm hoping that Sara comes too.  :grind dance: :trampoline: :yahoo:
Last year, Isner took him out with (guess what) 64 67(6) 76(5) !  :scared:
I hope Tommy has learned now how to return the Isner serve. All he needs do is to get the ball into play.  :Teacher:
I'd like him to get to the final this time.  :)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yap,Well he has some problems with Isner as he would say,but I think that he has overcome it...
Sure this time,Tommy will win...
Oh yes ! Sara will be there  :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
For those who wants to know...Tommy will play today and it will be third match on the center court...Live actions begins at 12 noon,so Tommy will probably play around 4pm...
Auf geht's Tommy !  :))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:00:40 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
This time has come..Tommy's game is about to begin,again all the best...C'mon !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
First set ends..Tommy won 7-6(4)..Could have been easy win after 4-1 to Tommy but complication leads him to difficult win in TieBreak...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
First set ends..Tommy won 7-6(4)..Could have been easy win after 4-1 to Tommy but complication leads him to difficult win in TieBreak...

You can post about this match in the Match thread.... even if it's about Tommy! :))  (More people are over on that thread so they will see the results!)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Alrighty then...Tommy took another glorious victory...7-6(4)...6-2

It all started really good for him leading 4-1 with a break,but then he started to fall,coming to an difficult tiebreak,but he got through with it 7-4
Second set was just pure inspiration ,wining 2 breaks and easy end on his serve 6-2 !
Great win,Tommy see you tomorrow against Isner !  7pm Local time !
C'mon !
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 05:28:18 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Here is the post match interview by Tommy,part from the '' Odesnik Sets Up Tursunov Meeting; Haas Advances'' article:

Fifth-seeded German Tommy Haas saved eight of nine break point chances faced to secure a 7-6(4), 6-2 win against 20-year-old American Jesse Levine.

"It's always difficult when you play each other for the first time in a match," said Haas. "We've known each other for quite a long time and we practice together once in a while, but a match is a totally different story... I played a couple good points late in the tie-break to get it going my way."

Haas has advanced to the quarterfinals or better twice in six appearances in Indianapolis, reaching the quarterfinals on his debut in 1996 (l. to Sampras) and the semifinals in 2002 (l. to Rusedski).

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Haas hopeful that shoulder will let him keep playing tennis
16.07.08 04:24

German Tommy Haas advanced in his first match Tuesday at the Indianapolis Tennis Championships, then said he will stay on in the game for as long as his delicate shoulder will allow, dpa reported.
The fifth seed, who reached the semi-finals at the US Open run-up event in 2002, defeated US youngster Jesse Levine 7-6 (7/4), 6-2.
"It's been a tough year," said the 30-year-old, who underwent more shoulder surgery last autumn, then made his 2008 comeback too early.
"I came back too early since I wanted to know how the shoulder would feel. I had to quit in the hard-court season, didn't play the clay. I only started again after the spring on grass. I've really only played two events since Miami (in March)."
Haas, who reached the Wimbledon third round, said that he will soldier on in the game for as long as he feels fit.
"I've been out for a few years here and there. If I'm feeling fit, I can do some damage," he said. "If the shoulder plays up again, and I start to struggle, we'll have to see."
Haas plays his second-round match on Wednesday, taking on another US young gun in big server John Isner, who beat Robert Kendrick 7-5, 6-4.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Haas should win this match up, just needs to get that serve back.  Hopefully that shoulder holds up.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God

It all started really good for him leading 4-1 with a break,but then he started to fall,coming to an difficult tiebreak,but he got through with it 7-4
Second set was just pure inspiration ,wining 2 breaks and easy end on his serve 6-2 !
C'mon !

Good show  :)) . Bet Sara was pleased.
I had to leave in the middle of the first set and was getting worried.
I hope he does OK against Isner  :)>>>> . It should be interesting!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

C'mon !

Good show  :)) . Bet Sara was pleased.
I had to leave in the middle of the first set and was getting worried.
I hope he does OK against Isner  :)>>>> . It should be interesting!

:)) Sara should be pleased  :))
Well as dallas and tennis4you already said,he will need better serve,but I truly hope so that this time he will beat him...Past events with this guy were awful,but Tommy seems better now,so we will see tonight !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy's pics from Murray game,a little bit late,but I'll post new one,hope from Indy,until then:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:14:12 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:52:12 AM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS