Author Topic: THE TOMMY HAAS THREAD (Post articles, pictures, interviews, etc. about Tommy)  (Read 93644 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
And...this moment has changed everything... :whistle:

I don't see anything :confused1:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Well at that picture the umpire took him point,and exactly because of that,Tommy lost his match  :(
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Tommy will play first match tomorrow on center court !    Go Get'Em Tiger !  :))
Full schedule:http://www.rogerscupmen.com/2/en/draws/OrderOfPlayTuesday.pdf

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
   Rogers Cup First Round: Carlos Moya vs. Tommy Haas
7/22/08 6:29 AM | Ricky Dimon

Turn back the clock for this one. Well, both players at least hope to turn back the clock. Either way, Carlos Moya or Tommy Haas will be moving on to the second round of the Rogers Cup.

You know you are talking about two grizzled veterans when you say that they have played each other ten times in their career and yet have not square off since 2002.

Six years ago? That's right, Carlos Moya and Tommy Haas have not played since the summer of '02 at the Masters Series Rome. In a span of six years starting in 1997, they met times. Their head-to-head series is all tied up at five apiece, although Moya leads 1-0 on hard courts.

All of that was so long ago you can throw all those stats out the window. This one is all going to come down to current form, and while neither man is particularly hot at the moment, Haas is playing better. The German reached the third round of Wimbledon and the quarterfinals last week in Indianapolis, where he was up a set and a break on eventual champion Gilles Simon before losing control.

Moya is still 28th in the world, but he is just 52nd in the 2008 points race with a mediocre 15-15 match record. Not including a run the quarterfinals of the Masters Series Hamburg, the Spaniard is 1-6 in his last seven matches since Miami. A return to the hard courts should not favor Moya either, because he has always been and remains more comfortable on clay.

This is a marquee matchup in terms of name recognition, but Moya might not make it one in terms of stellar tennis unless he turns things around suddenly and drastically. Even if that happens this is Haas' match to win as long as he serves relatively well and plays aggressively. Haas in two--with one set being competitive--is the pick.

Although this is going to be pretty difficult match,I agree with the last sentence...Just as long as Tommy serves well,he will definitely win this one.....And yes of course,if he can calm his nerves a little bit down, :( keeping his  control,everything should be alright...
Auf Geht's Tommy!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Well Tommy,that was absolutely brilliant!(6-3,6-2)  ;-() I expected pretty much everything but this easy win!
Tommy's serve is back,that was the only thing that he missed and now everything is OK!
Should be great match vs Davydenko and sooo Lookin' Forward to it !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
                           Haas easily dispatches Moya to reach second round at Rogers Cup tournament

TORONTO German Tommy Haas advanced to the second round of the C$2.6-million Rogers Cup with a 6-3, 6-2 win over Spain's Carlos Moya on Tuesday.

Moya, a former world No. 1, entered the match at No. 28 in the latest rankings, 18 spots ahead of Haas.

Gilles Simon of France defeated American Donald Young 6-1, 6-3 before it began to rain at the Rexall Centre, suspending play for about 45 minutes.

When play resumed, sixth-seeded American Andy Roddick jumped out to an early 3-1 lead on Nicolas Mahut of France before the rain returned, suspending play for another 30 minutes. In other matches, Marin Cilic of Croatia had a 6-3, 4-6, 3-2 lead on Lukas Dlouhy of the Czech Republic and American Jesse Levine had a 3-0 lead on Peter Polansky of Thornhill, Ont.

Frank Dancevic of Niagara Falls, Ont., was to meet Novak Djokovic of Serbia in a second-round match Tuesday night. Djokovic, who won this tournament last year when it was held in Montreal, is the third seed.

Dancevic, who upset Mario Ancic of Croatia in the first round, was also scheduled to play a doubles match with Levine against Australians Paul Hanley and Jordan Kerr.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
From today's match vs Moya:   

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Yes, Tommy played great today. :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Haas played a very impressive match yesterday vs Moya- he was extremely dominant on serve and was able to break Moya pretty freely as well. What a match I think we might see now with Davydenko- this ones just too tough to call I feel.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
  Rogers Cup Second Round: Nikolay Davydenko vs. Tommy Haas

Familiar foes will do battle in a marquee matchup on Wednesday in Toronto. It's Nikolay Davydenko vs. Tommy Haas for a spot in the Rogers Cup third round.

Tuesday play in Toronto gets started with a bang as Nikolay Davydenko and Tommy Haas will be the first to do battle on the Grandstand. Davydenko and Haas are no strangers to meeting each other in huge matches. In fact this will be the first time they square off outside of a Grand Slam. The Russian has eliminated Haas from each of the last two U.S. Opens, both times in the quarterfinals. Davydenko also prevailed at the 2005 French Open, while Haas scored his only victory in four tries at the 2007 Australian Open.

Normally Davydenko would be a considerable favorite, but it's hard to tell just what his form is like at the moment. He has not played since Wimbledon, which for Davydenko--who plays arguably more tennis than anyone else on tour--is an ocean of time. The Russian crashed out of the French Open in round three to Ivan Ljubcic, righted the ship by winning Warsaw, but then laid an egg in the first round of Wimbledon against Benjamin Becker. Which Davydenko will show up in Toronto: the rock solid one we are accustomed to and the one that captured titles in Warsaw and Miami, or the one who reared his ugly head in Paris and London?

Chances are we know what we're going to get from Haas. The German had injury problems (what's new?) early in the summer, but he reached the third round of Wimbledon and the quarterfinals last week in Indianapolis, where he was up a set and a break on eventual champion Gilles Simon before losing control. In his first match this week he destroyed Carlos Moya 6-3, 6-2 and dropped only six points on serve.

If Haas keeps up that kind of serving, he definitely has a chance to pull off the upset by not letting Davydenko get into a rhythm of baseline rallies. But if the No. 4 seed gets a lot of second-serve looks and plays more aggressively, he could take care of Haas in relatively simple fashion. The bet here is that this turns out to be a three-set thriller and don't be surprised if the upset occurs.

Definitely true,Tommy is pretty attacking player so I don't expect that he will take Davydenko game by hitting the balls from baseline...
Just as long Tommy plays like he did vs Moya, I am always optimistic about his progress!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Rogers Cup for Tommy is over,but Tommy showed some great tennis again...Next one is Cincy,so hope this time for better draw!
Some of the action taken from Toronto:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:27:29 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Good pictures!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Good pictures!
Thanks ;-() I'm still lookin' for pics vs Davydenko,but I can't find 'em..'till soon then...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Wow,this Simon seems to be on fire at the moment  :confused1: To be honest I am a little bit confused...Only few days has passed when Tommy played him...Tommy was so dominant in that one,that I cannot believe that this same guy got this far...But again this can only be some little consolation to me I guess  :))   ..-)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Wow,this Simon seems to be on fire at the moment  :confused1: To be honest I am a little bit confused...Only few days has passed when Tommy played him...Tommy was so dominant in that one,that I cannot believe that this same guy got this far...But again this can only be some little consolation to me I guess  :))   ..-)

Uhm it wasn't really a 'bad' loss now, was it... Simon is really playing well.  The one thing I hate is when a player beats a favorite then loses in the next round.  Well Simon has been playing great for 2 weeks now... so he's on a hot streak.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

Uhm it wasn't really a 'bad' loss now, was it... Simon is really playing well.  The one thing I hate is when a player beats a favorite then loses in the next round.  Well Simon has been playing great for 2 weeks now... so he's on a hot streak.

Yeah true,he is showing it...So definitely not bad loss,however Tommy should have won that one,but that's tennis...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I don't know how I didn't recall this before,but here are some pictures with Tommy and Sara....

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
So the draw is out:http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/422/mds.pdf

Tommy has Youzhny in first round...
He is in a Nadal quarter...Lookin' forward seein' it !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
So the draw is out:http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/422/mds.pdf

Again, good luck to Tommy at Cincy... (he's on the other side of the draw from Roger!) :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

Again, good luck to Tommy at Cincy... (he's on the other side of the draw from Roger!) :))

Thanks Dallas  ;-() Good luck to Roger as well !
P.S.That could be a hell of final  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS