Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 94111 times)

Offline TheBull

• Tennis God

hey lugburz... looks like the links are dead or something??

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I don't know what happened,it was OK?!  :confused1:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Featured Match Previews
Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tommy Haas 5 WC (GER) vs John Isner (USA)

The big question in this second-round match is whether towering young-gun John Isner can serve his way past the veteran Tommy Haas for the third time in his career.

In their previous two meetings, Isner served up 52 aces to Haas's 29.

The 23-year-old Isner, 6'9", turned pro in June 2007 after graduating from the University of Georgia, where he was a four-time All-American. He quickly made a huge splash as a wild-card entry in Washington, his tour debut. He posted a record five straight wins in third-set tiebreaks before losing to No. 5 Andy Roddick in the final. Isner also fired 144 aces during the week, the most in a non-Grand Slam tournament since 1991. He finished 2007 at No. 107. He is currently ranked No. 96 with his best result realized at the San Jose quarterfinals.

For the last seven years, Haas, the one-time world No. 2 (May 13, 2002), has been hampered by a shoulder injury, and it has caused him to play a very limited schedule in 2008. Wimbledon was his first Grand Slam event of the year and only ninth tournament overall. He missed the Australian Open while recovering from right shoulder surgery, and the same recurring injury kept him out of the French Open. He returned from a six-week lay-off in Halle and advanced to the second round. In March, he reached the quarterfinals at AMS Indian Wells, then didn't win back-to-back matches again until Wimbledon, where he lost in the third round to Andy Murray.

Isner will be hard to beat if his serve is firing on all cylinders, but something tells me that Haas is finding his form and won't let the young American get three straight matches on him.

Agree!   ;-()

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

Wow!  These pictures of Casper the friendly ghost  just.....lovely.... :whistle: :whistle:

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
Congrats to Tommy for getting past the Isner giant 6-3, 6-4.  :))
Onward and upward.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Congrats to Tommy for getting past the Isner giant 6-3, 6-4.  :))
Onward and upward.

Thanks euroka!  :trampoline: :yay:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Very sad news for me  :(     I am so pissed of that I won't be here tonight  :mad1:
I have to travel a long way journey back home for 10 hours with lousy train!
Hope that Tommy will win tonight,because otherwise I would kill myself for not being
here tonight..
Regards for all Tommy's fans ,and till' tomorrow !!
Auf geht's Tommy !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Finally home ! and.......Tommy made my day last night ! Very easily 6-3  6-4...Truly amazing ! No comment,I am so f'''ng thrilled !!!!

What  Tommy said after match:
          by Tommy Haas
"The last time we played in San Jose it was frustrating. I had three match points in a row and he saved them all." - "I was happy to get my revenge after losing to him twice." - "I'm really happy about getting that match. It's always very important to have at least one victory against everyone that plays out there, so I'm really pleased with that one. I had break points on his first two service games and finally converted on my third. I used good placement when I got a look at his serve."

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Well done to Tommy for that great win, he's done a good job there. Especially against the Isner giant.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Well done to Tommy for that great win, he's done a good job there. Especially against the Isner giant.

Don't worry ,there is still more to come from Tommy guy !  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Very sad news for me  :(     I am so pissed of that I won't be here tonight  :mad1:
Hope that Tommy will win tonight,because otherwise I would kill myself for not being
here tonight.
Auf geht's Tommy !

Uhmm that's not advisable I'd say  :-o
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
here tonight.
Auf geht's Tommy !

:innocent:
Those of us that were on duty made sure of a win, Chris.  :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
here tonight.
Auf geht's Tommy !

:innocent:
Those of us that were on duty made sure of a win, Chris.  :))

Somebody has a lot to thank you for then Euroka  ;-()
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Preview:
Tommy 2 Simon 0
Seems that Tommy has better history comparing these 2 guys,Victories at Halle and Cincinatti in 2006...So this one should be good match,lookin' forward to it !
Still Simon is 2nd seeded,but for me Tommy is slight favorite...We'll see....Auf Geht's !!!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
The competition is starting to get intense  :lifting) but Isner was the tall hurdle to get over. That augurs well for a good performance here in Washington where an in-form Safin could be the only obstacle to a spirited final against Roddick.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
Oh well, today not so good.  :dunno:
Age counts  :( .

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
God damnnnnnnnnn ...I was so pissed off that I couldn't even write ! I mean,it wasn't due to Tommy's lost,it was because the way that he lost it!!
Man,he has every right to scream and break the racket,but hey! when you express that emotion that should be behind you,and should prepare for the upcoming point ! He learned a lot today ,an his attitude on the court should be much much better ! So I am happy because of that thing he will enter Toronto with full form!
I wasn't mad at him for lost just mad at him for his childish manners!can't
P.S.That not shaking with the umpire wasn't so nice of him! Hope he will overcome that,and then he will win some tour...
But as always,can't wait for his next match! So,looking forward to Toronto.Hope for a good draw !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
God damnnnnnnnnn ...I was so pissed off that I couldn't even write ! I mean,it wasn't due to Tommy's lost,it was because the way that he lost it!!
Man,he has every right to scream and break the racket,but hey! when you express that emotion that should be behind you,and should prepare for the upcoming point ! He learned a lot today ,an his attitude on the court should be much much better ! So I am happy because of that thing he will enter Toronto with full form!
P.S.That not shaking with the umpire wasn't so nice of him! Hope he will overcome that,and then he will win some tour...
But as always,can't wait for his next match! So,looking forward to Toronto.Hope for a good draw !

I didn't see the match.  Did Tommy just run out of gas or what?

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

I didn't see the match.  Did Tommy just run out of gas or what?
Better for you...Well,as I said everything at the beginning was brilliant for Tommy..And then in the second set he gained a break leading 3-1,then everything went wrong  :mad1: He instantly lost his serve,but Simon took advantage late in the ninth game(4-5)
Everything went wrong when umpire took the point away from Tommy,for behaving badly(smashing racket and screaming)
Then Tommy totally lost his game,loosing easily in the 3rd...   

TOMMY HAAS